“Highly recommended - very clean and dog friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Abilene

Days Inn Abilene
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Tyler Texas USA
“Highly recommended - very clean and dog friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

This was the best value of all the hotels where we stayed on our recent road trips through Texas, Arizona and New Mexico. In total we stayed in hotels for 17 nights in the past 3 months, and this hotel was our unanimous favorite. We got the best night's sleep here out of all the places we stayed.

The hotel is very clean, is in a safe area, and is quiet. It is five miles off the interstate, and well worth the drive to be in such a clean, safe and quiet area. It is also a good spot if you need to eat or do a little shopping, because within a few blocks are Starbucks and several chain restaurants, Lowes, and a mall.

The staff was professional in their demeanor. Breakfast included DIY waffles. Everything in the breakfast area was CLEAN and the young man who was on duty kept it well stocked. There is also a coffee maker in the room, which we did not use.

In the room, the carpet appeared to be new and clean. The mattress was comfortable and felt new, and had a pad on top, which seemed to be in a hypoallergenic cover. I am allergic to dust mites and had no problems in this hotel. My husband is highly allergic to mold, and he also felt healthy in this hotel.

We traveled with another family member, and all 3 of us were able to get showers with plenty of hot water and good water pressure on the 2nd floor.

Also travelling with us was our 85 lb dog, which was not an issue at this hotel.

We were pulling a trailer, and had plenty of room to park.

For future trips, I will plan our itinerary, whenever I can, for a stop in Abilene to get a good nights sleep at this hotel .

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

Having traveled to the hot spot of Abilene on a few occasions, I found this hotel to be one of the best, dollar for dollar, in Abilene. There are most of the big named hotels, but for $76 (or less) you can beat it.
THe parking lot is usually sparslely filled with cars so don't let that steer you away.
If price shopping, hold your grouns and you'll get your price. I've gotten $60 on weekends, depending on who is working.
Breakfast isn't like the Borgatta, but more than enough to start the day.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

Reserved it sight unseen (didn't have time to do the Tripadvisor research on this one) , drove up and I thought "hmmm not too good". BUT- I asked to see the room first and it was recently (this past year) renovated and is very nice. Good stay, didn't check out the breakfast but the lobby was clean so I am guessing the breakfast might be okay there.

Very good hotel at a good price.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenniemar
Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

i got to the hotel it was nice clean. but they make you feel like your a criminal.
i was going to pay cash and not by credit card . i had to pay for my plus make a $50 deposit that i got back if when i checked out and i quote noting had been stolen. i though oh good the room is made of gold boy was i disappointed when i got to the room no gold it was a let down i had the same things in my house. and then when i checked out oh yeah they did check the room while i stood at the desk and waited made me feel like a criminal. and i have never been in trouble before but you would have thougt i robbed every bank in town. so if you pay cash you are a crimnal if you have a credit card your not. it was i nice clean room but i will never stay there again becasue of how they make you feel if you pay cash.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
purselamplady
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

This was a great room. I booked online and got a handicapped room. I found it to be exactly what I needed, and was larger than a smaller room would be. The handicapped parking space was directly in front of the room, which I was rather surprised at, but it certainly did make a difference to me.

The only thing I didn't particularly care for was the pillows. They looked like they'd been through a war. They were too small for a queen-sized bed and when I asked for two more I had to go pick them up from the front desk because they wouldln't bring them to us. I consider that lousy customer service. Everything else was great, though.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Parker, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2008

I had the opportunity to stay at the Best Western South in Feb. 2008. While it was not the Ritz, it was clean and quiet.

Finding quality in Abilene can be tricky, and this trip was no different. Since this was a last minute excursion, all of my usual hotels were full on the north side, close to Hardin-Simmons University. The great part of Abilene is that nothing is more than 15 minutes away! With this in mind, I decided it wasn't too far to stay on the south side.

I was quoted a great rate by calling the hotel directly. The staff was extremely friendly, and the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast consisted of the normal quick food, but all was fresh and edible. Like I said, it isn't the Ritz (I do love the Ritz), but as a very "hard-to-please" clean freak, this hotel offered me all I needed. Plus, the pizza restaurant across the parking lot was terrific!!!!!!

I will definitely stay here in the future!

• Liked — Clean
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Mrsdillpickle
nw suburbs, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2008

Very clean hotel, appears to be well maintained. Fresh breakfast items. Staff very helpful with problems. Our laptop did not have wireless capability, they had a cable available for our use to connect to wall port. Numerous ammenities (Target,movie theatre, several eateries) located adjacently....within steps! Mall was visible and accessible by short drive. Great place, highly recommend.

Stayed March 2008