“family fun” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Grapevine, Texas
“family fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Other than having trouble looking for the hotel, this was very nice. The staff was great and friendly. And the room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The location is great had bunch of restuarnts to choose from and walking distance too.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
comfortsuitesaddison, General Manager at Comfort Suites North/Galleria, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing us on trip advisor. I know the hotel is hard to find. If I had one wish all I would want is for a sign to be located on Beltline Road. Due to zoning Addison will not allow us to put one. We try to remind guest when calling that we sit behind the Romanos Macaroni Grill and we also have it on Choice Hotels.com that we are a little hidden. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we truly hope that you come back again and see us. Thanks Cala Montano General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed this weekend with my family. The walls had dents and scratches. The floors felt wet and moldy, I had to wear socks my entire stay to feel comfortable, of course my socks were black after walking around. The bathroom floor had black hair, dirt smudges under sink, the lining of the tub was molded and the shower had molded spots. There were no sheets available for the sofa sleeper. The only good thing about the hotel was the location, it was very nice. The toilet was leaking constantly creating the bathroom floor being wet. The breakfast was not as the website said, no cereal or waffles, there was very little variety and ran out of everything to drink and was all watered down including the coffee. The ice maker was broken and leaked all over the hallway and no carts for luggage. The girl up front was never helpful and just kept saying.she didn't know she just got here. This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had and will not return.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Stephanie E
comfortsuitesaddison, General Manager at Comfort Suites North/Galleria, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Stephanie, First and Foremost I want to apologize for any problems you had during your stay. It is very important to us that ALL of our guest have a wonderful stay. I noticed you were with us more than one night and I would have loved the oppurtunity to try to make things right had this been brought to my staffs attention. Alot has gone on at the hotel within the past few weeks that were beyond our control. We had a horrible fire and lost the entire kitchen and everything in it. Each morning I went to IHOP to pick up fresh eggs and sausage. We tried our very best to provide a full breakfast. The only thing missing was the waffles and cereal and without a fridge it may it impossible for us to have those items. I am pleased to announce that our Kitchen is back in full swing and all items are served. The ice mahine wiring was run into the kitchen and we lost that also in the fire. I did purchase ice each day and have it available at the desk for all of our guest. It has been a slow process and I know it has been hard on all of our guest. Now with a full kitchen and a brand new ice machine it is nice to see smiling faces again. I assure you that all items that you have discussed in your comments to us have been looked into and corrected. I hope that you will not hold this against us as we would like for you to stay with us again in the future. Many Thanks Cala Montano G.M.
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Highly recommended if you are looking for a dependable night’s stay at a good value. The property has been recently refreshed. Very clean rooms with plenty of towels. Great location. Several restaurants on Addison’s main drag are walkable from the hotel. The hotel address is on Belt Line Rd. but its “rear” entrance on Arapaho is easier to navigate.

The manager is both personable and available. The staff could not be more friendly or helpful. I felt genuinely welcome when I checked in. Very reasonably priced for the area. Both the mattress and bedding were very comfortable. Good water pressure. Free breakfast was the standard offering but offered plentiful choices.

Plenty of free parking. Wi-Fi is strong and free. The pool and Jacuzzi looked inviting. Two complimentary newspapers are offered in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Thank You Thank you for your amazing review. I have posted your comments on the break room wall for all the staff to read. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we would love to see you again soon. Thanks Bunches. Cala Montano General Manager
Walldorf, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We had some business to be done at Addison airport and therefore stayed a few nights. The hotel is very conveniently located for Addison airport and there are many dining options within walking distance. Staff was friendly, the rates are good and there is nothing to complain about the rooms either.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank terbang
Lafayette, LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is rated as a 2-3 star hotel. I beg to differ in that for what you pay I think this is an excellent hotel. The lobby and elevator has been recently renovated. Our room was very nice with the exception that I found that the mattress was VERY soft. The pillows were OUTSTANDING compared to most hotels.

Check Inn was quick and correct. The lady who checked us in did not know where Snuffer's was located but it was right around the corner and was easy to find via Google Maps. She offered to find directions for us but we told her we could do it via our iPhone.

One more thing.... The kitchen caught fire and there was no breakfast. How great was the staff? They actually called us and told us about this giving us the option to go elsewhere if necessary. Of course this was not a problem, but I appreciated the call. This hotel staff is very professional and takes care of business!

Room Tip: This hotel is located back off Beltline Road behind the Homewood Suites.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bandman
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Comfort Suites North/Galleria was a wonderful surprise for a friend and I during an Easter weekend vacation. The parking lot is roomy, with easy access to main roads. Friendly and helpful staff, which made check-in and -out a breeze. We were at the end of the hall in one of the fancier suites, with a large jacuzzi, and we never heard a bit of noise for three nights, even though the hotel was packed. Our room was large and very comfortable, and the bed was one of the best I've experienced in a hotel in some time. A hot buffet breakfast is available every day, with enough variety to satisfy most folks. One strong positive is the hotel's location - restaurants, retail stores, and other facilities abound, leaving the guests with lots of choices nearby. On the downside, as with a number of hotels in the area, there is no sign on the main road saying 'turn here for hotel.' If we hadn't searched for directions in advance, I'm not sure if we would have easily found it (hint - it's behind the Fish Market Restaurant)! We'll definitely stay there again on our next visit to the DFW area.

Room Tip: Ask if a room with a jacuzzi is available. Slightly higher price, but worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anthony A
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have taken a group of 100+ teenagers to a conference in Dallas every year for the past 7 years. This was my first year staying at Comfort Suites North/Galleria. I have never been so impressed with service at a hotel. Cala and her entire staff were incredibly easy to work with and gracious! Most hotels tend to dread a group of teenagers this size; however, everyone we encountered went above and beyond to let us know we were welcome there. I know where I'll be booking every year!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hollie P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
BEST WESTERN PLUS Addison Galleria Hotel
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison
Homewood Suites Dallas/Addison

Been to Comfort Suites North/Galleria? Share your experiences!