“Great Clean place”

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Clean place”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This was a repeat stay at this motel. Always clean and friendly. Breakfast is always hot and different and goes til 10 a.m.!!
This particular trip, we stayed on the 3rd floor for 2 nights. The 1st night, we got into our room late (after 10 pm). The room above us was loud with banging/clanging. We didn't do anything that night-it was late and we just wanted to sleep. We didn't get much rest!!
The next night, we were in the room early. We started calling the office at 7 pm! Simply could not believe how loud the people were above us with walking, moving furniture, jumping, etc. After the 3rd call, we asked to move. No rooms were available. They were jumping so hard, the pictures were vibrating on the wall and the top dresser drawer kept opening!
When we checked out and complained, the manager comped the room for us! Even tho it was not something they could control, they did make us; the customer; satisfied. One staff member stated it was a family above us!
The room was very large and had plenty of room to spread out. Separate sink outside bathroom so no waiting when sharing the room. Additional sink/kitchen counter with fridge/micro/coffeemaker was an added bonus.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Roberta D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that you had a noisy family above you that kept you awake at all hours. I am terribly sorry that we did not have the availability to get you moved to a different room. Believe you me, if we had the availability, we would have got you moved. We value our guests and try to make everyone's stay a pleasant experience. I am so glad to hear that we were able to satisfy you with our 100% guarantee policy. I am glad that the king studio suite was a great fit for your needs and being able to use the sink without holding up the restroom itself. Thank you again! We look forward to your next stay with us! Hopefully we can get you on the top floor next time!

~James Moore, Associate General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Gilbert, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Hampton Inn is comfortable and friendly. We left to continue on our trip very early in the morning. They had "to go" breakfast bags for the guests with an apple, water, muffin and breakfast bar. Very much appreciated (along with the fact that the coffee was available any time of the day or night).

Dear Beth B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am so glad that our "breakfast on-the-go bags" were helpful to make your stay pleasant and still enjoy a light breakfast. It really makes my day when I read about guests who take the time to share about the positive service they have received from one of our valued team members! Thank you again! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This Hampton is always clean and the employees are very helpful and friendly. The location is convenient, right off of I-20, and it is quiet. It does fill up quickly when things are going on in town or at one of the many colleges in town.

Dear jkc0521,

It is always great to have guests keep coming back! It is even better when we get a positive review from guests like you who come regularly and spread the good word to others coming into the Abilene area - so thank you! Thank you for your kind words and compliments about our team here at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Abilene I-20! I am so glad that we have been able to provide you a great place to stay. We do fill up very quickly for events going on with the area universities - it makes it very important to call and make a reservation ahead or else we may not have a room for you. Thank you again!

Midlothian, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was one of the cleanest and friendliest Hampton Inn's I have stayed at. We arrived a little early and they went ahead and gave us another room that was available before ours was ready. The front desk was very helpful in giving me directions and didn't act putout like some hotels I have stayed at. The next morning all the staff members I encountered said "Good Morning" and all appeared to actually mean it. It was a very enjoyable stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear David B,

Thank you for such a great review about your recent stay with us! I am so pleased that our team here at the Hampton Inn & Suites was able to accommodate your needs and get you checked-in a little bit earlier than usual. We do our best to take care of our guests on a regular basis and I am thrilled that our continuous efforts paid off with your stay! We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you travel to Abilene! We love having you here!

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here the last two buisness trips. Most comfortable bed in town. This time got put in a king suite.HUGE...almost feel guilty it is just me...almost :) great customer service best free breakfast I've had. Highly reccomend!

• Stayed August 2014
abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Kelly G,

Thank you so much for your rave review! I am so glad that you have enjoyed our king studio suites so much! I am glad that it is just almost enough to make a person feel guilty, but not entirely! I am flattered at the compliments about our breakfast and customer service. It really speaks volumes about the great team that we have here! Thank you again! We look forward to having you continue to stay with us on your business trips to Abilene!

Norman, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Made a two day road trip to Abilene as we had lived there a number of years ago. Staff helpful and friendly; helped us locate a historical site (Fort Phantom Hill) that we wanted to see. Room was easily accessible, clean, quiet.

Dear Jerry S,

We are so happy that you choose to stay with us while coming back to visit Abilene. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our property and the great team that we have here! I am glad that we were able to provide you with great direction to Fort Phantom Hill just a few miles north of us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit back to the Abilene area!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stopped for the night while driving across I-20. Great facilities, attentive staff, and very comfortable and quiet rooms. Parking for HH members. Breakfast was the usual Hampton fare; but was served right. Will stay here again.

Dear Cyclist08,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us! I am so pleased that you had a great experience while traveling through Abilene on I-20. I happy that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities and enjoyed breakfast so well! We are excited to have the Diamond Hilton Honors reserved parking spaces. Unfortunately, once they are occupied, they are occupied! So make sure to check-in early!

We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel I-20 through Abilene!

~James Moore Associate General Manager