“I have never experienced the rotten customer service this hotel and manager provided.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Fairview, Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Well lets start off with you should know that the Manager Michelle is an utter failure as a manager and a complete liar along with the staff. I checked in at 2pm in the afternoon. The girl working the counter said hi and get on the phone with housekeeping. After she was done she then checked me in. I let her know that my mother was driving from Oklahoma as well and wouldn't be there till very late. She said ok and we went on our way. My mom got in at 2am and came to the hotel. She gave them my name, my husbands name and her name to try and check in. NOT only did they refuse to let her in the hotel they told her we were not even at that hotel. No notes were put in the system by the Holiday Inn staff and she was turned away. I now had to pay for another hotel somewhere else for my mom to stay. I spoke with the manager the next day and she said "well I will talk to my staff and make sure they get it right next time." Well talking to your staff doesn't put an extra $100 in my pocket for another hotel and the stress they caused on my trip. She also went on to ask me why my mother didnt call up to my room. It was 2am! i have an infant sleeping and my husband who is a police offficer who had already been up working all night before we drove in. Your staff should be taking care of the situation, not having their guests clean up your mess at 2am. I called IHG and they said they couldn't clear up the problem. The day we were checking out my mother went down to talk to the manager and she STRAIGHT lied to my moms face. They told her "well we offered to call up" which they did no such thing. At this point it's worth much more than $100 for the stress they have inflicted and the horrible curtesy that management system is accustomed to. At this point IHG corporate and the management refuses to do anything about the problem so I will be consulting with an attorney over this. This isn't how you run any kind of business or treat guests. It's the principal of the situation and no one is taking responsibility and I am paying for THEIR mistakes! I would not recommend this hotel! I will no longer be staying with any of their chain!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank MNBaker706
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear MNBaker706,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable to learn that your stay was negatively affected by the level of service you have received from our hotel staff. Rest assured that this has been taken into serious account as I would like to follow up on you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel during several business trips to the area. The facility is well maintained and clean. The rooms have plenty of space. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby - several within walking distance. The typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast bar is provided every morning. The evening snacks and the weekly manager's reception are good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights while our girls basketball team played in Frisco, TX. The room was nice and the parents, coaches and players did not have any major issues with the rooms.The rooms were clean and had enough towels for all the girls. We did have an issue with the front desk lady (older blond long hair). This lady acted like an FBI agent or a rude police office. She was a trip. I walked in the lobby to bring my child some food and she said "where are you going" . WOW!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience during your stay. I have shared this with all staff to improve our service. Thank you for your feedback.
Tiffin
Reviewed 5 April 2014

A very positive experience. Clean comfortable room, very impressed with the woodwork in the building, secure area, good restaurants nearby. Very friendly and professional staff. Breakfast was respectable :) recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Michelle D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your review I will share with the staff! Please come and see us again!
Thank you!
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was impressed with this Holiday Inn Express. Staff was very professional and room was very nice. Location is convenient and secure, and the free breakfast was respectable. Only drawbacks were that it was a little noisy and the internet was a little slow.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
We appreciate your review thank you so much! We hope you will come see us again soon!
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed in one of the king suites which had a kitchen area and dining table. Ordered room service and they made a nice production of it. The room itself was a bit dank and needed updating. Bed was comfortable enough but not updated.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Catman3404,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you found our customer service great. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any inconvenience the condition of your room may have caused. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Not a racist but never been to a hotel where you cant understand anyone! Check in took forever and couldnt understand a word this woman said. Still had the same problem with 3 other employees. Breakfast was a nightmare with so many employees getting food we waited over 15 minutes to get to the food counter and then nothing left. Housekeepers very loud in hallways and rooms early while we were sleeping. Turned on tv in next room so loud and then yelled at each other. Ran when we tried to ask themt to be quiet. Person at the desk was no help and said they were doing their job. The lady at checkout was very short withme and said also they were doing their job. Tried to talk to manager and was not in. Attempted to call corporate and was told I couldnt because I wasnt a member??? Over all could have been a nice stay but employees are all foreign and not able to communicate with anyone. Frustrating but seems to be the way things are in Texas.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Jonesgo51,