“Prepare to get walked in on” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall

Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Dallas, Texas
“Prepare to get walked in on”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I travel quite frequently for business and I usually stay at a Holiday Inn brand hotel. I can honestly say this is one of the worse ones I have stayed at. This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this location. Let's start off with the smell. The 2nd floor (which I stayed on both times) smells bad. It is very musky and annoying. Its only that way in the hallways...rooms smell ok. Also, during my last stay, I was walked in on 3 separate times and NOT by housekeeping. Once was literally minutes after I checked in, another was by a random employee the next morning, and the third was by maintenance. Sure they knocked, but they didn't wait long for a response before barging in. Also on my first visit they had no printer to print out invoices. They may be small things, but it seems like there's always something. As an IHG gold elite member, I am disappointed in this hotel and will chose the location on the other side of town even though it's a longer drive.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Rick M,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Gold Elite Member and writing us a review. We are sincerely sorry that this stay was a disappointment on several aspects. We have sent you a private message to discuss.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Spring
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed a couple of times there. This time the parking lot lights were all out Rey dark in parking lot in front. Bed and pillows very firm not real comfortable. The breakfast was cold and tasteless, was very bad. Now the front desk clerk was very nice and helpful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Merle H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Palestine, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have stayed here before and it has always been a good experience. The rooms have always been clean. During the summer the pool area is nice and has a Jacuzzi. The hotel front is hidden by a Denny's and other business' but access from Clack is good. Will continuing staying here as long as I can get a deal.

Room Tip: If staying in a suite, try and ask for the ones above the breakfast area on second and third floor o...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Windham, Maine, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

My stepfather is a platinum rewards member so he booked the room for us with his points. As we are traveling it wasn't a long stay. We got in and checked in, and usually rewards members get goodie/welcome bags. We didn't get any and we went up to our room. It was a nice two bed room but for some reason there was not a fan in the bathroom and the shower curtain was short so the water leaked everywhere in the bathroom. The AC unit had dust all in it and in the morning I woke up stuffy and felt like a cold was coming on. Breakfast was very good! Nice hotel but not as nice as some other ones!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Prmindr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We value your step father as a IHG Rewards Club Platinum member, and hope you will allow us another opportunity to showcase the outstanding services provided by our team.

Regards,
Par Minder Singh
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband is a platinum Holiday Inn travler. I booked this through the 800 number and asked if it was a suite like Embassy Suites. We were staying with our father for one night and wanted the privacy. I was told tit wass a suite. Upon checking in the front desk attendant said something like there's 3 of you in this suite? Once we got to the suite I was shocked to see one room. I went down to the front desk to check if we got the right room and she said that was the suite and they get the comment a lot. I told her about my conversation with reservations and she just said we were not the first. Went back to the room and got the bed ready for my dad. There was a pee stain on the mattress. It was late and we just wanted to go to sleep. Getting ready in the morning there is no ventilation fan in the bathroom. Picture Abliene where it rained the night before and the humidity in that bathroom. Why would you not have a fan? Went down to breakfast and talked to the manager . She listened and gave a half hearted sorry. Went to breakfast and made 2 pancakes. While they were cooking I went to get a cup of coffee. Went to go get my pancakes and the breakfast attendant accused me of taking another guests pancakes. He looked at her and said no they were mine. It was the way she spoke. Like I was stealing his pancakes, and she was the pancake police, I was uncomfortable for the rest of breakfast. We will travel to Abilene again and we will not stay here. Think before you book. Especially if it's summer and you do not want to sweat after your shower or want a friendly person to take care of you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Prmindr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Please accept my sincere apology for the inconviences you have encountered at our hotel. I will certainly look into each of the points that you have made, and make sure that our team takes steps to correct these issues. We do appreciate your comments, and will use this as an opportunity to improve our services and our facility. Please call me on direct line 325-695-0500 Ext 400 to discuss with you further.

Best Regards,
Parminder Singh
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

We were only at the Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall for a short night but once we arrived I wish we could have stayed longer as there is alot to do in the surrounding area. Obviously there is a mall but there's other stores and lots of restaurants...very nice area in the central part of Abilene. We booked 2 rooms through Hotwire so was very impressed that upon arrival they gave us 2 rooms together. Hotel was beautiful, room was very nice and clean. I thought the beds were good but my husband who has back problems felt they were just average. A/C worked great and quietly.

The only complaint is that I think they need to hire more personnel. We arrived around 10 pm exhausted and we were the third in line. There was only one desk clerk who was very pleasant and quick but it was still a wait because she could only do so much, plus the phone was ringing and she had to pick that up too. The same issue was in the morning. Free breakfast was FANTASTIC!!! Numerous items with REAL eggs and bacon, etc. But there was only one lady trying to keep everything full which was pretty hard as there were quite alot of guests there. She'd fill up the eggs with a full tray and within a minute it was all gone....just alot to expect one person to do.

To me it wasn't so much of an issue that I would not return....very nice hotel, great value.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hurst, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

I recently was in Abilene for work. I usually try to stay in Holiday Inn Express because you usually know what you are getting. This was no exception. The room was nice and clean at a reasonable price. The Front desk staff was very friendly. The breakfast the next morning was good as well. If i ever find myself needing a place to stay in Abilene I will defiantly be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business