“Lost reservation, awful service and loud!”

MCM Elegante Suites
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 28 December 2006

This hotel who I called directly apparently cancelled my reservation to sell out I made it directly through them and had my confirmation # and the front desk agent said it was their confirmation number but it had been cancelled that afternoon. After hmmming and haing around and after I went to dinner in their restaurant about 2 hours later they found a room for me it was on the first floor at the top of the ramp leading to the pool and all I heard until 12:30AM-1AM was teenagers playing around the pool area and the games. I promptly checked out, the front desk then said they had to charge me one nights room and tax but on no sleep I was in no mood to argue especially after the scene at check in. I did however decline the charges with my credit card company as services were not rendered t my expectations

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank CATrvlr-TRIP

Reviewed 10 December 2006

I stayed here while house hunting in October and stayed in the Honeymoon Suite. It was a beautiful, expansive suite with a kitchenette. The place even has wireless internet. It was lovely and the price was great! Plus the location is really convenient and close to the Mall, Target, Emergency Clinic, etc. The food was very good (breakfast and room service) and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was exceptionally clean.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank austinabace
Reviewed 27 November 2006

My husband and I recently traveled to Abilene for Thanksgiving with my grandmother and stayed for four nights at thishotel (Nov 22-Nov 26). I have stayed before at this hotel during past Thanksgiving visits to Abilene and have experienced a clean room and gracious hospitality.

During this stay, however, we were very disappointed with our stay for the following reasons:

1) Upon returning to our room after our first night, we found that our room smelled strongly as if someone had been smoking in it and there were dirty cleaning rags left on the counter in the kitchen.

2) Our key cards did not work on any of the outside doors and we attempted twice to fix the problem, to no avail. This forced us to walk all around the property trying to find a door that would let us in. We were careful not to de-magnetize the cards and they did work for our room, but not the outside doors.

3) A front desk employee put our name in the airport shuttle book and assured us that there would be transportation available to the airport at 5:15am when we requested. When we double checked the night before to confirm the reservation we were told that there was a shuttle at 5:20am for airline personnel only and that the vehicle could not accommodate two extra persons. When we asked to have a taxi arranged we were told that the taxi company "hated" thishotel and that we would need to talk directly to the cab company.

4) For two consecutive evenings, the hotel bar downstairs played VERY loud music until 1:00am. In fact, the base from the speakers literally shook the mirror and the bed. This music could be heard clearly from our room (#270) and prevented us from getting a good night sleep. After we complained (at midnight), the front desk employee suggested that we move rooms and offered to lower our room rate by $5. We declined to move as we were leaving the next morning at 5am.

Despite these very significant problems that we encountered, we were pleased that the front desk staff did efficiently change out our key cards several times and offered to do what they could to abate the noise. In sum, however, my husband and I felt that our stay did not live up to the standards one would expect at a quality hotel like this.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank sf228
Reviewed 23 November 2006

MCM Elegante Suites is the best hotel in Abilene. The rooms are clean with new mattresses, furniture and also have a nice kitchenette. Breakfast included your choice of a made to order omelet, bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuits with gravy, scrambled eggs, pancakes, cereal, and much more. The fitness gym is small but has great equipment. The treadmill has a decline setting and the elliptical trainer really works you out. The manager’s reception is held every night with free drinks. We loved it so much we added an extra day to our stay.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irene W
Reviewed 6 October 2006

i attended a wekend conference in november 2005 - the rooms are very large with nice furnishings - the rate includes complimentary beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic) from 5 to 7 each evening plus a complimentary made to order breakfast

the conference facilities were nice

there was one problem - when i got to my room, they had plastic sheets on the floor, the furnature was rearranged, and i had to contact the front desk - i turned out that the housekeeping/maintenance people had set up the wrong room for our hospitality suite - they fixed the problem quickly though

if i'm in abilene, i might choose this property again although i could have probably saved money at a motel 6

i am from san antonio, texas

• Stayed: November 2003, travelled solo
2  Thank trinity-tiger
Reviewed 24 September 2006

I have stayed here several times. The hotel keeps going downhill. It's not bad, just not as good as it used to be when Embassy Suites owned it. The looby and common areas continue to be fairly nice, but the rooms have not changed a bit in 15 years! They are clean and somewhat comfortable, but out of date and a little "old" feeling.

Housekeeping came and started cleaning our room before we even checked out.

The complimentary breakfast and free evening drinks are nice...but not worth the price of thye hotel. This would be a great buy if you could get it for about $75 a night.

Stayed: September 2006
5  Thank Tex00006
Reviewed 21 July 2006

We stayed here for six nights because there were four of us. We didn't want to pay for two separate rooms at another hotel.

The hotel was very old and dated. It's been refurbed, but I think it's been a long time since that happened. Our room was not dirty, but yet you got the feeling that there was dust in everything--sofa, chairs, carpets, etc.

Our suite consisted of large bedroom with two queen beds and sink in bedroom. There was a living room with sleeper sofa, round dining table with four chairs, bar area with sink, mini frig, coffee pot and microwave. The towels were sufficiently thick and we had no problems getting extras. The housekeeping staff did a good job. A couple of days I requested that our room be cleaned early and they complied.

The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, sausage/bacon, biscuits, gravy, pastries, cereal, fruit and a different daily special such as pancakes, french toast, etc.

We did not have a terrible experience, but it's never a lot of fun to stay in an outdated hotel with old furniture and furnishings. I would never pay full price for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family