Comfort Suites University
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We came for a college visit at ACU and stayed here because it is about half a mile away from campus and near restaurants within walking distance (great country style cooking at Cracker Barrel). This is not a luxurious hotel but it is comfortable, the suite (we got one w 2 queen beds) was very nice size and had a small sitting area. While the hotel is aging, it is well maintained and our room was very clean w comfortable bedding and a window unit for heat and a/c which we could not turn off (it adjusted well to tempearture but the fan would not turn off) but we realized it was a blessing in disguise because it blocked the noise from the highway we faced so it made for some adjusting during the night but all in all it was a good stay. In the morning we were expecting rubber eggs, toast n watered down coffee...but alas! What a nice surprise to have a good array of fruit, tasty scrambled eggs, bacon, pastries, cereal, nice coffee and even a belgian waffle maker. The breakfast room is spacious and had a tv screen with the news program on. The lady in charge of the breakfast area was super kind and kept servicing everything to make sure all went smoothly.
The front desk staff were very efficient and courteous. -- The only thing was that this is NOT A PET FRIENDLY hotel (reason why we gave it 4 instead of 5 marks) - when we inquired about it we were given some explanation about some people having pet allergies and that it is liability to the hotel...well, we have stayed at far nicer venues and we enjoy the trend of being able to bring our small pet along. My thought was, then have pet friendly rooms allocated on a different floor. I do not mind paying the small charge (usually $25 for the whole stay) and having to bring a crate to house the dog so housekeeping can do their job without having to be concerned about the pet in the room. -- Despite that fact, we would stay here again. Recommend it to families visiting ACU.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ComSuiUni, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments and it is unfortunate that we do not accept pets as we are all dog and cat lovers at the hotel.
We appreciate your business and thank you for selecting us for your future stays.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times, but on this particular weekend, it was completely full due to major area activities. Not everything went perfect for us at the hotel such as the cleaning crew did not leave toiletries in our room, but I can understand things like this happening when they are pushed to their maximum capacity. What impressed me, however, is the responsiveness of the front desk to more than compensate for any little inconvenience and respond quickly, politely, and professionally to resolve any problem. One cannot expect perfection, but good customer service is to be applauded here especially when every staff member had to be stressed to their maximum.
I have also stayed at some Choice hotels, in other cities where even though the hotel was not full, every morning the coffee pots were empty, and the breakfast was not serviced with food. on this busy weekend, there were extra pots of coffee, and the food never ran out even when the dining area was packed with not seats left.
That is why I keep coming back to this hotel.
#270788732

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ComSuiUni, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments and I will be sure to share them with the team at Comfort Suites University, we appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next visit

Reviewed 14 February 2014

the Comfort Suites is in an area of Abilene, right off of the highway, with many other hotels. I'm sure the others are nice but the Comfort Suites has big rooms with seating areas, friendly staff, and is significantly less expensive than the others.
Confirmation # 322791291

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments, and hope to see you again on your travels

Reviewed 5 February 2014

After my first stay at Comfort Suites University last summer, I knew that when I returned with my family we would be staying there. The service is courteous, welcoming, friendly, and quick. The breakfast was filling. The rooms are clean, and the hotel is convenient to ACU, Walmart, restaurants, and I-20. We enjoyed time in the clean pool area as well. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ComSuiUni, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments and we are so happy that you chose to stay with us again this year.
we hope to see you and your family again

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The Whole Gang Of Us Which Consists Of My Family rolled in rather late , how ever we were checked in speedily and greeted respectively.Apon entry to our room wich was on the top floor another thing i love , extra exercise up and down the stairs and closer to God.This room was very spacious i mean big !

Room Tip: Call ahead and if you have children with you make shure the pool and spa are in full operation
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments and we are always here to help

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I always try to stay at the hotels that give me consistent, quality customer service and Comfort Suites University does that. The front desk personnel is always easy to talk to and with, no matter the time of the day or night. They recognize me when I come in, even after several weeks of being away.
I like the suites, beds are comfortable, and with the roll out desks, I have plenty of room to set up and work with my laptop, printer, and various folders and files that I use.
The location is convenient to downtown Abilene plus there is a Walmart, multiple chain restaurants, and other shopping areas.
It's a good place to stay.
#316924474

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you and I will be sure to share these wonderful comments will all our team

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Everyone who works there is very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, roomy and comfortable. I stay there 2-3 times per year and have always been pleased. with my room and with the personnel. I enjoy the pool and work out room. Convenient and clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your comments and will continue to provide you with excellent service