“Cheer meet”

Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had a cheer meet to go to so we booked at this hotel. First of all, we didn't get the room we were told we would get when I spoke to the manager a few days earlier. We were supposed to get a whirlpool tub, but did not. He told us it would have a pullout and a whirlpool tub. So, my other friends who came and go t the whirlpool tub had no pullout sofa, so they were stuck and had kids too with no place to sleep. Then my girls were in the bath and we get a knock at the door that the downstairs people are seeing water coming down. There was a little amount of water on the bathroom tub as expected when children bathe, but that should not be enough to have water seeping down! We saw some cracks in the floor and wondered if that was the problem. We were disappointed about the pool being outside so we told the girls they could order a movie, well it turns out you can't do that either! Then, the next morning, my husband had no hot water for his shower and he was the only one who showered that morning. Needless to say we were very dissatisfied!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear JT S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so sorry about all the issues you encountered while you were staying with us. This is not the representative of the level of service we strive to provide to all our guests. I apologize for the issues and inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to discuss the disappointment of your stay.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The beds are great, very clean, easy to get too, friendly staff, prices are reasonable, excellent hot breakfast. Will be back again if have business in Abilene. 2nd time at this location. Highly recommend it!!!! I don't know what else to say so just filling space to get it to accept my review! Should not have to write a certain amount if you are concise with words..

Dear Roberta D.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We greatly appreciate your compliments about our hotel and our staff. I was not aware of the character restriction on posting a review. But thank you for powering through and getting the review posted. It means a lot to us that you took the time to review your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Excellent hotel and priced right,location on the I-20 easy access to hotel.front desk very helpful in finding a nice restaurant close by. plenty of parking space close to front door. well lighted,easy access to fill up the auto for gas.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Howard L,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you here! Thank you for your wonderful compliments about our property and our location. I glad that we were able to make your travel more comfortable! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We go to Abilene often & have tried many hotels. This is the only place we stay. It's consistently clean & ready, & easy to work with the friendly staff! Their breakfast is good. There is always coffee ready in the lobby. We recently took elderly parents & they were impressed as well.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear MtnCabinGril,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us! Your compliments are just amazing! I am glad that we have continued to be a reliable and clean place for you and your family to stay in Abilene! Thank you again for your wonderful compliments. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Abilene.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This Hampton Inn is the best that I have stayed with. I have stayed in approximately 20-25 Hamptons. The breakfast was superb. The staff was excellent. Access off the highway was great and the hotel was very well lighted. Parking was very good (I had a dog trailer and there were a variety of spaces for this). The bed/pillow were really good and there were different types/thickness of pillows to suit your satisfaction. Cleanliness was also great. The breakfast had more variety than any hotel that I have stayed at that included breakfast as part of the price. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Dennis B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you here while you were in the Abilene area! Thank you for all your wonderful compliments about our hotel. I am blown away by your rave review about your stay with us. We are so blessed to have a wonderful team that made every aspect of your stay so great! We look forward to seeing you when you come in to Abilene next time.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Needed a place for the night because of bad roads, and this place was excellent. The desk clerk had our keys ready to go and put us in a room close to an outside door, which was perfect. Everything was clean, and breakfast was very good. We left by 8:15 am, so didn't get to enjoy other amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Melvin R.,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete a review about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful compliments about your stay with us during the ice storm that we had. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you in location that you preferred most! Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through Abilene.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

It was very nice and clean in the suite and the bed was very comfortable. The couch could have been better but I was only on it for a few hours dealing with work on the internet. I wished the internet would have been easier to connect or had a password given to me at check in.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Christopher G,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a good experience. However, I do want to apologize about your issues connecting to the Internet. We should have provided you the necessary information when you were checking-in. I am speaking with all the front desk associates to highlight the importance of letting everyone know how to log-on to our Internet. Thank you for your patience with us and again for the review!