“late night snack” 3 of 5 bubbles

Denny's
Ranked #123 of 260 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“late night snack”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Denny's was on same parking lot as La Quinta hotel. The staff was great. We were able to eat cheap very convient

Visited August 2014

Houston, Texas
“Tired, Dirty Restaurant. Repulsive. (sorry Denny's, sad but true)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The wait staff was friendly. Don't go here, it's NOT a good place to eat. It's very unkempt and unclean. I am surprised the Denny's chain allows a place as repulsive as this to stay open. Food was terrible. Was overcharged, $5 for my meal and when I told the waitress it was the wrong price, she said she had to talk to the manager. The manager "adjusted" the price down $2. duhhhh....., I was overcharged $5 and they took $2 off?? I just paid and left.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Don't eat here ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Our food was cold service sucked I had to send food back 2different times still did not get the order right I ended up not eating eat only the bacon the manager's name is Carol the waitress name was Amanda she came and took the food off the table I told her I would not pay you for the food only paper the bacon that I eat she said she was going to talk to the manager which I had already spoke with she came back with a grin on her face like the ticket on the table and i was charged for all the food even what I didn't eat asked to speak to the manager she was too scared to come out of the kitchen explained the girl that I would not pay for the food that I did not eat she went back to talk to the manager in the kitchen Hiding when she came back as she said the manager said I have to pay i ask them to call the police Amanda went back to the kitchen tell the manager what I said and the manager told her to call 911 I ask Amanda why are you calling 911 she said the manager told her to we were not irrational Nor screaming and hollering I don't feel that it's right to pay for food that you don't eat the police came talked with all of us and stated this was a civil matter but if we want out the door and I didn't pay for the food I would go to jail what a joke, abilene Texas is I will be calling corporate office in the morning don't eat there unless you're willing to eat nasty food that is not cooked the way u wanted I will never enter the door again they should shut this down this restaurant sucks and so does the manager and so does Amanda

Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Good value.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Typical Denny's. They do much better at breakfast. Service was friendly and fast. However, we had a new waitress and she rang up the order incorrectly , so the eggs were cooked wrong on one order and she rang up the full meal on the other order instead of the appetizer so we got charged for two full meals. They adjusted it, but it was still not correct. She should have asked someone before she just started punching buttons.

Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Saint Georges, Canada
“Good food but service questionable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We were staying at the Best Western in Abilene and went for dinner at Deny's. Good news, they now have beer and wine service. Server was very friendly but got mixed up in the bill as we paid for four beers and we had ordered only two. I only found out the next day verifying bill.

• Visited April 2014