“RUN FAST FROM THIS GHETTO,SCARY,NASTY,DISGUSTING PLACE!”
Review of Civic Plaza Hotel

and 1 more site!
Civic Plaza Hotel
Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We were here for a family celebration on august 12th, 13th left on the 14th! We reserved this hotel threw. omg i cannot believe they represent these kind of hotels. Never will reserve a room from them or this hotel again..As we arrived the area very sketchy them in the lobby was an awful smell and the people or where hanging around the lobby looked homeless and just scary. we were on a budget and arrived exhausted hot from a 6 hour drive. so we stayed we rented two hotels with adjoining rooms. We had seen very seedy characters hanging around. the refrigerator was disgustingly dirty, the bed had stains all along the side of the bed, and all bed linens were stained up as well as pillows! we were a group of 5 and couldn’t afford to lose our money so we stayed. We slept on our own blankets we brought was not enough. the bath tub was repainted with the wrong paint it was very visible and had chipping paint, the toilet roll holder was so far behind you and low to the ground that you could not reach it, the ceiling tiles were falling! we did not have a phone in our room at all, the hairdryer in our room was off the wall, and laying on the counter screws and all and just laying there. Don’t know if it worked. Lights were not working. the only good thing i could say is the ac worked well. Shady area. We were very scared our car would be stolen that we wrote the license plate in anticipation.. one of the regulars said if we wanted to there is a place across the street were we could eat for free if we washed a dish or gave a little bit of donation! omg! i could not believe the types of people they had hanging around the hotel. Needless to say we tried hard to stay away from the hotel. We wanted to swim in the pool to cool off but were scared to possibly get a disease from it. I have plenty more pictures. These pictures if you can see was a very stained bed linens, dirty fridge, etc.no way housekeepers could not see this nasty room.

Room Tip: Run from this room fast, its scary, nasty and the area was very sketchy!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Loredova
rodewayinnabilenetx, Webmaster at Civic Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it was not the pleasant encounter which you had anticipated. I hope your family celebration was a wonderful one.

• Management was approached about the possibility of people hanging around in the lobby who were not guests of our establishment and instructed to look into the matter.

• Housekeeping received additional instruction in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of the repairs you reported as being needed in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to them.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

There are newer reviews for Civic Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Travelled to Abiline for a wedding and stayed at this facility only because it was the accomodation that was arranged for our group. I had read all of the bad reviews and was very nervous about what our stay would be like, but reasoned that since we would not have our own transportation and it couldn't be any worse than sleeping outdoors--which I've done and made do with--we would stay here anyway to take advantage of the low group-rate, the group transport that had been arranged and to be with family and friends. Let's just say that the damning reviews are pretty spot-on. I could list all of the specifics about what was not good while we stayed but certainly don't have the time or space here. It is and was operated like real dump in a "questionable" neighborhood. We felt pretty prepared for what to expect going in and because of that all of the many issues almost made the experience laughable. Being with family/friends and the dirt cheap (Gee, that term seems SO fitting in this instance!)rate made our stay less than horrible, but just barely. I'd have gladly paid twice as much for better accomodations but at least now we'll have some pretty good stories.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jfg29
rodewayinnabilenetx, Webmaster at Civic Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated.

In spite of what you considered negative experiences at our establishment, I hope you had a wonderful time with your family and friends.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

I stayed here with my two teenage daughters and after the hotel overbooked by 11 reservations, they gave us the last room! Upon entering the door was held together by duct tape and would not the lock. The bathroom had lime buildup in the shower, moldy shower curtain, dirty toilet, dirty sink and counter. My children and I refused to take off our shoes, we slept in our clothes, pillows, sheets and comforter where dirty and had BUGS in them!! The T.V. did not work and we had to create a barricade to keep the vagrants out of our room. The front desk was dirty, unorganized and VERY unprofessional!! This is a JOKE of a hotel!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank lsoquinn

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Management and security were notified of the vagrants who tried to enter your room and instructed to see that our valued guests are protected from this sort of thing.

2) Maintenance staff was instructed to see to the proper repair of the door of the room assigned to you and of the television.

3) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

4) The front desk staff received additional training concerning the courteous, respectful, helpful way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

Most disgusting motel ever. Feces left in toilet upon check in, shower dirty with standing water, carpets filthy, wall paper coming off the walls with brown stuff running down the walls. In the room next to mine the guy said he had what he thought was fresh urine and blood on the bed! This was the worst experience ever and the owners are cowards. They would not come out and talk and it was graduation weekend so nothing else in Abilene was available. This was a nightmare, unbelievable. I never thought there were places like this.

Room Tip: Never Stay Here!!!
  • Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Roberta2007

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) The owners were approached about the courteous, respectful, helpful way in which they are expected to treat our valued guests.

Reviewed 28 March 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! The "free full breakfast" is a “bait and switch” lie. We were refused breakfast for 3 of 5 days. We had no useable toilets and no hot water for showers for part of stay. Rooms were dirty. Some amenities were not provided; some did not work. Staff was either incredibly rude or completely indifferent. As of this date, I have not been reimbursed for the items I paid for, but did not receive.
STAY ANYWHERE BUT HERE.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TKelly100

Dear Guest,

1) The breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also were instructed to see to it that all amenities that were to be included in the rooms were there and in proper working order.

3) Maintenance staff was instructed to see that the toilet and hot water in the room assigned to you were in proper working order.

Reviewed 11 March 2011

the room was nice and clean nice employes food was ok but you have to ask for a coupon to get it free or or $1,00 off you have your choice of about 4 things that are free
will stay there next time in abilene

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Here for work for a training,my supervisor reserved the room for me,i am assuming because it is near the place where my training will take place....needless to say i wish i could have found this website with reviews before i made it to abilene....the room is not very clean,the are a few supicious looking people around.there are spider webs in the corners,I would leave & find something else but it simply not in my budget.I do not think i will get much sleep tonight! I wll to worried that someone will break into my car or my room! It is going to be a long night! i would not recommend that any one stay here! it would be ok for maybe oilfield workers or soemthing like that but not anyone else!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank eagleeye_10

Dear Guest,

2) Management and security staff were informed of your report of what you considered suspicious looking people around the property and instructed to see to it that our valued guests are properly protected.