“Very pleasant atriums and large rooms.”

MCM Elegante Suites
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Amarillo, Texas
“Very pleasant atriums and large rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed here for a conference. The staff was very polite and helpful. Our suite was clean and updated. Breakfast is generous and fresh, serving also hot foods. Complementary drinks in the evening. Only problems were the coffee dispensers in a cramped place making it hard for guests to access them quickly. Also, the air conditioning in the large meeting room didn't work during the crowded, long meeting, and the sound system and speakers didn't work correctly. However, the staff repaired all of these for the rest of the meetings. Ample parking.

Room Tip: Quiet in atrium farthest south. The central atrium has the pool and some games geared to children.T...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Carthage, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We had great check in and clean room. Has Happy Hour and breakfast. Restaurant was unoccupied so ate elsewhere that evening.Great beds. Had kitchen/bar area and sitting area. Very nice. Will stay again when able

Room Tip: Rooms are inside and all quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night really enjoyed it. Found a good rate through a third party online and was surprised at the value. Free hot breakfast was great. Room layout was neat with separate living area and bedroom. Friendly service! No complaints!

• Stayed April 2013
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. (April 12-13, 2013). We were looking for some place where we could not only be in town for our nephews wedding which was on the 13th but also celebrate our Anniversary which was the 14th.
Hands down the BEST place we have ever stayed for the price! We got far more room than we ever imagined. The layout of the hotel is like no other we have been to. At first I was worried that the "celebration" area outside our room was going to make us request a different room, but turned out not to be an issue at all.
The staff was friendly and polite, breakfast was a far better "continental breakfast" we have ever had anywhere else. The added bonus to staying here was actually being able to purchase their pillows! Seriously! I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to purchase pillows at the hotels I have stayed at but they did not have any for sale.
My husband and I will be staying here again.

Mr. & Mrs. B. May

Room Tip: We stayed in room 268 and if you like to wake up to the smell of bacon, this is the room for you...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I have a son in college in Abilene, so I travel to Abilene about once a month. For the last year, I have stayed at a property near the campus, but just for a change of pace, I decided to try something different. Big mistake.

Wow-- where can I start. To begin with, my son and I sat down to watch TV and we searched for ABC and couldn't find it. The front desk said, "Oh, we don't have ABC." What? Okay-- I can understand if they didn't have the BBC network or something rather obscure, but ABC is one of the 3 major networks. (The hotel I normally stay in carries it, so it isn't that ABC suddenly quit airing in Abilene). The other channels they had were odd-- no TRAVEL channel, etc-- just a handful like A&E, MTC, etc.

Okay, so the rooms all overlook an indoor courtyard that is completely covered in Saltillo tile. The front doors all open onto this courtyard. Want to guess what happens when 50 people are eating breakfast/lunch/dinner in the courtyard/restaurant? The noise is so loud that we literally could hear entire conversations three floors up. No problem, we thought--- we'll just turn up the TV. NOPE! They have the TV sets controlled to where it only gives you 50% volume.

At night, there is a nightclub attached to the hotel and there were a seedy crowd gathered in the parking lot and smoking all around the outside of the property. Our room was near the club, and once the restaurant noise from the indoor courtyard finally stopped, we started hearing the noise from the club.

The carpet is gross and old; the decor is from the 70s; and beds were both the small double beds (as opposed to almost every hotel that has two queens); we didn't get maid service the next day so I had to call down and ask if they had maids at the hotel (though to be fair, they sent one up shortly); and there was obviously some sort of student event going on because there were teenagers running all over the hotel all night.

Despite it being advertised as a two-room 'suite', you couldn't have slept on the pull-out sofa because of the overwhelming noise coming from the courtyard, which never stopped. Also, I guess they take pets because there were dogs barking in the morning at breakfast, which woke us up at 7am.

Hotel is dated, ugly, and very rundown. Oh, did I add that they have the nerve to charge $119 a night? For Abilene? Very disappointing; definitely will not stay there again. The only bright spot is that they have a nice breakfast, to be fair. However, if you want to stay near the mall area, do yourself a favor and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street. If you want to stay near ACU, the Residence Inn and the Comfort Inn University are both great choices, and all three of the latter give ACU discounts, which MCM elegante does not. No worry-- I won't be staying there ever again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TXTRAVELWRITER

Travellers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Pendleton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

This hotel is NOTHING as it seems online! The rugs were old, worn and disgustingly dirty and the furniture is old, sticky and greasy. You go as far as the lobby and it seems very pleasing. But, as you walk the halls to your room, you get a sense of being misled! My son and I checked in at 11pm after a long drive in from Dallas. We checked out at 6am!! I demanded my money back, Its been 3 weeks and it hasn't posted to my account YET! I highly recommend staying at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street. They took me in and gave me a discounted room for my trouble and the breakfast package for free just because they felt bad for me. I didnt expect anything but a clean facility and I got more from the Hilton… DO NOT GO TO THE MCM ELEGANTE SUITES! THERE IS NOTHING ELEGANT ABOUT IT!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Danaroetzer
Kathi H, Public Relations Manager at MCM Elegante Suites, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Hi Dana,

I am a little concerned about your refund not showing up on your account because I show that it was refunded on 3/20/2013. I understand there was confusion on which credit card to post credit to.

As I was researching your stay, I noticed that you shared with the desk clerk, that your son was having an allergic reaction similar to ones that he has experienced at home because of the carpet. I hope that he is doing better. I also noticed that our desk clerk offered to change rooms to try and meet your needs but you preferred to check out instead.

Being a family oriented hotel, we do have a lot of traffic coming and going, so we appreciate when our guests bring their thoughts and suggestions to our attention. Communication is very important in maintaining a successful business. I do hope that you will stop by the next time you are traveling to or through Abilene and see the pleasant changes that we are making here at the MCM Eleganté Suites.

Thank-you for your time and I do hope you will stop by and see us again.

Kathi Hawkins
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I booked a room for one night stay. The clerk was very helpful in booking our room with a king bed. When we arrived the next evening, we were told that we could only get a room in the back, outside of the main hotel with an outside entrance, unless we wanted a smoking room.(What???) I almost left at that moment. I do not want a room in back of the main hotel with an outside entrance. I finally agreed to the room as it was getting late, and fatigue was setting in. When I entered the room, it looked like no one had stayed in it for months. The french type doors opened to the outside, and they would barely close. I had to jiggle the handle and slam the door very hard to get it to close. The room was mostly clean. They had glass- glasses with no covers, (I would not use them anyway). The microwave was broken. The hairdryer was broken. It looked like no one had inspected the room in years. At least,the linens were clean and we stayed our one night. Breakfast was great the next morning as we ordered omelets. The staff were all friendly. I would stay again, if I was inside the hotel, as I believe the outside rooms are not maintained as well as the ones located inside the hotel. When I booked the room, I would insist on an inside room for safety, or stay elsewhere if they would not guarantee me an inside room. This hotel is an old Embassy Suites, so if you are familiar with Embassy hotels, you know the layout of this hotel. It has a great location, just across from the Mall of Abilene and near restaurants.

Room Tip: Be specific about your choice in the type of rooom.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family