Country Hearth Inn & Suites Abilene
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$145
US$131
US$88
US$119
US$109
US$104
Days Inn Abilene(Abilene)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$106
Whitten Inn(Abilene)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$64
Hotels.com
US$160
US$87
All reviewsomelette bareggs to ordernice folksvalue pricedroom was cleanbreakfast buffetsausageexcellent experiencefresh fruitvisiting abilenecourtyard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We have been to this Inn each time we go to Abilene and this time it exceeded any other time! New mattresses which made me sleep like a baby. Clean smelling. Bathroom was a bit dirty around the edges but the place is old and I believe it was just that reason. The breakfast was AWESOME! Everything you would want. I had yogurt, fruit, lots of it, oatmeal, and a bagel. Eggs are cooked to order and a buffet of so much more! If you leave hungry it is your own fault!! I recommend this place to anyone. WE WILL GO BACK AGAIN!!! He does need to remember to "TURN THE LIGHTS ON"...we had to circle around again and again in the dark, forgot exactly the location. No GPS in our car.

Room Tip: Ask for it!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sunsetsandroses
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel last minute through Priceline's "Express Deals." Big mistake. Priceline usually gives me great deals in rooms when I'm booking at the last minute and so when I saw 2.5 for $47 I thought great! When they revealed hotel after booking I knew it was not going to be a pleasant stay but still was hopeful. This is most definitely not a hotel I would have chosen to stay at. Even my husband who never cares about where we book was surprised at the room. Check in was a headache but I blame Priceline since they had not forwarded our reservations (made a week in advance) to the hotel. After about 15 minutes we were moving into our room. Right away we noticed a musky smell....took care if it with air freshener. Blackout curtains had no sheath so we left closed. I've read reviews of flat screen Tvs and such. We have an old box tv with one if those open/close tv centers. AC unit was annoying. The "on" setting which we use to drown out noise would not work, only the "auto" setting so it was going on and off all night. The toilet seat is old and chipped. I don't understand why that hasn't easily been replaced. My son was scared to sit on it and he is 3. A few light bulbs were out but that was remedied the same night by the very polite and accomodating girl at the front desk. Manager was very nice as well. No complaints about staff as they were all accommodating. Hotel just needs a ton of rennovating to be 2.5 stars. Or maybe we just were unlucky and got an old room. Wifi is extremely slow to non existent. Breakfast was ok. The omelette bar/waffle bar was great and they had a huge selection of items at the breakfast bar. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again and probably won't be using the express deal rate when staying in Abilene again.

1  Thank BostonDaisy24
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

Booked on Priceline as a 2 1/2 star hotel. Far from what you would expect. Check in was easy. Walking down hallway to room, the hall smells badly. Entered the decent sized room. Beds comfy and clean. Furniture needs done repairs. This hotel would do nicely just to do some painting in the rooms. Stains and things stuck to the walls. Bathroom is alright. A/C was noisy coming on and off all night. Hotel was quiet and outside noise wasn't a problem. The bright spot was breakfast. So many choices, cook to order eggs, waffles and omelette. Delicious. Check out easy. It served our purpose, but not sure I would stay again.

Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

It had very good rates for where it was located. I am also a college student just wanting to get away and this place had a great value. The rooms were clean, staff was very nice. I liked how the hotel was located close to our favorite restaurants and close to the Abilene Mall. I will probably stay here again since it had very good rates for a Friday. And a nice little hoppin bar downstairs with reasonable prices as well.

2  Thank FoxyWolf
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Reading some of these reviews I start to wonder if I was staying in the same hotel. Not a 4 or 5 star true but definitely a 2 to 3. I found this hotel very clean with modern fashionable bed linen. Everything I needed in the room including a safe and a large flat screen. Enough channels but really how many 2/3 star have the right number of interesting working stations. Ice/vending and a small shop for the few extras you may need. The staff were VERY polite and helpful and I found the general condition, ambiance and facilities as good as some places I have paid twice as much for. I didn't eat out locally as I went to the rodeo at the Taylor County Show Ground but on my return I parked the car and went next door (literary next door) to a bar for a couple of beers. Stays open late and a little depressing(but safe) inside (though I hear it is a busy loud joint at weekend) but hell it's a short walk to your bed. Safe area and I would happily stay at this hotel again and would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends