“Local Chinese Restaurant with Coastal Flavor”
Review of Sunrise

Sunrise
Ranked #112 of 275 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Sunrise is a local Chinese restaurant, so don't think chain. They have a typical interior decorated as you would find most small family owned Chinese restaurants. Nothing to write home about, but I was not there to gawk at the decorations, I want some good Chinese food. I had heard from the locals that this place was good, so we tried it as a family.

The food was excellent. I don't think I have ever tasted lo mein noodles that was so silky in texture. They were the best I have ever had. The fried rice was extremely good and tasted more like you would find in San Fransico than anywhere in Texas. Perhaps New York you could find this flavor too, but not locally.

The veggies were all fresh and snapped when you bit them. The meats where all delicious and tasted. Even the kids, who are pretty picky eaters, loved this place and asked when were coming back. They even said zài jiàn to the manager/owner when we left. His eyes got all big along with his smile as my young boys said good bye to him in HIS language. He was very surpised and really enjoyed it.

We will now call this restaurant one of our regular eats here in Abilene.

1  Thank Doctrknow

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The food was very reasonably priced, good amount, and tasty. The manager was so kind--what I ordered wasn't the best I have had, but my husband's was very good. We will definitely go back because the waitress and the manager were so nice and the price excellent!

Reviewed 16 November 2012

This used to be the Echo's Restaurant, now renamed and under new owners. For those of you in Abilene that remember China Garden, the Lemon Chicken here is very similar and very good. Crispy light batter and a thin, sweet, lemony sauce. Hot and Sour soup was good, too. Lower lunch price specials than Szechuan Restaurant, although Szechuan continues to be my favorite. These people at Sunrise are just getting started, so expect a little longer wait times for menus, ordering, tea refills, and ticket. My son had the General Tso's chicken and liked it almost as much as that of Szechuan Restaurant. Food was served hot and fresh. No buffet staleness or sogginess!

Been to Sunrise? Share your experiences!