“Big Big Space Very lttle coin.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #35 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 12 December 2012

For all large families seeking a huge room ( 400 sq ft) with two queens, gathering area with couch coffee table, large t.v. plus writing desk plenty of storage and large closet. IN west Texas head to this motel in Abilene. Just off HWY 20. Bare bones breakfast but included. I stayed there four nights for a Thanksgiving family reunion and couldn't be more pleased. Rate was well under $70.00 per night including all fees. Large quiet rooms, water hot, t.v. worked fine. Now for the negative. Never in all my 73+ years have I encountered a staff more helpless. From time to check-in until check out you are basically on your own. The staff never spent time behind the cusutomer counter but always hidden behind the wall. One morning I needed some assistance and after ringing the bell for a few minutes a lady came out in her bathrobe It was 11 a.m. Beakfast features no juice but a 7/11 within walking distance filled the bill in the room frige. For travelors not needing the space. I would look further.

Room Tip: If needed be sure to ask for a super room. It is just great to strecthing out after a long days dri...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
jagruti11, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return soon, our rooms are very spacious and I am happy to see that they made your stay a pleasant one.

Best Regards

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I really screwed up by booknig this dump online. When we arrived, "RAINMAN" the maintenance guy was running the front desk. He tried to help, but was very confused about how to check us in. We paid cash and he finally got a key card to me and we went to the room only to find my key would not work (tried 8 times). Went back up front and he said let him go try. 3 used cards later, we got the lid open on the trash can. What a smell, a cross between mold and dog urine. The floors were filthy, carpet was sticky and when we turned the heat on, the smell was magnified. Bathroom had stains all over, the walls looked like blood were on them. My wife had a look on her face like I never seen. We only walked in this dump for one minute. I walked back up front to get my money back and Rainman went into panic mode and called "Rajh" the owner. He put me on the phone with Rajh and I was told " you pay for room and we no refund money", I told him we had not touched anything and he said "I no care, no refund, you stay or you go, no refund" Rainman even tried to tell Rajh we didn't touch anything. What a shame for Abilene to have such a dump in their city. We went down the road to Comfort Inn and it was wonderful.

Room Tip: Do not waste your time, I would not let my dog stay there.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Terry P

I am so sorry to see that you had this issue at the hotel during your Check inn, I have talked to my staff, and have put a plan into place that will make certain that no one ever has to go through these issues again.

Wishing You Safe Travels

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Old room. Bed was not comfortable. Free breakfast was a joke of stale bread, spoiled milk, with stale cereal. It was right by I-20 which made it difficult to sleep through the night because of all the traffic. Would not stay here again, even if it is one of the cheapest hotels in Abilene.

The clerk of the hotel was very friendly which makes me sad that he has to manage such a dump.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mpdarby

Good day I have read your review and wanted to let you know that all of the issues that you described have been resolved, and I hope that you return soon so that you may experience the best experience that a hotel in Abilene has to offer.

Regards

Reviewed 22 August 2012

The bed was completely uncomfortable to the point of painful. We will not stay there again. The we're no pluses to any part of our stay other than the clerk at check in was very friendly. The room itself was barely cleaned but the clerk did promise that we would not be bothered by the other guests. Overall, this was not a pleasant stay and at previous America's Best Value stays have been acceptable. This one was not up to previously experienced standards. The rates were not cheap either which you would expect for a lower quality room. If we had not been so exhausted and picking the first motel we saw, we definitely would have gone further up the road for better choices. . . .

Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank LauraP232

Hello, I want to thank you for your honest feedback, and would like to let you know that I have resolved all of the issues that you described and I hope that you return soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 13 August 2012

As far as cost are concerned you can't complain too much. However, cheap should not mean dirty, it wasn't a good idea to walk around barefoot in the room unless you wanted black dirty feet as the carpet was filthy.The rest of the room was was ok but it was quite dated and badly in need of some updating and modernising. Grounds ill kept. The hotel boasted a ice machine but that was the limit of its amenities. Manager of hotel pleasant and helpful. If you want cheap and nasty it would be OK for one night only. There are a limited choose of eating places within a couple of miles of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Nasty gross stains on the carpet a/c wasnt on didnt work good either never unmade the bed to see what the sheets look like bathroom totally gross shower never looked like its every been clean since they built it front door looked like it was kicked in toilet door had a big hole in it smelled headboard hade bad cus words write on it agued with the guy who rented us the room said he only had that one room left then he wanted to give me another one that was worster than the first never stay there

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Lenap34
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stay this motel in June 7th 2012, great service, nice and clean room affordable rate, I recommend to stay this hotel all the time, breakfast is ok then price, but cleaned room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that you return soon.

Wishing You Very Safe Travels.