“Delicioso salsa!”
Review of Los Arcos Restaurant - CLOSED

Los Arcos Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Locally owned family restaurant - excellent food, best chips/salsa in Abilene, and weekend fajita deal that's unbeatable.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Chili Rellenos was delicious, but the salsa is the best I've ever had! Come hungry--you won't be able to resist the salsa and chips, yet the food is so good, you won't want to leave a single bite!

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Love the queso fundito as an appetizer and the fajitas are always wonderful. I have eaten here for years and they have yet to disappoint. If you are looking for quality food at a good price, you just found it.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Not one of my favorites and on the bad side of town. Food is ok but not worth the drive if you live n the Southside of town. Keep giving it a try but never find something I really like.

1  Thank Dixiecup71
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

I would not advise going here. I have friends who love it but every time I go with them there I am sick to my stomach for the next few days

Reviewed 8 May 2013

The culinary curse of Abilene continues with yet another restaurant that does not know how to cook, let alone cook "Authentic Mexican Cuisine". After living in Abilene for 6 years, I have yet to find a non chain restaurant that delivers great cuisine. After reading lots of great reviews about the great Mexican food at Los Arcos, I decided to give them a try. When I walked in, my hopes went up. The decor is top notch and looks a lot like a real Mexican restaurant in Mexico (I lived there for 6 years). But the decor is where authentic anything ends. I thoroughly searched the menu for anything that resembled real Mexican food. All I could find is the standard Texmex items you would Find anywhere. No Mexican restaurant can call themselves authentic if they don't at least serve, "Caldo De Res". Los Arcos does not even know what Caldo De Res is. Not finding any authentic Mexican items on the menu, I settled on a taco salad and my wife got the spinach enchiladas. I would be lying if I said that it was the worst
Mexican food I have eaten, because that award belongs to the Monterrey Restaurant (also in Abilene), but it was at least the second worst I have eaten. I really don't think these people have any idea what Mexican food is supposed to taste like. After the first bite of their bland and pale anemic looking refried beans, I was certain I was eating in the geriatric cafeteria of a really bad nursing home. My taco salad consisted of about a cup of bland tasteless refried beens, a couple of teaspoons of boiled unseasoned ground beef, half a cup of shreded iceberg lettuce, and a few sprinkles of cheese. The was no sign of a tomato, onion or guacamole. They did not even offer any dressing to go with the salad. My wife's spinach enchilada was a little better, but far from being anything great (TV diner quality).

The bottom line is, these people need to visit a Mexican spice store and learn how to make Mexican food. Mexican food has has spices in it, spices which I don't think these cooks know the name of. Until then, they should remove, "Authentic Mexican Cuisine" from the sign. Heck, their food could not even pass for decent TexMex. As far as taste goes, Taco Bell has this restaurant beat ten ways to Sunday.

Pros: Decor, Chips

Cons: Everything else