“Down hill...but still ok”

MCM Elegante Suites
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 24 September 2006

I have stayed here several times. The hotel keeps going downhill. It's not bad, just not as good as it used to be when Embassy Suites owned it. The looby and common areas continue to be fairly nice, but the rooms have not changed a bit in 15 years! They are clean and somewhat comfortable, but out of date and a little "old" feeling.

Housekeeping came and started cleaning our room before we even checked out.

The complimentary breakfast and free evening drinks are nice...but not worth the price of thye hotel. This would be a great buy if you could get it for about $75 a night.

Stayed: September 2006
5  Thank Tex00006

Reviewed 21 July 2006

We stayed here for six nights because there were four of us. We didn't want to pay for two separate rooms at another hotel.

The hotel was very old and dated. It's been refurbed, but I think it's been a long time since that happened. Our room was not dirty, but yet you got the feeling that there was dust in everything--sofa, chairs, carpets, etc.

Our suite consisted of large bedroom with two queen beds and sink in bedroom. There was a living room with sleeper sofa, round dining table with four chairs, bar area with sink, mini frig, coffee pot and microwave. The towels were sufficiently thick and we had no problems getting extras. The housekeeping staff did a good job. A couple of days I requested that our room be cleaned early and they complied.

The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, sausage/bacon, biscuits, gravy, pastries, cereal, fruit and a different daily special such as pancakes, french toast, etc.

We did not have a terrible experience, but it's never a lot of fun to stay in an outdated hotel with old furniture and furnishings. I would never pay full price for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank 4totravel
A TripAdvisor Member
Crestview, FL
Reviewed 3 July 2006

I reserved a room at the MCM Elegante based on TripAdvisor reviews (which are almost always accurate). I was impressed by the hotel's lobby area; however, the room itself was dirty. At first I thought that housekeeping forgot to clean the room. I alerted the front desk and they assured me that it would be taken care of while I went to dinner. Upon my return one hour later, the front desk informed me that they had sent housekeeping up to my room to resolve the situation. Unfortunately, the exact dirt and hairs remained in the bathroom and on the carpet. Nasty! I immediately returned to the lobby and checked out. They were kiind enough to refund my money. The front desk clerk actually disclosed to me that the hotel had gone down hill in recent months and that she herself would never stay there. She kindly recommended another hotel close by. I ended up staying at the Courtyard next door and was more than pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business