I've read some of the unkind reviews and understand where they are coming from. However, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. I'll cover pros and cons. Let's get the elephant out there first by stating cons:
1. The hotel is dated. It is stuck in time of the 70's. The decor does not match the higher dollar chains as you might find in a Marriot...Big Deal, not to me. As a kid growing up in the 70's this hotel took me back to a very fun time in my life.
2. There are other cosmetic issues that people with a very discriminating eye notice. Paint colors being odd and not quite right. Chairs don't match...Not a big deal to me as long as they are comfortable and they were.
1. The hotel GM is outstanding with customer service. He is very accommodating and wants you to have a good stay at his hotel.
2. My bed was great and it was extremely comfortable.
3. Keurig Coffee makers in each room. That is nice and I've had those at only higher dollar hotel chains. This was a pleasant surprise.
4. My room was clean and the staff was always cleaning.
5. The pool is awesome. They also have a T.V. out there with three grills. Great for a quick grill party.
6. Thai restaurant attached to the hotel had good Thai food. The lounge attached to the hotel made it easy to grab an adult beverage and walk back to your room. These places have different owners, but are a nice convenience for an out of towner.
7. the T.V.s in the room are nice and have a good line up for those that need to wind down.
8. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. If the GM "Ish" is there - ask him to make you his style of Indian type scrambled eggs. They were fantastic. I've paid twice as much for another hotel and the breakfast was horrible. They have fresh fruit, oatmeal, eggs to order, sausage, waffles, little white powdered donuts, biscuits, kolaches...You name it, you will probably see it. If you are a health freak like me, then you can have a great healthy breakfast. If you have a morning to just go crazy, you can have it there too.
9. Service was great.
Overall, I had a very good experience. I'll overlook cosmetic issues if the service is good and the hotel is clean (which this place was). If you want the biggest bang for your dollar and a good value, then know that this is your place. If you are a snob and only go to the higher dollar chains, then this place will not make you happy. You'll complain about everything. Stick to your expensive chains.
For those that want great service and value, then give it a try.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Country Hearth Inn & Suites Abilene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Hearth Inn And Suites Abilene
- Country Hearth Inn & Suites Abilene Hotel Abilene
- Regency Hotel Abilene