“A good choice”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Addison
New York City, New York
“A good choice”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was here during a business trip. Not very fancy in terms of the accommodation itself but the staff makes up for it. They were very friendly, nice and helpful. I would definitely come back if I need to.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Shayla C, Assistant General Manager at Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for the review! We strive to provide all of our guests great service. We are thrilled that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We look forward to providing your hotel needs in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tenafly, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I actually reserved this hotel by mistake for an overnight stay. I was thinking of the Crown Plaza down the road that I enjoyed in the past. I did not realize my mistake until I got there (as someone else reserved the room for me based on my instructions).

Upon arriving at the parking lot, I did not see many cars there. In fact, most of the rooms in the hotel facing the parking lot were dark. The hotel staff was friendly and I must be the last one to check in for that night because she immediately knew my name as I was approaching the counter. The Wifi were free but there was no lounge for coffee in the morning. They also failed to put my IHG loyalty membership number in until I informed them upon checkout after seeing the bill. I did not see any food activities in the lobby restaurant in the morning - and not sure if they even had a functioning restaurant.

in general, the room was fairly clean and decent up-keep on the property. Their pillows (both soft and hard) were small squares and not really comfortable.

Next time, I would pay a little bit more for the Crown Plaza near-by - as that place offered a top notch lounge for the elite members of their loyalty program. This hotel did not.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear D L,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very friendly staff! Hotel in a decent condition and rooms are good.

I was there on a business trip and could not complain about the hotel except for one small point. There was no water in the room and when I had no cash to purchase one, I got a warm bottle from reception, very minor issue.

Few restaurants and bars within walking distance. Would recommend a car if you have no one to bring you around.

Breakfast in the mornings was good enough and you got a lot.

Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Shayla C, Assistant General Manager at Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and the service you received. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Payson, Arizona
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The check in lady was very friendly and helpful! the fella at the restaurant/lounge was especially nice , served great drinks & the dinner was EXCELLENT! These folks could be schooling staff - they are so good.

The assistant amanger on the night I was there, was extremely nice & friendly!

Room Tip: In the back away from Arapaho
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Shayla C, Assistant General Manager at Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We strive to give every guest excellent service. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Six and a half years ago, I met my now-fiance here at the lobby of this hotel. We've been talking about going back for a one-night stay to bring back memories, and this weekend, we did just that.

We booked a room for $85- king bed with 2 breakfasts in the morning (room without breakfasts would've been about $70).

We had a room toward the side door, at the end of the hallway on the first floor.

The room looked clean when we entered, albeit a bit dated, but the flat-screen TV was nice. We couldn't get it to turn on at first (something weird connects a front light switch with the TV?) but someone helped us get it working.

In the bathroom, I was disgusted to find some ants walking along the wall by the door. I got in the shower, only to find several more ants crawling along the wall. The caulking was coming undone, there was rust and dirt, and the wallpaper was bubbling up. The toilet also could've flushed easier. In all, we probably killed 20 or 30 ants in our 12 hours at the hotel. We wanted to order pizza, but felt scared to do so, in case it attracted more ants. So we didn't eat dinner.

It just felt dirty, and for the price we paid (where recently other travelers booked a room here under Name-Your-Own-Price for $30/night) we were disappointed. We were especially disappointed in the breakfast, since we paid $15 or so extra for the room to include breakfast, only to find out, we can only get 1 specific "value" breakfast meal with the breakfast coupon, and the value if we paid out of pocket would've been less ($6.99) So really, we still paid for our breakfasts including tax, but we didn't get to choose what meal we'd like anyway. But, our male server was very nice.

A soccer team full of rowdy teenagers was staying here on the same night as us, and the team was standing outside our door messing with something late at night, and starting yelling and laughing, running down the hallway, waking us up. We also had the misfortune of being placed directly across from the housekeeping room, where the workers were cracking jokes, laughing and playing music early in the morning.

I'm unfortunately quite disappointed in our return here to the Holiday Inn Dallas North Addison. It will always hold a special place in my heart as the spot where I met my fiance, but unless they make some updates/changes, I'm not particularly eager to return soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Shayla C, Assistant General at Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service. My apologies for your disappointment with the condition of your room as well as the lack of variety for breakfast. Your review has already been used to consider changes to the breakfast selections as well as other improvements needed. I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Place is dirty. Charges you for the exact same breakfast you can get for free at another Holiday Inn. Walls are paper thin, so it's hard to get any sleep. Paid 60$ for one night, wouldn't even pay 20$ to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Bkc001
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Bkc001,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the condition of our facilities and the breakfast you had. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Well, with over 150 nights a year in hotels around the world. I got some of the best service from this staff. Shayla assisted me with information about Addison and so many details that there is not enough time to list them all. Devonia and Katherine was so the best. The staff here was wonderful. With meeting and need of services from the front desk, Katherine and Shayla took good care of me. The service this staff gave is one of the best. They made me feel welcome and I look forward to visiting this hotel again in the future. Great all the way around. Shayla , Katherine, and Devonia and was great. They are an asset to the IHG family. With all of the choices in this area, this hotel was the best choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WorldTraveler19999
Shayla C, Assistant General Manager at Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you so much for you kind words regarding our staff members. We strive to provide top notch customer service. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Addison, TX.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison
Best Western Plus Addison Galleria Hotel
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria

Been to Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison? Share your experiences!