“Nice hotel but OMG”

MCM Elegante Suites
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 28 June 2010

This hotel has nice rooms but its apparently a magnet for people who want to get really drunk and disorderly. We heard yelling and fighting through out the night. Obviously this hotel has no security personnel on site. Very disturbing!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TXBandBGirl

Reviewed 28 May 2010

We were very pleased with everything about this property rooms ,staff and meals. Will definitely be back when in area. Well organized for escort, made me look good.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 18 March 2010

This is a great place to meet with old friends/family!
We have family in OKC, Dallas and West Texas. Our 17 yr old was playing baseball over the weekend and we turned it into a get together. We couldn't have picked a better spot. The suites were perfect for our various size families and with the enclosed atrium we were able to relax and enjoy the time together when we weren't at the ballpark. Thank guys.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2009

I have stayed in this hotel since it opened and prior when it was the Ambassador. Lately, the rooms and housekeeping service have been poor. The first night I discovered the TV in the bedroom wasn't working. When I put items into the refridgerator, there were partially consumed bottles of water and Dr Pepper. The first morning I discovered the in room coffee pot had coffee in it from the previos guest and the 2 cups didn't look too clean either. There were remnants of mold all over the shower walls that I could rub my finger over which came off easily. There were only 3 bath towels even though we reserved the room for 2 adults and 2 children. If you put on clean white socks and walked across the carpet you could tell how filthy the carpets were. The socks were very soiled. There's few selection of beverages during their 5-7 pm free beverage hours and the breakfasts are not that good any more. I was very disappointed with this recent stay which was in Dec. 2009. On our next trip we will check out one of the newer hotels or stay at the Courtyard. I don't care how much the Elegante suites are, they certainly are not elegant.

Reviewed 2 December 2009

Stayed Thurs. and Friday of Thanksgiving weekend. Great hotel, great location, across the street from the Mall of Abilene. Left a phone charger behind in the room, when I called to inquire about it on Saturday I was told by the front desk that it was probably locked up in housekeeping and I would not be able to speak to anyone there until Monday. This made me wonder if housekeeping was locked, how did laundry get done on Saturday and Sunday? As I'd checked out of the hotel to stay with friends I stopped by the hotel in person on Sunday and again inquired about the phone charger . The person at the front desk called housekeeping and was told the only thing they'd found was a high school jacket. He then hung up and asked if I'd like to walk back and take a look for myself. We did, not only was my charger there, clearly marked in a plastic bag with the room number it was found in, but also the dated. I also found my daughter's lost pillow back there as they stayed in the room beside ours. Had it not been for the nice gentleman at the front desk I would've had to spend $35 for another charger. Our breakfast was just ok, lukewarm served buffet style. I expected a little better service but other than that the hotel was fine.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2009

On several accounts I have called in to try to reserve a room. They take name and phone number and never call back. To start with this is a very bad habit. Like someone trying to buy something in a store and they are told to go wait in the parking lot.
Several new hotels in town and I am sure they are worried about that. Need to try the good service approach to win customers!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ma2426
Reviewed 12 August 2009

My family of 5 stayed at the MCM Elegante for a weekend/Family Reunion visit to Abilene. The front desk service was not very accomodating. In fact they weren't friendly at all. When we booked these rooms we asked for adjoining rooms with another family member. We were told there is no way to guarantee an adjoining room. The day before I called to see if there was a possibility for an adjoining room, again told the same thing. Day of check in we said we wanted an adjoining room. Well they gave us our rooms and we weren't even close to one another. They were on one side of the hotel and we were over by the bar. So, now if you have a room over by the bar on a Saturday night be ready for thump, thump, thump until 1 a.m. It is pretty quiet for the most part until someone opens the door and then you can hear every single word to whatever song it playing. That happens quite often since the restrooms for the bar are inside the hotel. There is security at the entrance to help somewhat with noise control. Seems like since Remington's is such a popular hangout they could figure a way to remodel and close it off more from the actual guest's rooms.

Since this is a family reunion we sit out in the common areas and talk and catch up. Well we were sitting outside our room when around 1 a.m. (when the bar closed) a security officer told us to go to our rooms, WHAT? We just ignored him and he called the Abilene Police Department and they made us leave the common area and go to our rooms. We were not being loud at all! Very offensive and one reason we WILL not stay there next year for our family reunion. Our family may stay there but we are driving down the road to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Another complaint is now they have a guy who's job is to sit in the pool area and make sure people obey the rules. In no way is the gentleman a lifeguard, he is only there to make sure they kids are being kids. He was very loud, obtrusive, and down right rude. He didn't allow rough housing even is I, the mom, was standing right there. I saw him get down on his knees and right in to some kids face and just start yelling. Well the dad didn't take that very well and was quite upset, as I would have been too. This new job they created it really stupid in my opionion, why not just have a freaking life guard on duty?

The service was horrible! I was in shock about the changes this place has undergone in just the personal service you get.

There are the free cocktails from 5-7 but it is very limited on the choices and the line is extremely too long to stand in. They need more bartenders and maybe one with a friendly attitude, but just don't expect that here! They use to have popcorn during the happy hour, but they aren't doing that anymore.

The breakfast is still good and still included in the price of the room. Get down there early or they will run out of cereal and pastries and either they didn't have anymore or they didn't care to restock. Breakfast ends at 10:30 on Sunday and we were down there to eat at 9 and it was already gone. All in all it is a good breakfast with many choices.

The rooms were okay. They could seriously use some updating since we have been staying at this hotel since I was a child once a year and I can't remember it even looking any different. The beds are comfortable and clean, so thats always good.

Also, I left my pillow in the room (My $100 pillow). I called the next day to let them know. A lady at the front desk took my name and number and said she was check with housekeeping and call me back. After 2 days of not hearing back I call the hotel again, this time being transferred to housekeeping and leaving a message. It has been days and I have yet to get a return call. Just poor customer service!

Very disappointed in the changes of this hotel.

This hotel could use updating and manners!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family