“Do not stay here if you plan on using their shuttle”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Fort Worth, Texas
“Do not stay here if you plan on using their shuttle”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked a room at this hotel due to it's location and the shuttle service listed on it's website. After checking in to a nice clean room we went to the front desk to have the shuttle take us to the places our trip there was for. We were informed that the van just sits there and they have no driver. I informed the manager on duty that the reason we picked their hotel was due to this service posted on their website. She shrugged and said "nothing i can do". Not wanting to argue we just took cabs everywhere we needed to get to and informed them that we would contact the corporate office on Monday. Sad part is when we contacted the corporate office and explained the situation we were told " thanks for letting us know but that is a privately owned property so you need to take it up with them . I usually try and stay at holiday inn's but with nobody taking responsibility for the services they say they offer but dont ineed to look for a different hotel chain. The Godfather

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jim A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear jim a,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it is regrettable we fell short of your expectations during your stay. Rest assured that we take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Karen C
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for one night on a quick trip to Dallas to meet up with some family. I'd called to request a top floor room not overlooking the pool...we received a not top floor room that was overlooking the pool with no apologies, so we didn't start off on a great note. I agree with other reviewers that the staff could be a little more helpful and less grumpy.

The room itself was clean and fairly nice. The beds were comfortable. Despite not being on the top floor and overlooking the pool, our room was completely quiet - I have young kids that need to sleep, so this is huge for us.

My kids and I logged tons of time at the pool in the 24 hours we were there and were by and large the only ones there. It was clean and perfectly nice -- they loved it.

Breakfast was OK -- there were some (powdered...) egg options, sausage, bacon, etc. The pancake machine was fascinating, for both me and the kids.

The location of the hotel was safe and fine, but not really close to any attractions you'd be going to in Dallas, if that's important to you. There's a new Chuy's in the same parking lot, so that's a great, convenient dinner option.

All-in-all, I would say the hotel is fine if you pay regular price, but great if you pay the $49 Hotwire rate we had.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank M0mmyNeedsaVacati0n
Stafford
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Good location with what looked like lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.
I here stayed here for one night on New Years Day after moving from another hotel in the Dallas area. Clean rooms. A bit old, with signs of wear and tear, but clean.
Front desk staff was polite, but not exactly friendly - ok. Nothing spectacular. The usual HIExpress breakfast. Hot and tasty. Breakfast area was clean.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear lolomama,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, I am happy to read you appreciate our convenient hotel location and breakfast that was served. I am sorry if some aspects of our room and staff service fell below your expectations. Rest assured your comments are valued and aid in the improvement of our services and amenities.

Again, thank you for your review. Shall your travels bring you to the area again we hope for the opportunity to provide you a quality stay with us all around.

Zelyn N
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days on a business trip. Hotel is in good location, seems like there are a thousand restaurants to choose from close by. Room was clean, staff attentive, overall a nice stay. Lots of choices in this area, I will choose this hotel again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Fairview, Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Well lets start off with you should know that the Manager Michelle is an utter failure as a manager and a complete liar along with the staff. I checked in at 2pm in the afternoon. The girl working the counter said hi and get on the phone with housekeeping. After she was done she then checked me in. I let her know that my mother was driving from Oklahoma as well and wouldn't be there till very late. She said ok and we went on our way. My mom got in at 2am and came to the hotel. She gave them my name, my husbands name and her name to try and check in. NOT only did they refuse to let her in the hotel they told her we were not even at that hotel. No notes were put in the system by the Holiday Inn staff and she was turned away. I now had to pay for another hotel somewhere else for my mom to stay. I spoke with the manager the next day and she said "well I will talk to my staff and make sure they get it right next time." Well talking to your staff doesn't put an extra $100 in my pocket for another hotel and the stress they caused on my trip. She also went on to ask me why my mother didnt call up to my room. It was 2am! i have an infant sleeping and my husband who is a police offficer who had already been up working all night before we drove in. Your staff should be taking care of the situation, not having their guests clean up your mess at 2am. I called IHG and they said they couldn't clear up the problem. The day we were checking out my mother went down to talk to the manager and she STRAIGHT lied to my moms face. They told her "well we offered to call up" which they did no such thing. At this point it's worth much more than $100 for the stress they have inflicted and the horrible curtesy that management system is accustomed to. At this point IHG corporate and the management refuses to do anything about the problem so I will be consulting with an attorney over this. This isn't how you run any kind of business or treat guests. It's the principal of the situation and no one is taking responsibility and I am paying for THEIR mistakes! I would not recommend this hotel! I will no longer be staying with any of their chain!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank MNBaker706
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear MNBaker706,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable to learn that your stay was negatively affected by the level of service you have received from our hotel staff. Rest assured that this has been taken into serious account as I would like to follow up on you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel during several business trips to the area. The facility is well maintained and clean. The rooms have plenty of space. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby - several within walking distance. The typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast bar is provided every morning. The evening snacks and the weekly manager's reception are good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights while our girls basketball team played in Frisco, TX. The room was nice and the parents, coaches and players did not have any major issues with the rooms.The rooms were clean and had enough towels for all the girls. We did have an issue with the front desk lady (older blond long hair). This lady acted like an FBI agent or a rude police office. She was a trip. I walked in the lobby to bring my child some food and she said "where are you going" . WOW!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience during your stay. I have shared this with all staff to improve our service. Thank you for your feedback.