“Uncomfortable Stay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Elko, Nevada
“Uncomfortable Stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

arrived late at night , rooms standard not clean old towels, dogs barking people in hall ways possible long stay guest smell of foull oder possible smoke made reservations for 3 nights felt uncomfortable with people in hall ways seem to be a problem with the guest that would possibly turn into a problem,,had one more night stay decided just to pack up and leave. Had 4 small children felt it was not a safe enviroment for them.

Room Tip: Check out the hotel before you decide to stay there
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on our way across country . We have a 50 lb dog so are limited where we can stay.

The good - friendly staff , large rooms , comfortable bed , iron , ironing board , closet , keurig with folgers, about 5 miles off I-20 near l shopping center. We walked to the close shopping center - chick fil a , Olive Garden , cotton patch , big lots , organic grocery store , nail salon , hair cut place. Driving distance , but very close - target and other stores . The breakfast - large selection , French toast , muffins , mini doughnuts, cereal , milk , yogurt , oatmeal , scrambled eggs , sausage , ham , bacon , juices , tons of fruit, eggs cooked to order. Clean towels , soft toilet paper

The bad - very very very old and outdated. No obvious filth but the room just felt dirty , old carpets , old couch , dark and dingy, cigarette burns . Lots of dirty caulk and rust . Some of the electrical sockets did not work , plugged lamps in and they just didn't work either. Frayed wires taped with electric tape , ceiling light was flashing slightly when off. Heater smelled badly when we turned it on , fridge barely useable because it badly needed to be defrosted , nothing was plugged in when we arrived , not all rooms have flat screen tvs , the doors slam constantly all night , paper thin walls. We were kept up from out neighbors having sex , their child was screaming . There was a open half drank wine cooler in our fridge .

The ugly - everything. Depressing , bleak hotel. I was glad to leave

The hotel is huge , I'm not sure why they put us around people. Under different circumstances ( we were able to sleep ) maybe it would get a 3, but never higher. You can just tell it's not taken care of. And the breakfast while it was nice - it seemed like some things were old and possibly freezer burned.

Probably wouldn't stay here again unless we had to. It's cheap, and doable .

As soon as we got there our dog started crying. She didn't like it. Dogs know best.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Abilene hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

+ Abilene is your best bet if you come over the freeway from the west (endless oilfields)
+ Helpful Indian staff
+ Great free breakfast, including fresh eggs personally made
- the indoor Thai restaurant is closed
- hard to get on the wi-fi

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bow E
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Being in the hotel business for nearly 5 years managing properties in the DFW area and Tyler, TX I have an eye for hotels. My eye was impressed with what this property had to offer. Very nice lobby, breakfast area, rooms, bedspreads, pillow top mattresses, overall an extremely well put together property. HOWEVER, when checking in I found out that they wanted me to pay $10 extra dollars for an additional person in my party, not exciting but I wasn't irate with that. We checked in on Christmas Eve and there were probably about 15 - 20 rooms sold that night judging on the amount of cars in the parking lot. This property, according to one of the front desk employees has 150 rooms so I figured a late check out was not going to be denied based on the fact that they had so many rooms available and would not necessarily need our rooms at 11am to clean. I went to the front desk to ask about a late check out because our phone in our room (109) did not work and the woman at the desk told me they would charge me $20 if I was not out of my room by 11:15am. This is RIDICULOUS!!!! I would understand if they had a lot of check ins coming in, but I found out from one of the housekeepers, because the girl at the front refused to tell me, that they had 8 check ins coming in on Christmas Day. So, 150 room property with 20 rooms sold that means 130 available rooms with 8 coming in and they wanted to charge me $20 to stay 2 extra hours (I asked to stay until 1pm). After packing up all of our stuff and going to the front to check out the young lady at the front desk said, "Oh, well we can let you stay for an hour or hour and a half or so." The only reason she said this is because I stated I would be leaving a bad review on Tripadvisor. If you want to be treated fairly I would stay elsewhere, this place is run by management that is hungry for money and don't care about their guests. Truly disappointed!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I travel for work across the country and frequent Abilene. Whenever I am in town I stay at the Country Hearth Inn. Besides some of the best prices in town, they have great breakfast, nice rooms, flat screen TVs, outdoor pool, public BBQ grills, pool table. Also a great Thai restaurant attached and great bar. Next to the Abilene mall and 3 movie theaters within a stones throw. Stay here every time.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Rockltd
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Under $70.00 per night (under $40.00 on a 30 day commitment), Comfortable King Size Kitchenette. Full sized Refrigerator/freezer, Stove w/ oven, 42 inch flat screen. Full cooked to order breakfast. Great service. Beautiful Pool area w/ gas grills. Great Thai Restaurant (I had the Pad Thai and Won Ton soup, wonderful!) and lounge on site. Nice folks. Ask for Ish (GM) or Julie (night mgr.). It is, what it is! No Taj Mahal, No Taj Mahal rates. Just Good, Clean, Safe and Comfortable.. Tell 'em Dean sent ya!
ALL GOOD!

Room Tip: Talk to Ish
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank dclinto320
Litchfield Park, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great little older hotel.... booked on line an hour as we were travelling across country.... Booking was screwed up by Expedia... Note this is not the first time this has happened to me by the system screwing up the dates booked! One was for an airline ticket! Anyway, Duty Manager tried to sort it out via phone while we were still travelling. I ended up having to call them, and work it out, but great service by the duty manager. Great price on line no issues with any xtras.
Breakfast! Hmm first visit it was all rather cool, but on our second visit great! :-)
Would stay again, hence we used it on our way home :-)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends