“Holiday Inn Quality at GREAT LOCATION” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall

Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Double Oak, Texas
“Holiday Inn Quality at GREAT LOCATION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel was clean. Pool area is really nice, facing west. Rooms were Holiday Inn quality. Extra large refrigerators. We stayed here two night for a baseball showcase. Here's what made the location excellent: Walking distance....Logan's Roadhouse, Denny's, Rosa's Cafe, 7-11, subway, etc. Also, you can be on the freeway either direction in two minutes. 15 minutes max from either McMurry, ACU or Hardin Simmons. On the south side of Abilene, so it's about 10 miles from I-20. However, it's worth it for the location.
Staff was friendly and even left us extra bath towels when we asked. Price was around $119 on our stay. More expensive, probably, than some of the neighboring hotels. But, it's a sure bet compared to the roll the dice. Your mileage may vary as we were here on graduation weekend for Hardin Simmons.

Room Tip: Only one elevator, so if you are an impatient person, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The room was spacious and nice. The parking lot is very small with not much parking around the hotel. Breakfast was just terrible. Everything appeared to be watered down, the juices, the gravy, the eggs; the fresh fruit was very small and old. The breakfast area was very hot, it was cooler outside then in that room. The food was not replenished very often. Not very impressed with the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank princess_lemond
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I travel quite frequently for business and I usually stay at a Holiday Inn brand hotel. I can honestly say this is one of the worse ones I have stayed at. This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this location. Let's start off with the smell. The 2nd floor (which I stayed on both times) smells bad. It is very musky and annoying. Its only that way in the hallways...rooms smell ok. Also, during my last stay, I was walked in on 3 separate times and NOT by housekeeping. Once was literally minutes after I checked in, another was by a random employee the next morning, and the third was by maintenance. Sure they knocked, but they didn't wait long for a response before barging in. Also on my first visit they had no printer to print out invoices. They may be small things, but it seems like there's always something. As an IHG gold elite member, I am disappointed in this hotel and will chose the location on the other side of town even though it's a longer drive.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Rick M,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Gold Elite Member and writing us a review. We are sincerely sorry that this stay was a disappointment on several aspects. We have sent you a private message to discuss.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Spring
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed a couple of times there. This time the parking lot lights were all out Rey dark in parking lot in front. Bed and pillows very firm not real comfortable. The breakfast was cold and tasteless, was very bad. Now the front desk clerk was very nice and helpful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Merle H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Palestine, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have stayed here before and it has always been a good experience. The rooms have always been clean. During the summer the pool area is nice and has a Jacuzzi. The hotel front is hidden by a Denny's and other business' but access from Clack is good. Will continuing staying here as long as I can get a deal.

Room Tip: If staying in a suite, try and ask for the ones above the breakfast area on second and third floor o...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Windham, Maine, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

My stepfather is a platinum rewards member so he booked the room for us with his points. As we are traveling it wasn't a long stay. We got in and checked in, and usually rewards members get goodie/welcome bags. We didn't get any and we went up to our room. It was a nice two bed room but for some reason there was not a fan in the bathroom and the shower curtain was short so the water leaked everywhere in the bathroom. The AC unit had dust all in it and in the morning I woke up stuffy and felt like a cold was coming on. Breakfast was very good! Nice hotel but not as nice as some other ones!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Prmindr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We value your step father as a IHG Rewards Club Platinum member, and hope you will allow us another opportunity to showcase the outstanding services provided by our team.

Regards,
Par Minder Singh
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband is a platinum Holiday Inn travler. I booked this through the 800 number and asked if it was a suite like Embassy Suites. We were staying with our father for one night and wanted the privacy. I was told tit wass a suite. Upon checking in the front desk attendant said something like there's 3 of you in this suite? Once we got to the suite I was shocked to see one room. I went down to the front desk to check if we got the right room and she said that was the suite and they get the comment a lot. I told her about my conversation with reservations and she just said we were not the first. Went back to the room and got the bed ready for my dad. There was a pee stain on the mattress. It was late and we just wanted to go to sleep. Getting ready in the morning there is no ventilation fan in the bathroom. Picture Abliene where it rained the night before and the humidity in that bathroom. Why would you not have a fan? Went down to breakfast and talked to the manager . She listened and gave a half hearted sorry. Went to breakfast and made 2 pancakes. While they were cooking I went to get a cup of coffee. Went to go get my pancakes and the breakfast attendant accused me of taking another guests pancakes. He looked at her and said no they were mine. It was the way she spoke. Like I was stealing his pancakes, and she was the pancake police, I was uncomfortable for the rest of breakfast. We will travel to Abilene again and we will not stay here. Think before you book. Especially if it's summer and you do not want to sweat after your shower or want a friendly person to take care of you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Prmindr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Abilene Mall, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Please accept my sincere apology for the inconviences you have encountered at our hotel. I will certainly look into each of the points that you have made, and make sure that our team takes steps to correct these issues. We do appreciate your comments, and will use this as an opportunity to improve our services and our facility. Please call me on direct line 325-695-0500 Ext 400 to discuss with you further.

Best Regards,