All reviews parking lot west lake waffles gas station place to stay an older property room was clean and comfortable front desk clerk motel pets interstate college texas
Reviewed 6 October 2018

No hot water for a shower before bed and no hot water for shower in the AM and a wet spot near bed that I stepped in wearing socks. Car in parking lot security alarm went off every few hours, not the hotels fault.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0544GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for your stay and feedback. I am very sorry fore your experience. I have our maintenance crew looking into the issue.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I have had great stays at other La Quinta hotels BUT I will not return to this location. The room smelled like a backed up septic tank and there was a yappy dog in the next room. When I called the front desk about the noise, they were unable to do anything because no one answered the phone. Not happy with this experience AT ALL.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0544GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for feedback and recent stay. I am sorry about the dog.

General Managar

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Location is good, pet friendly is great, no fees for pets. Dennys and gas station basically in same parking lot, felt safe. Place is just a bit run down. Staff was very friendly but they do need to update. Especially when there are 3 other NICE hotels in walking distance. Wifi barely worked, could not do much, room did not have microwave or fridge and all the outlets had shortages in them! Beds are just ok as far as my comfort levels.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your recent stay. I am sorry for your experience. About half of the rooms have a refrigerator combo. We strive to provide a clean comfortable room at a fair price.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We were in town for a birthday party and were traveling with a pet so we decided to stay here because pets stay free. We booked directly through the website and got a decent rate with our discount. Never again! The only thing available was an ADA approved room which was fine. It was old and out dated. I truly do not know how a handicapped person could use the rest room in that bathroom much less take a shower or a bath. The website gave us the option of check in time, so we picked before noon. We got there at noon and were told that our room wouldn't be ready at least another hour. Both times we were in the lobby to check in there was drama with guests, should have been an indication of the hotel, but we had already paid online. I will say that the bed was comfy. For the record, if you are traveling with pets, don't lower your standards for this particular La Quinta. Most choice hotels only charge $15 for pets, check there first. I wish I had

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
LQ0544GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry the room was not ready, however it was a sold out weekend and our check out time is noon as well making early check-ins very hard to accommodate at times. We strive to provide a clean comfortable room for all our guest.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

They need to make sure AC and Or heat if needed is working properly or not just rig it to make it kinda work. We arrived late and wanted a shower and bed. But we thought AC was working but ended up being hot and we slept not very comfortable......

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0544GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay. I am very sorry about the A/C We work hard to keep everything in great shape.