“20140509 Stay”

Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Addison
“20140509 Stay”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The good: The bed was clean and comfortable. The AC worked the staff were friendly.
The bad: Seveeral issues with the room maintenance. It was unclear how to start the AC. The C smelled terrible like a moldy men's locker room. The towel rack in the bathroom was broken. The porcelain was coming off the sink, fodd had been left in the refrigerator from the day before, a wall plate was broken and either the foor trim or wallpaper was peeling. No password for the internet. The old CRT TV had poor reception and was fuzzy.

Fortunately I just need a night's sleep so once I was asleep all was good until I woke up and smelled the air again. Glad my wife was not with me becasue she never would have stayed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

super8addisontx, Webmaster at Super 8 by the Galleria / North Dallas, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms. I’m sorry that some small maintenance issues detracted from your stay. We believe we provide a good combination of value and comfort, and hundreds of guests each months agree. Still, we apologize that we did not exceed your expectations in this case. Please try us again and experience us as we change and improve over the coming weeks.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 20 April 2014

How luck were we? I can not say I was not warned. I read the reviews, but we were desperate to find somewhere to sleep just getting in from Houston and looking for a hotel for 2 hours! It was 4am and we just wanted to sleep. As soon as we stepped foot inside the room we knew we made a mistake. Walls are peeling. Room was drenched in air freshener (not very fresh). I could barely even breath comfortably!! Place was very dated! The restroom ceiling was coming apart. A constant dripping from restroom was heard throughout the night (I guess a leak?) definitely time for a makeover! Furniture looked like it would fall apart at anytime. my advice pay an extra $40 and stay somewhere decent. Unfortunately, as soon as I told my boyfriend "I hope you didn't get room 137." (after reading reviews) He informed that he got just that. They won't be in business much longer at this rate.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Persephanie33
super8addisontx, Webmaster at Super 8 by the Galleria / North Dallas, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We use all feedback to help us improve, and I apologize that your brief experience with us was not up your standards. We satisfy hundreds of guests every month, but unfortunately we fall short in some cases. We’re working every day to make this property better for guests like you, and I again apologize that your room was less than the best when you stayed with us.

Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2014

There were no lights in our room and the commode did not flush. The woman at the front desk gave us a broken plunger and told us to use the public restroom in the office! Awful,awful,awful. We will never use that establishment again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this site!
Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
super8addisontx, Webmaster at Super 8 by the Galleria / North Dallas, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. They will help us improve our property and our staffing in the future. While I wasn’t present during your stay, we could likely have moved you to a different room if there was a problem. I’m glad the desk clerk was able to offer some assistance even if it did not lead to a resolution. Every comment is useful to us, and I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations. Pointing this out will genuinely help us.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
Best Western Plus Addison Galleria Hotel
HYATT house Dallas/Addison

Been to Super 8 by the Galleria / North Dallas? Share your experiences!