“service is awfuln”
Review of Whitten Inn

Whitten Inn
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I think the service is awful at this hotel. I have been staying weekly, they are suppose to change sheets and clean room including taking the trash out, it rarely happens. They will call about the rent and never offer any compensation for not cleaning the room or bringing towels. One of the managers, blond hair and older very rude, the owners are only interested in money from what I see. I will not recommend this hotel to the other companies that's coming behind us. I forgot about the WI-FI is also awful goes out for weeks and just like now when its suppose to be fixed its not the wi-fi sucks this hotel sucks and the owners does not care... Two months hasn't gotten better

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cgree2014
wiexpo, Director of Sales at Whitten Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for your observation. Whitten Inn University strives very hard for all our guest. I am sorry to hear about your stay. I checked on the concerns that you stated. We were upgrading our internet services at the time you were having problems, the new modem took longer than the expected arrival time, we are so sorry. The housekeeping issue i did check on, there were times when the DD was on the door, housekeeping is not aloud to enter the room if that sign is placed outside the door, again we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The bottom line is we never want a guest to leave feeling distressed. Thank for bringing these concerns to our attention. Without your input we cannot fix any problems.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Upon entry into the room we were greeted by M&M candy on the floor. The laminate was falling off of the the microwave shelf. Bathroom door knob was loose and about to fall off. The hot water was not so hot. The beds were awful. This will be our last stay here.

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I m troubled to hear that your stay with us was not accommodating. I have since then spoke with the property manager concerning your concerns. Thank you again, without your reviews we cannot maintain our property for our guest to be comfortable.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This place is very outdated and is infested with roaches! Need I say more? 2 rooms, 2 roaches, 1 dead, 1 alive. Enough said. This review is not worth the 200 word minimum, the hotel is dirty and sucks. Absolutely Disgusted! Dirt dirt dirt bug bug bug roaches roaches

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am very troubled about this issue. We have contacted our Pest Control to look into this issue . We do not want any guest to have to go through this experience. Unfortunately this can happen, we apologize that it happened during your stay.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Best customer service ever received at a hotel from check in to check out. Every one was very helpful and rooms were nice and clean! Breakfast was our favorite part, great variety and the area was kept very clean and the lady was extremely nice! We will most definitely make this our place to stay when we come to Abilene!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
wiexpo, Director of Sales at Whitten Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We definitely want you and your family to stay with us in the future. Please call us when you may be returning to the area so we can have your room ready.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was my first time visiting the Whitten Inn University in Abilene and I was very pleased. Great location for travelers in the area, just off I-20, but very quiet. Lots of places to eat close by and a Walmart across the street. Two story, with exterior walkways and room entrances. My room was clean, with a very comfortable, firm bed, nice TV, small frig, m/w, iron and board, and even a nice reading lamp next to the bed. Clean bath had sink outside bathroom, nice towels, and plenty of hot water. My only problem was a noisy A/c vent, but easily fixed. All the staff are very friendly and check in [with advance reservation] was fast. Breakfast area is relatively large with plenty of seating. Advertised free wi-fi, but I didn't have laptop on this trip. Large pool, closed for the winter. A nice, clean, economically priced motel. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are generally quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

It is nice when you find a hotel that can accommodate your needs. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Please call us when you are planning to be in the Abilene area again, we will have your room ready.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for several years while on business and have never been disappointed. The rooms are very clean Stasia and the other staff members are the friendliest in Abilene. My room is always ready when I arrive and exactly the area of the hotel I requested. Great value!

Room Tip: I enjoy staying on the 1st floor front side of the hotel. Drive right up to the room. Very well lit...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for making Whitten Inn University your home away from home. We appreciate your business and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Be sure to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have been staying @ the Whitten Inn- University for a couple months now and am very impressed with the affordability, cleanliness, and service of this motel. Continental breakfast every morning, coffee and bananas available throughout the day, consistent daily room service, affordable rates and a friendly front desk staff make this motel stand out from most others.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

We know how important it is to save money. Traveling can be very costly. The Whitten Inn University understands that and we want to be as affordable as possible, but not to take away from quality and service. It is nice when you can have all of that in one place. Thank you again for taking time to let us know how we are doing.