“Stopping through”

Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Texas
“Stopping through”
Reviewed 26 June 2007

We stayed here on our way from a convention in Amarillo. I've stayed here before and as usual, a very nice stay. I love the Spanish Decor and evening hospitality. The girls loved the game area.

I like the 2 room suites and the beds are very comfy. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank MamaTexas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dallas
Reviewed 20 June 2007

We've stayed three times at this hotel. It is well kept, has a wonderful breakfast, offers free drinks at happy hour, and has large suite rooms for a very reasonable price. The indoor pool, sauna, steam room and game room are all extra added bonuses, and I'm told that the on-site restaurant and bar are nice enough to merit visits from the local business executive crowd. Be sure to get a room on the west side of the property so you won't be bothered by the game room and pool activity which has a tendency to go on past my bedtime! All in all, when you consider that Abilene doesn't have that much to offer the average tourist (except maybe a good steak or two!), this place is a nice respite from the dullness of the city!

• Liked — The free breakfast and happy hour.
  • Disliked — A little noisy late at night.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kmooretravel
New Mexico
Reviewed 28 December 2006

This hotel who I called directly apparently cancelled my reservation to sell out I made it directly through them and had my confirmation # and the front desk agent said it was their confirmation number but it had been cancelled that afternoon. After hmmming and haing around and after I went to dinner in their restaurant about 2 hours later they found a room for me it was on the first floor at the top of the ramp leading to the pool and all I heard until 12:30AM-1AM was teenagers playing around the pool area and the games. I promptly checked out, the front desk then said they had to charge me one nights room and tax but on no sleep I was in no mood to argue especially after the scene at check in. I did however decline the charges with my credit card company as services were not rendered t my expectations

• Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank CATrvlr-TRIP

Travellers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Virginia
Reviewed 10 December 2006

I stayed here while house hunting in October and stayed in the Honeymoon Suite. It was a beautiful, expansive suite with a kitchenette. The place even has wireless internet. It was lovely and the price was great! Plus the location is really convenient and close to the Mall, Target, Emergency Clinic, etc. The food was very good (breakfast and room service) and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was exceptionally clean.

• Liked — My suite was large and recently renovated
  • Disliked — Small selection of cable channels on TV
  • Tips/Secrets — Spend the extra bucks and book the honeymoon suite. It is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank austinabace
San Francisco
Reviewed 27 November 2006

My husband and I recently traveled to Abilene for Thanksgiving with my grandmother and stayed for four nights at thishotel (Nov 22-Nov 26). I have stayed before at this hotel during past Thanksgiving visits to Abilene and have experienced a clean room and gracious hospitality.

During this stay, however, we were very disappointed with our stay for the following reasons:

1) Upon returning to our room after our first night, we found that our room smelled strongly as if someone had been smoking in it and there were dirty cleaning rags left on the counter in the kitchen.

2) Our key cards did not work on any of the outside doors and we attempted twice to fix the problem, to no avail. This forced us to walk all around the property trying to find a door that would let us in. We were careful not to de-magnetize the cards and they did work for our room, but not the outside doors.

3) A front desk employee put our name in the airport shuttle book and assured us that there would be transportation available to the airport at 5:15am when we requested. When we double checked the night before to confirm the reservation we were told that there was a shuttle at 5:20am for airline personnel only and that the vehicle could not accommodate two extra persons. When we asked to have a taxi arranged we were told that the taxi company "hated" thishotel and that we would need to talk directly to the cab company.

4) For two consecutive evenings, the hotel bar downstairs played VERY loud music until 1:00am. In fact, the base from the speakers literally shook the mirror and the bed. This music could be heard clearly from our room (#270) and prevented us from getting a good night sleep. After we complained (at midnight), the front desk employee suggested that we move rooms and offered to lower our room rate by $5. We declined to move as we were leaving the next morning at 5am.

Despite these very significant problems that we encountered, we were pleased that the front desk staff did efficiently change out our key cards several times and offered to do what they could to abate the noise. In sum, however, my husband and I felt that our stay did not live up to the standards one would expect at a quality hotel like this.

• Liked — Friendly staff, good location.
  • Disliked — The noise from the bar downstairs was unbearable.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank sf228
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 23 November 2006

MCM Elegante Suites is the best hotel in Abilene. The rooms are clean with new mattresses, furniture and also have a nice kitchenette. Breakfast included your choice of a made to order omelet, bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuits with gravy, scrambled eggs, pancakes, cereal, and much more. The fitness gym is small but has great equipment. The treadmill has a decline setting and the elliptical trainer really works you out. The manager’s reception is held every night with free drinks. We loved it so much we added an extra day to our stay.

• Liked — Comfort, amenities, fitness gym
  • Tips/Secrets — Save your breakfast ticket
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Irene W
san antonio, tx
Reviewed 6 October 2006

i attended a wekend conference in november 2005 - the rooms are very large with nice furnishings - the rate includes complimentary beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic) from 5 to 7 each evening plus a complimentary made to order breakfast

the conference facilities were nice

there was one problem - when i got to my room, they had plastic sheets on the floor, the furnature was rearranged, and i had to contact the front desk - i turned out that the housekeeping/maintenance people had set up the wrong room for our hospitality suite - they fixed the problem quickly though

if i'm in abilene, i might choose this property again although i could have probably saved money at a motel 6

i am from san antonio, texas

• Liked — the complimentary breakfast
  • Disliked — the surprise at finding my room set up as a hospitality suite when i got there
  • Stayed November 2003, travelled solo