“Easy to find”

Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The location of this hotel is very convenient, right off the highway. Its close enough to the highway for easy access, without a lot of excess road noise. The staff was very friendly when I checked in. I felt the southern hospitality when offered iced tea and cookies upon arrival.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you Kimberlee H for the wonderful compliments about our property and your stay with us! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others traveling to the Abilene area! We are just right off of Interstate 20 at exit 286C. We are a little ways back from the actual highway, so the building between us cancels out a lot of the road noise. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the sweet tea and cookies! We do our best to provide Southern Hospitality for all who enter our doors. Thank you again! We look forward to having you stay with us!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Rooms are not insulated very well. Enjoy hearing your neighbors through the wall. I spend a lot of time in hotels and this room was by far one of the noisiest. I even had my TV on and could still hear them. They weren't yelling either, just normal conversation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Jr K,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. I apologize that you had such a bad experience with noise while you were staying at our hotel. You are correct, some of our rooms were not insulated so well when the hotel was built. We do our best to work with this and try and put our business guests up on the upper floors due to their travel needs being different from family travelers. I apologize that we did not get you in the best place while you were in the Abilene area. Next time you stay with us, I recommend asking for an upper floor if we have it available. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Hampton Inn is a great hotel in Abilene. It is relatively new; has great beds; a good breakfast; and is very clean. It is located with easy access to Interstate 20. The only minor problem we encountered was foot noise from the floor above. It is definitely one of the nicer hotels in Abilene.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Phil A,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us! Thank you for your wonderful compliments about our hotel! I am so glad that you had a wonderful experience with us! I apologize about the noise disturbance you encountered. We do our best to resolve any issues that we are aware of. Someone is always at the front desk to help with any matter that may come up. Thank you again! We look forward to having you back with us!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was our first time at a Hampton Inn. We're HHonors members and decided to try this on the first night of a road trip. We loved it! The room was great as was the service and free breakfast. We would stay here again if in the area, and will now add Hampton Inns to our hotel choices for Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Linda A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you stayed at our Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton and got you off to a great start of your road trip! Thank you for the wonderful compliments about our rooms and the service. We look forward to seeing you soon (maybe on your return trip if you come back the same way)!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The staff could have been a lot more polite and inviting to the hotel. I had to make reservation over the phone to get government rate, this is after the staff member had told me that they didn't give government rate. After calling to make reservation in the area, which was very helpful, asking for government rate, I was giving the hotel address that I just had left. There are several Hotels in that area and I am a member of most of them because my profession keeps me on the road. Hampton is always my first pick. When I return the staff member at the desk act like she was upset that I was given the rate by over the phone reservation. As I was leaving to go to one of the local stores, I could hear her say to the other staff member, "that’s him", and I was clearly the only one in the lobby at that time. After a long drive and it’s late, you really would just like some courtesy and a friendly attitude and respect. Which I did not get!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear David T.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about our property. I apologize for the lack of hospitality and friendliness that you experienced with your reservation. Government rates are something that our owners are very strict with making sure they are being given out properly. Since anyone can book a government rate, it is up to the hotel to verify that the guest is really with the government on government business. This is no excuse for your experience and I sincerely apologize that you did not leave our hotel with a "Wow" experience. I am using your comments as training material for all of our front desk team to make sure that we are providing top notch service and hospitality.

Thank you again and I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with some excellent Southern Hospitality!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Hotel is always well maintained with excellent service. We stay here often and price seems to be climbing but hotel staff do really good job. Really hope that price does not continue to rise as we stay in this area often.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Michael R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your recent stay with us! It was a pleasure to have you here! Our rates fluctuate based on supply and demand of the market for our area. If I am guessing correctly, you stayed with us during one of the local University's Homecoming. This yearly event sells out the entire city and our rooms are sold at a premium rate because of this demand. Hopefully the next time you travel to the Abilene area, we will have our normal rates in effect.

Thank you for your kind words about having a well maintained hotel with excellent service. This is what we strive for and I am glad that we are meeting our goal! We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in there area!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The check in clerk was really friendly and helpful even with the late hour of checking into my room. The room was clean and neat. Bed was quite lumpy. Housekeeping staff could speak English so this was comforting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Sheri R,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your compliments about our staff and the friendliness you experienced even at a late hour. I will make sure your compliments are passed along to the front desk staff as well as our housekeeping department. We look forward to having you stay with us again!