“Disappointed”

Super 8 Abilene North
Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Closest to ACU campus, so booked there. Rundown and hard to get out of lot. Checkout not till 11 a.m., but housekeeping was knocking on door at 9:30a.m. Not much covers to keep us warm and we did not use the top spread as it appeared not to have been washed or was ready for replacement because of lots of "iffy" yucky looking stains. The up was that the gentleman at the checkout counter was genuinely very nice and also apologetic for our disappointment in our stay and the interruption of our slumber that morning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I arrived in the early morning hours. It was very cold out and the lobby was closed, leaving only the night window. Night staffer was unfriendly, not clear about what was required and rude when asked about need to pay for a room that had already cleared on my credit card.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. There was hair all over the shower. A dirty rag on the shower curtain rod, with hair all over it. Dirty underwear were left in the bathroom. The sheets were dirty also. Pretty sure our room was never cleaned!!! Never ever stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a refund and I was told no.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Nice room, nice people, below average breakfast foods, problems with the tv, the heater/ac unit, and the hot tub could not be used cause the warmest it got while there for 7 nights was 85 degrees and we complained at least 5 times and each time we were told they would fix the problem. I am 62 and my wife and I are both disabled. we stayed in a handi-cap accessible room. The tile floors are great but in the bathroom, when they get wet or damp after a shower, be very careful. They get very slippery and both of us almost fell after showering. We chose this Travelodge because we wanted a hot tub for health and relaxation purposes. We called prior to making our reservations to make sure the hot tub was working. We were told that both the pool and hot tub were working and would be available for our use during the time we were there. We actually met the hot tub repairman and he never got it fixed while we were there for our 7 day trip. Some of the previous reviews were favorable but we weren't as lucky. I believe in 2nd chances, but when we go back to SPI next year, It will be difficult to give them another chance. If you stay there, I hope you have better luck than us.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Worst Super 8 we have ever stayed in. Building needs to be condemned. Outside stairs, ceiling, floors, trim and windows are in disrepair. Bed sheets did not fit the bed. It appears that the walls were painted, but there were stains on the ceiling that indicated leaky roof. Glad it wasn't raining.

Room Tip: Go to a different location.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I made my reservation on line, asking for a handicapped accessible room, and extra pillows. Although I arrived quite late, the desk clerk was very friendly and had my room ready for me. There were 2 beds in the room, so extra pillows were already there for me.
The room was fairly clean, but was in need of upgrading, including new carpet and painting. The bathroom looked like it was being renovated because there were places where it was painted and other places where it was not. It looked like new granite shower walls had been installed, but there was a gap between the wall and the ceiling and unfortunately I think that is where the cockroach in the bath tub came from. It was no problem for me to dump it into the toilet and flush him away. As I looked at it, it seemed that they were making the effort to upgrade their rooms, and some inconvenience is to be expected.
What I did really enjoy was the bed. Having a bad back and being in chronic pain, it was a very comfortable bed, and I slept better than I do at home. The continental breakfast was minimal with cereals, pastries, coffee and juices. I had earned the room for free through my Wyndham Rewards so the room didn't cost me anything, so it was not like I was expecting more.
Would I stay there again? Maybe in a year or so, once the renovations are done. As I said, the bed was wonderful!

Room Tip: For handicapped, be sure to ask for an accessible room, it makes all the difference.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo