“Very nice Hampton”

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Evergreen, Colorado
“Very nice Hampton”
Reviewed 25 December 2010

This Hampton was nicer than most I've stayed in and I'm assuming it's not very old. I didn't get in until about 8pm so I did not spend a whole lot of time there, but the desk clerk was helpful with directions, etc and gave me a very nice room (King Study Suite?) The drive to the aiport was only about 10 minutes. Also, I was on the 3rd floor and had no issues with the high speed wireless, so I can confirm they apparently resolved any prior issues.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Nice hotel. However, the wireless system does not work in the rooms. Even hotel management admits that due to the cement walls their wireless internet does not connect well or at all. Go to the Marriott.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
I am very sorry that the wireless internet was not working when you stayed at our property in March. As operations manager, I understand how frustrating it may be to not be able to get your work done while traveling. In September we completely replaced our wireless internet system to overcome and remove this issue.

If there is anything else I can do to make your stay here better, please call me at 325-673-4400. I would be happy to make a reservation for you. Again, thank you for your feedback and I apologize the internet was not working on your last visit. Please consider giving us another try now at the Hampton Inn & Suites I-20.

James, Operations Manager
Fort Worth
Reviewed 30 November 2009

This hotel is a great hotel and has a wonderful staff and this staff is always willing to work with you absolutlely outstanding,

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Merkel
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We hosted our fall meeting of the Suez Shriners in Abilene Texas this year and stayed Oct 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the Hampton Inn & Suites on I-20 and FM 600. The rates were fantastic for a hotel of this quality and the staff, Dave, Justin and Chrissy were all that we could ask for. We did have one guest that had their reservation unexplainedly cancelled but everything else was terrific. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to have a convention or just to spend the night in Abilene !

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 28 August 2009

I stay at Hampton Inn's all the time and think this is one of the better one's. Clean, quiet, fridge, microwave, nice decor, comfortable bed, huge walk-in tile shower (room for you AND your friends).

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2009

I'm still very angry with this hotel for one reason: We booked a "suite", which most travelers associate with a living room and a separate bedroom. Their website is very vague about the description for the suite, and now I know why: it isn't a suite. It's a single room. A few feet away from the bed is a coffee table and a sofa. Between the sofa and the front door is an area with a fridge, sink, and microwave. One room. I booked a suite specifically because we were traveling with our infant son, and sleeping in the same room with him made for a LOOONNGGG night. I didn't have a problem with the rest of the hotel, except I would expect to pay less than $100 for a room in Abilene, TX. Two nights later we stayed in a luxurious suite in Tucson for $110, and the experience was at least worth twice the price of the Abilene Hampton Inn. Ice machine was broken (isn't it always?), but they let me use the ice machine in the kitchen downstairs. Staff was fine, which is usually true of Hampton Inns. Everything seemed clean, again usually the case with Hampton Inns. Didn't eat breakfast or use the internet - this was just a stopover on a road trip. We crashed & left. Not a lot around the hotel except other hotels, gas stations and a few restaurant (no fast food in the immediate area). Abilene, if you don't know, is an awful place, not worth staying in unless you have no choice.
Summary: Really angry at what I consider false advertising. Hampton Inn knows what it's saying when they say "suite" - they know what travelers are expecting, and my suspicion is they are being deceitful on purpose. Otherwise it's an adequate place to spend the night, but I would not recommend this place to friends or family.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank maastrichtian
Honolulu
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Due to a freezing rain/icy roads we were forced abandon our drive on I-20 to look for a hotel in Abilene. Being a member of Hilton HHonors we called them for the closest Hilton properties. The easiest to get to was the Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene. It is right off the I-20 (exit 286C). Being a Hilton HHonors member (and due to some other cancelations) we were upgraded to a suite with a whirlpool. Very helpful staff, nice accomodations, clean room, nice breakfast. The consistency amongst the Hampton Inns we have stayed at was evident here. Would definitely stay here again.

We usually look for local restaurants to get a flavor of the place. So the only potential "negative" was the limited choices for restaurants nearby (Denny's, Cracker Barrel, Chili's), although the food at each of them was good enough (as expected from a chain restaurant). Maybe next time the weather is nicer and it is easier to venture out.

• Liked — Easy access, friendly, heloful staff, great room
  • Disliked — lack of choice for nearby local eating
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank WeLuvFood