“Great Food”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Abi-Haus is a small place with a pub atmosphere and great food. The only downside is that it is small and therefore the wait is usually very long. They do have the capability to text you when your table is ready so you can go take care of other things while you wait. I especially like the different micro brewed beers they have.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We were in Abilene visiting friends in the middle of a sleet and ice storm. Not conducive to site-seeing although we did enjoy several hours at Frontier Texas. When we got hungry we stopped here and had an amazing lunch. It was such a great surprise; this is a funky little spot that produces fantastic food. I had chicken and rice and enjoyed it to the last drop on my plate. My husband had a salmon BLT that was flavorful and nicely presented. They have a great draft beer and wine selection and a nice variety of local vegetable dishes and creative sides and desserts. I wish we had more time so we could have gone back for dinner. This was a great counterpoint to dinner at Perini Ranch the night before. That was also good but very heavy with lots of meat and creamy sides. This was a perfect meal; light but full of flavor. I was really impressed and wish them continued good luck. We will go back next time we are anywhere near Abilene!!!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

This diner was recommended to us by the staff at Perini Ranch Steakhouse as we were looking for something different from the chain restaurants during our weekend away. The burger was highly recommended and did not disappoint. I like mine well done and that's hard to get without being dry, sometimes. My husband likes his rare and we were both happy with how they turned out. They fresh grind their beef, so no pre-made patties. Homemade ketchup was a real treat and they make their own mayo. I didn't have them but understand their pickles make you want to trade your first-born. I just forgot to ask for them. It's an eclectic group that gathers here, but someone sitting next to us recommended a "Dark and Stormy", a drink of liquers, citrus and ginseng beer. The recommendation was spot on and I recommend that you have one of these on your visit. My husband doesn't drink, but was pleased with the flavors in this mixture. If we lived closer, this would be our "new favorite restaurant".

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Our family of four adults enjoyed dinner at Abi-haus for the first time. We have eaten here several times at lunch and have never been disappointed. I had pecan crusted duck breast in bacon Demi-glaus sauce. Excellent! The rest of the fam had Black Angus steak burgers. All we pleased. Cinnebun bread pudding was a hit with all. Service was outstanding. Our only complaints were the cold temperature of the room due to the fridged draft every time the door opened and the dining room was very loud and at times raucous-not very conducive to conversation. However, we will return.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My girlfriends and I loved this restaurant! We had lunch and all tried something different. The Shrimp and Grits was really yummy, the sandwiches on Focaccia were great (Salmon BLT!) and then we split a decadent piece of cake. Abilene is lucky to have such a cool restaurant! The only challenge is the lack of air conditioning. In the middle of an August day in Abilene was not the time to be without A/C!

Been to Abi-Haus? Share your experiences!