“A lot if food for the money...”
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #16 of 268 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pleasant Atmosphere and reasonable prices
Houston, Texas
“A lot if food for the money...”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I ordered their luncheon special of manicotti that came with the salad bar and a lot of bread. The manicotti was good. The salad bar is very average. The bread was good and the dipping sauce was much more butter than olive oil. All in all it was a good meal not great but good. I am giving it a 4 overall because the total bill with tea was $8.65 including tax!!! That makes their lunches a great deal. Believe me it was a full meal and for that price makes it an incredible bargain.

Abilene, Texas
“date night”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

ive never been here before and I had a date my boyfriend took me here, the food was delicious, chicken tortellini with pink sauce service was excellent

• Visited May 2013
“Good food, wonderful service”
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Little Italy is not overly fancy but the food is delicious (try the lasange) and we always leave full and satisfied. The bread is good wth a unique and delicious olive oil-butter and herb dipping sauce. The salad bar is minimal but the house dressing is very good.

The gentleman who plays guitar on weekends makes for great atmosphere.

One of the best things about Little Italy is the service. We are there almost weekly and we always feel like family!

1 Thank Karen B
Lubbock, Texas
“Very enjoyable!”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Friday night eight thirty busy and a wait, but well worth it! Best $35.00 meals including two glasses of wine and tip we have had in years! Salad dressing wonderful and the best meatball sub I have had since New York! A nice little table partitioned off with fantastic live music to set a romantic mood! Way to go Little Italy in Abilene, TX!

Texas, United States
“Average at best Italian food”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

While traveling, we stopped at this restaurant based on its TA rating, but surprisingly it was not more than an average place to eat. It was a Sunday afternoon, around 1:30 PM and the place was empty. We sat right down and our drink order was placed.

We looked over the menu and asked for a recommendation. The waitstaff simply repeated almost the entire menu back to us as what was really good to eat. Not much help there. While we considered our choices, we were brought some very tasty bread, oil and garlic. The oil and garlic was very tasty, with some red pepper which added just a little heat. A nice little touch, I thought. The bread was homemade and very good, served nice and hot.

After looking at the menu some more, we tried a couple of different dishes, while the kids ate pizza. My wife tried the Tortellini Alla Panna w/pink sauce and chicken, while I tried the Pasta Sampler Lasagne, manicotti, and baked ziti. Neither of these dishes was great, but were ok. Having traveled to Italy before, our tastes for pasta has changed over time and we are probably considered "very picky" when it comes to the sauces. Mine was a traditional red sauce, but the flavor was not what I prefer. I like the lasagne, and the manicotti was ok, but the ziti was nothing to write home about. Very average.

My wife's dish was not very pleasing to her either, as she comment to me that she makes this much better at home. Perhaps it is just as simple as what we like from eating at home, or perhaps it just was an average dish.

Either way, we will probably not make a repeat trip here for lunch or dinner, unless there are no other choices. The final straw as the price. It cost us over $50 for our family of five to eat. Not that does not seem high, but when the kids are all eating a simple personal pizza, I would have expected it to be a little less. Not a great value.

• Visited February 2013

Been to Little Italy? Share your experiences!