Super 8 by the Galleria / North Dallas
GardenInn.com
US$124
US$120
Hyatt.com
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison(Addison)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$104
Hotels.com
All reviewsmicrowave and fridgeworking ordergalleria mallgreat place to staygreat pricenecessitiescerealmattresshilton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Friendly staff, clean rooms. Decent free breakfast. Not fancy, but who cares? I stay there to attend Landmark Education, which is fairly close.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2011

make sure you know the price before getting there; csr happy to rip you off.
good location, decently clean if you don't expect much. regular "continental" breakfast. internet free, working ok for a motel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Please stay away from this hotel. If you want to have cockroaches in your room stay here. Garbage all over the parking lot too.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2011

This was local to a sports event near the Galleria. I was hardly going to be there during the day, so just wanted a safe clean place to stay in the evenings. As a European I was used to the F1 basic but clean hotels in Europe and an American friend said this was like F1. No, it was better. I could not fault this for the price per night. It was clean and functional, and everything worked.

Mostly, though the reception staff I encountered were extremely helpful and talkative and couldn't do enough to give advice about going "walkabout" in the local area.

Best of all: the FREE WiFi... So guys, if a "cheap motel" can do it for free (or rather part of the cost of your stay) so can the top end 4* hotels.

American friends were staying down the road at the more expensive Hilton, Doubletree etc - and were shocked I had such comfortable enjoyable stay up the road in a Super 8.

Drop the snobbery, Super 8 Addison Galleria was just great, if you're not going to be hanging out and living 24/7 in your room.

Room Tip: Not the ground floor - quieter on the top floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I always stay here when visiting Dallas/Addsion. The rooms are great, for the price paid, and the service is wonderful!! My room is always clean, and have never had a problem with this chain ...at this location ....or any location. The hotel is very easy to get in and out of, unlike some of the other hotels located on Beltline. This comes in VERY handy, especially during rush hours where Beltline can be stacked light to light. This Super 8 even has a traffic light right at the corner to make getting out even easier. It's right in the middle of the restaurant row area of Addison, so finding something to eat is never a problem, even if you are on foot.
Even those on a small budget can enjoy "J's Waffle House" ...located right in front of the hotel ...very reasonable!!
The front desk personel and manager couldn't have been more helpful. I, yes me, had made a mistake on my reservation and accidentally made it for the night before we arrived. So when we arrived they couldn't locate our reservation, but did locate our missed night and associated charges. I talked with the manager, who in turned called the Manager to explain my situation and all charges were refunded and I was given a room at the rate I had booked online by mistake, for the previous night.
Very helpful and understanding!!!
Most hotels would have just said "oh well" and pocketed my money, and then charged me for the night I needed.
This Super 8 gives you more amenities for your money. They have a fridge right in the room and not just one of those tiny dorm ones either. It's one about twice that size, plus alarm clock, dresser, hangers, etc...
I stayed at Motel 9 (wink) down the road on Beltline ...ended up paying more ...for way less. I had a heck of a time trying to get in and out of their place. They also had no dresser, no clock, no fridge, no hangers, cold hard floors, mattress on a platform with no box springs ...and these were touted as "newly remodeled rooms" .....HA!!!

About the only down side would be that Super 8 is a little slower in the transistion to flat screen TV's than the rest, and I'm sure, in time, this WILL change ...In fact, I know it will.
The TV they had worked fine ...it's just that once you go flat (at home) ....you don't want to go back ....lol. If you stay here in the summer, bring your swimsuit ...the pool was great and very relaxing, the one summer I did stay there.

Btw ...I stay here at least once a year (except for the one Motel 9 accident) ...if not more.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple