“Consistent quality”

Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Evansville, United States
“Consistent quality”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I always try to stay at the hotels that give me consistent, quality customer service and Comfort Suites University does that. The front desk personnel is always easy to talk to and with, no matter the time of the day or night. They recognize me when I come in, even after several weeks of being away.
I like the suites, beds are comfortable, and with the roll out desks, I have plenty of room to set up and work with my laptop, printer, and various folders and files that I use.
The location is convenient to downtown Abilene plus there is a Walmart, multiple chain restaurants, and other shopping areas.
It's a good place to stay.
#316924474

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
ComSuiUni, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you and I will be sure to share these wonderful comments will all our team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Everyone who works there is very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, roomy and comfortable. I stay there 2-3 times per year and have always been pleased. with my room and with the personnel. I enjoy the pool and work out room. Convenient and clean.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your comments and will continue to provide you with excellent service
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Check in was quick. The room was clean. We even got in the hot tub and it was great. The pool towels could be a little bigger, but that seems a little nick-picky. Overall, great value for the price and provides a relaxing stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We just stayed one night, but this will be our choice from now on for visiting ACU. Room was large, clean, modern and comfortable. Front desk clerk was helpful and actually tried to accommodate my on-line request for a quiet room by putting us on the top floor at the back of the building. Most of the time, this request appears to be ignored, so I was impressed. AAA rate was better than at similar nearby hotels. Breakfast was well above average, but I wish they had a crock of fresh oatmeal rather than instant. That would have put them over the top with a hot healthy breakfast option (hint, hint).

Because it is located on a one-way frontage road to I-20, it is kind of hard to get to except from the east. They should put up some signage to mark the access road from the rear of the property--which is the only way to get to it from other directions. We guessed wrong the first time and had to go back to the main road and try again.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms in the back are the quietest (away from I-20 and no one above).
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
thank you for your wonderful comments
Shallowater, Texas, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were looking for a place close to Spring Valley MX in Clyde, TX and this was perfect. It had an indoor pool and hot tub which was great for relaxing after racing all day. It was clean, the staff was friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The price was exactly what I would expect for this type of hotel and even though they looked completely booked, the price wasn't raised due to the lack of availability - it was the standard rate I have seen on other weekends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
thank you for your comments and we will continue to work hard to make your stays pleasant with us
Dayton, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My family and I went to check out ACU and stayed at the Comfort Suites University Hotel. We stayed in room 223, and it was very nice . The house cleaning staff was very nice and so was Mack, the guy that worked in the kitchen. The other staff members, really acted as if they really didn't want to speak to us or help us. Thank you Mack for all your help, you made our stay enjoyable. confirmation:302783735

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We were travelling cross country from NC to AZ with four nightly stays in Choice Hotels... this is the only one worthy of an excellent review. From the check-in to check-out it was FIRST CLASS. I needed a handicap room following hip surgery... and it couldn't have been any nicer or more accommodating for what I needed. Lots of room!! Clean!! The entire facility was so pleasant... Large breakfast room, with more than an adequate meal and serving staff.
We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND planning your stop at this Comfort Suites. We definitely plan to stop there again.
Our confirmation number was ACCT. 311368664

Room Tip: Be specific about your needs when you book your reservation.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ComSuiUni, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you so much for such a nice review I will be sure to pass on these wonderful comments to everyone in out team.
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again