“A great stay!”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Addison
houston
“A great stay!”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My boyfriend and I planned to spend Christmas Day in Dallas with family. This hotel was one we found in our price range within the guest ratings that I prefer. We spent two days and ended up being snowed in on Christmas Day. Our room was clean and comfortable. Their breakfast menu was good. They also have a small 24hr "store" in the lobby were you can buy chips and drinks and other small things. On Christmas Day, since we were snowed in, we sat in the lobby by ourselves, watched TV and played games on the computer. Outside they have a lounge area so with the snow falling, we had a snowball fight and made a snowman. Great accommodations! My only minor downpoint is that the closest freeway to the hotel is a toll way so we took the free, long way.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I recently stayed for 3 nights at this hotel right after Christmas. The $53 rate was hard to beat. Since I stay at a lot of Courtyards, Fairfields and Marriotts I would say the room itself was quite outdated. Very few TV channels. The bathroom fixtures looked like they must have been the original ones. Rooms are quite small. Previous to this stay I stayed at a brand new Home 2 Suites in Frisco and though the rate was $103 I was quite impressed with the layout in the rooms and the lobby.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Although many of the Courtyards advertise a "New Lobby", that doesn't do much to improve the rooms. I've never understood why Courtyards update the Lobbys, but ignore the rooms. To me, I could care less about the lobby, because the only time I spend there is checking in. I am a loyal Marriott member, and a Platinum Elite Member. I normally don't stay at the Courtyard properties because they really don't offer any benefits for a Platinum member, or for anyone for that matter other than a room. I stayed at this Courtyard just to get my nights needed to keep my Platinum status for next year, and the $53.00 rate. As the saying goes "you get what you pay for". The first room I checked into I asked to switch because the bed was very lumpy, and the bedside light didn't work. I was moved to another room, and found that the volume on the TV worked sometimes, and the picture would come and go. I picked up the phone to call the front desk and the cord came out of the phone. I called again, and the cord came out again. They did repair both issues quickly. The other thing I don't like about Courtyard is the fact that with a king bed, the TV is to the side of the bed, and not at the foot of the bed, so it's not comfortable for watching TV. I found that this property, being close to Addison Circle, and having a cheap weekend rate is somewhat of a party place. My floor was pretty loud with people apparently having a good time late at night. In all fairness, the personnel were the bright spot of the place. The Front Desk Supervisor at check-in was a very pleasant lady, and very helpful. She made the place great. It is time for the owner of this property to do a complete facelift, because it is long overdue. I always try to give fair and impartial reviews of properties, and tell it like it is. Would I stay here again? Maybe if I needed to get an extra night. I'm a business traveller, and try to stay at full service Marriotts because they have a Concierge Lounge, or a Residence Inn because of all that they offer. Courtyard is usually my last choice for a Marriott stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This hotel is very well located, theere are a lot of good restaurants nearby. The rooms are very modern and confortable. The bathroom was clean. The lobby is modern looking and the employees were all extremely nice. The best part of it was the price! Breakfast was not included, but there were so many good places to eat around, that it didn't matter.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I have stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott a number of times over the last 10 years. My most recent stay was October 2012. The hotel has remodeled the lobby area - it looks modern and fresh. The rooms are a generous size, the sink and hairdryer were just outside of the bathroom (at least in our room - standard king bed), which made getting ready much easier than if they'd been inside the bathroom. The hotel is conveniently located within easy driving distance of the Galleria and all the restaurants in Addison. You can even walk to some restaurants from the hotel. It's also very easy to get to from DFW airport.

For the money (we paid $60/night including tax), you can't beat it. I'll stay there again and definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: The ice machine is right next to the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had the opportunity to be at this hotel for a business trip. I can tell that the front desk and general personnel were fantastically professionals and friendly. The food wasn't that good but it didn't matter since you can choose so many different types of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank magarcia99
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed here during the OU/ Tx weekend. The area is busy but has a ton of great restaurants. The hotel itself is what you would expect from Courtyards. Very clean, modern looking lobby. Employees were all nice with the exception of the woman delivering the extra pillows we requested. Loved the jacuzzi. Breakfast was great. Only minor complaint was the rooms weren't very sound proof, next door were some kids who tended to yell some. Other then that it was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Residence Inn Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison

Been to Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive? Share your experiences!