“No rest for the weary”

Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel it self was fine, standard courtyard fare. New updated lobby, restaurant ,clean outdoor pool and gym. BUT at 3:30 am a piercing alarm went off along with a recorded message saying " a fire alarm has been received, please leave the building do not use the elevator" we walked down 6 flights and stood outside 37 minutes. The next day after of walking around in the 100 degree heat we went to the room to relax and freshen up before dinner only to have the alarm go off AGAIN! Once again down the 6 flights, outside 20 minutes! One of the employees mentioned perhaps a guest was playing with the fire alarm. We checked out the following day and got no apologies or explanation. Hotel was fine but staff was so-so.

Room Tip: Get one high up, away from pool noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda G
CourtyardQuorum, Manager at Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you very much for your review.

I am so sorry to hear of the multiple inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I have forwarded your comments to our leadership team, and we have committed ourselves to fixing these issues immediately.

Again, thank you for your business.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel while on business for 2 weeks. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and professional. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants and stores. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend to family/ friends and would stay again in the future. My only issue is that the walls were thin and I could ocassionally hear my neighbors but not a major concern that caused me to not enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I checked in for a 4 night stay for business. The check in lady was very nice, assisted me with an early check in request as my plane landed early and i was at the hotel by 12:30. I stayed in room 322, the room was clean, AC worked well, the king size bed was very comfortable. The internet was free, however was not the fastest, I stuck with Mobile Data. The breakfast in the morning is not free, it was OK, however I thought for the most part the price charged was not worth the quality of food. There are however plenty of options for food close by so this place is not the only place to eat. The service in the restaurant part was ok, not the greatest, they didnt really seem to want to be there, it was nothing like the service I got at the front counter. They had a nice sized pool, and hot tub, and a great courtyard to sit out at night and enjoy a nice drink. Overall still a great stay, i would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We always stay here when we have family weddings, etc. in Dallas. The lobby is large and comfortable and a good place to meet. The pool is great and it's very clean. It's in a great location with lots of restaurants. Cafe de Brazil is across the street and has a wonderful breakfast. For the first time, we had a loud air conditioner but the manager, Robert Krecklow took care of it in the middle of the night and provided two different room options. He was sweet and helpful and I actually left a Trip Advisor excellent service award pin for him!

Room Tip: room 505 has a loud clanky air conditioner. 504 is good but has double beds
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very friendly staff. rooms are a little small, but very comfortable. Bistro has a nice limited menu and lobby area is a great place to meet and relax. Very nice and well equipped courtyard and pool area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Love staying in this quiet area north of Dallas. Great for the price whenever I stay, for some reason this Marriott location usually has the best weekend prices. Like to stay at this hotel just to get away, they have exercise room, but I like to walk this neighborhood outside, it feels like a safe neighborhood. Cozy, area with good eating places that are walking distance. If you are a walker this area has nice trees that are very relaxing to look at - very affordable eateries nearby for couples and families. I like staying here on the weekends for their prices, otherwise I scope out deals on my Hotel Tonight app, they give you $25 dollars off on first booking. I usually book when I get to hotel parking lot if I am skeptical about hotel or location. invite code on 1st hotel stay : ASCOTT207 or CSCOTT19 . I have used this app to book at other Marriott hotels same day deals starting at around 9 am Central time.

Room Tip: Room to overlook pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AV S
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were in town for a wedding and this place was great. It is centrally located, the room was spacious and clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. There are lots of restaurants nearby. This was a great value for the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
Best Western Plus Addison Galleria Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison

Been to Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive? Share your experiences!