“Not what I expected.”

El Chico Restaurant
Ranked #124 of 279 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Being from San Antonio, we didn't expect great Mexican Food in Abilene, but thought we would try El Chico's. My wife had a grilled chicken salad and I had the beef enchiladas. My wife's salad was large with lots of chicken, but my enchiladas were kind of dry with not much cheese. I didn't care for the seasoning in the meat. The spinach dip with chips was good and the service was quick. I am sure there are better Mexican food restaurants in Abilene. .

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Wasn't expecting such good food and service in a mall, but there it was. I ordered a chicken dish which came with fresh grilled vegetables (not the usual soggy squash) which included green beans, mushrooms, onions, carrots...

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We are visiting from Florida and wanted to find a great Mexican restaurant. We found it. Chimichanga, taco salad, tea and apple pie were fantastic. Staff pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were seated by the hostess and it took more than ten minutes for a server to acknowledge us and that's after I got her attention. Servers had walked right by us no less than six times and the guy who ended up being our server actually waited on the table right next to us and refilled their drinks. The food was good and affordable averaging about $10 each for a meal.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Service was Excellent! Very friendly staff! Food was delicious! Got the sour cream chicken enchiladas and they were seasoned to perfection! Cesar the General Manager came by our table to say hello and see how we were doing! Great dining experience!

Been to El Chico Restaurant? Share your experiences!