“Nice place to start summer Vacation”

Best Western Abilene Inn & Suites
Best Western Abilene Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice place to start summer Vacation”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Best Western Grand Marina in Corpus Christi Texas , Is such an awesome place to stay . With everything you could wanna do so close by, restaurants , USS Lexington just a furry boat ride away. Not to mention the beautiful view from the balcony from each room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel was okay, nothing to brag about, but it worked for a one night stay while I was in town for business. Hotel and room were clean. Someone else here had mentioned the WiFi not being that good, and they are absolutely correct. Constantly kicking me off, and very slow. If WiFi is a very important must, might keep that in mind. Also the bath towels were very hard. Other than that, hotel was good. Very good location right off I-20, although there is construction on the access roads, it is still easy to get to.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Big Spring, Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Being a hotel owner and operator myself, I have to say this was the worst experience I have encountered. I received a call from the front desk at 11:30PM requesting me to go down and provide proof that, I was a General Manager/Partner at another Best Western. She was very polite and apologized on behalf of her owner but, she said he demanded I show some other kind of proof as he was not satisfied with what I have provided. As she was talking to the owner, I requested that I speak with him so, I could provide him the necessary information. He declined to speak with me stating he was not available as he was sleeping. The owner of this Best Western does NOT know the meaning of Hospitality. I was awaken the second time at 2:30AM by a group of kids drinking and partying by the pool. When I called the front desk to ask if, the pool was open that late she replied NO Sir. it is just a crew that have been staying with us and they are night owls. I finally decided to wake my family up in the middle of the night and go to another hotel.

2 Thank EliseiAdam_915

Travellers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Graham, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hotel room was clean and customer service was great, high speed internet was awful - couldn't get a signal to do what I need to have done on my laptop. Definitely a good clean hotel. Will be back in the future.

Roanoke, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Convenient to activities. Good breakfast. Personnel were friendly and helpful. Internet was intermediant and need to improve reception. Room was comforable and clean. Pool was refreshing and clean. I would recommend this location to any business traveler for quick in and out.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Checked into the hotel paying by cash. Was told since I was paying cash, I would have to put up a $50 deposit and I would get it back in the morning or upon check out.
So I said no problem, thinking I would get it back, because I could see no reason that I wouldn't. When checking out in the morning, before the desk clerk would give my $50 back, she went to check the room. When she came back she told me that I had burnt the bed cover. This was totally false. Why would I do that? She said they were going top charge me $25 because of it. I told them that I hadn't even seen any burn mark, (plus I didn't go into the room to inspect it). The manager came in and said she was going to look at it in the room. I asked if I should go along and she said no to wait at the front desk. When the manager came back, in her hand was a bed cover with a burn mark in it. Because she wouldn't allow me to come along with her to the room, she could have got that from anywhere. So they accuse me of doing something I didn't do, and charged me $25 for it. In other words Stole it from me. If paying by credit card, they could have charged that also. So if you ever have to stay at this hotel. Word to the wise. INSPECT YOUR ROOM UPON ENTRY!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Central Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I were traveling to Abilene to attend a conference. I have had good experiences with Best Western on travels, so we chose this one because it had the hot breakfast instead of just the continental one served at the other Best Western location. The room was great. It is July and very hot, but the air conditioner more than kept up with our needs. There was plenty of hot water to take long showers or baths any time of the day. The pool was clean and well cared for. All the public areas were kept immaculate. The breakfast was even better than I expected since this establishment serves biscuits and sausage gravy along with the regular sausage patties, scrambled eggs and hash browns. All these things were basic, but kept fresh and hot at all times.

We were staying for 3 nights and did not want or need any housekeeping during that time. I went and exchanged towels once, and the staff was very accommodating. No room can ever be perfect, and there were two little issues with this one. The light that you turn on when you come into the room never did come up to full brightness, so we used the bathroom light instead whenever we came in. There was also a small leak on the bathroom sink where the fixture meats the counter. This was a bit annoying but nothing to call and make a stink over.

The placement of our room was almost right in the middle of the hotel on the second floor. There were luggage carts to make it easier to load and unload. I thought it was going to be a bother to be located here since we had to walk quite a bit more than I wanted to get to and from our room; however, there were two large groups of people with children going to a softball tournament here. None of them were on the second floor anywhere near us, so our stay was very quiet.

This is a nice place to go and get away from it all. While the staff is efficient, they are not quite as out going as I am used to with other hotels in Texas. If you do not mind quiet efficiency from people who provide an outstanding stay, then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor in the middle of the hotel. There will be very little foot traffi...