“Exactly what I expected, would stay again.”

Best Western Abilene Inn & Suites
Best Western Abilene Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Texas
“Exactly what I expected, would stay again.”
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Fortunately we had no problems. My son and I stayed at this Best Western when we were in Abilene for a college orientation. We checked in around 8pm. We were exhuasted and went straight to our room. It was ready and clean. The hotel was quiet except for a little kid running around in the room above us. It was still early so we did not complain. The beds were comfortable with clean white linens and had plenty of pillows. Towels were clean and fluffy. Employees were friendly. Breakfast was typical. Check out was fast and easy. Experience was exactly what I expected, nothing above and beyond. I would stay here again for the same purpose, to sleep.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank LilyEllis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2008

My daughter and I stayed for one night. She is 7 months pregnant. When we got to the room it was warm so we turned on the AC and went out to eat. We came back and I adjusted the AC -- still warm. About 8:30 p.m. I went down to the front desk and told them there was a problem with the AC and the friendly clerk said she would report it. About 20 minutes later the unit started making a LOUD growling noise so I turned it off. I reported to the desk that the unit had died. She said she was still trying to reach someone. Waited some more. Finally a man showed up to check it. It made the same noise. He quickly decided he would have to replace it with a new one. I asked him if we could move to a new room -- couldn't understand his accent very well but he said something like "no rooms". He took the unit out of the wall and left us sitting there with a hole in the wall (at least the outside night air was cooler!). Finally a second man showed up with a new unit and the two started working on it. We went outside to wait by the pool under our room. When we heard no more banging, we went back in. At 10:15 p.m. he came back to ask if it was working. It was working fine, but all we wanted to do at that time of night was get some sleep, not answer a knock on the door! The next morning I was told there would be no discount (other than AARP that I got when I checked in) for our inconvenience. I called back to speak to the general manager/owner and the same asst. manager said he told her it only took 20 minutes to replace it (???) and all she could give me was the AARP discount -- which I would have received anyway and had nothing to do with the inconvenience of a broken airconditioner. This experience soured me on what otherwise is an okay place to stay. I won't ever go back because of the general manager / owner's attitude. There was a Hampton's Inn and a LaQuinta in the same area. I would go to one of them -- maybe their corporate policies are more customer friendly than this individual owner's "bah to the consumer" attitude!

• Liked — IF everything works, it would be an okay place to stay.
  • Disliked — Broken air conditioner and no discount for the inconvenience !
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Abilene hotels