“Nice area, very comfortable, but hotel starting to show age”

Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Arab, Alabama
“Nice area, very comfortable, but hotel starting to show age”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and found the hotel to be very nice. The public areas were well maintained and were a great place for social interaction. The front desk staff were very courteous and did everything in their power to quickly process arrival and answer any questions.
Upon entering the room I found that my room had plenty of space but the room was starting to show signs of age. The stucco ceiling in my room was starting to peel in a couple of areas, and the bathroom was dated. However, these things were minor issues, since the hotel was in an area where I felt comfortable, with a lot of food choices within a couple of miles.
The Texas sized pool was not all that it was cracked up to be. Yes, it was larger than a normal pool but not what I consider resort sized. The exercise room was adequate, but again I felt comfortable walking in the area instead of on a treadmill, so I enjoyed that,
As for sleep quality, I found the room to be quiet and the bed was comfortable, so rest was good.
I would definitely stay at this hotel if ever in the area again..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear lwalker1967,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay with us and your personal experience! I am excited to hear that the Front Office staff was courteous and efficient in getting you checked in. I am disappointed to hear that the pool and your room were not as you expected but I look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Jenks, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel a few times and still love it! Rooms are nice and the food is awesome! Average food seems a bit higher priced, but worth it. If you want to go out, there are many food options only a few miles away in Addison.Galleria is not far for great shopping any time of year. Pool area is nice but workout room which is detached from rooms, seemed small. Overall, good place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Erisk25
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had a great visit here. It was just a night, for business, but the staff was polite, and while the hotel was not easy to navigate, the rest of the experience was great. Breakfast was good, and the rooms were comfortable and quiet. Would recommend for anyone needing a hotel in this area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Austin
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

From the outside, the Crowne Plaza near the Galleria, doesn't impress. But once you are inside, it is very nice.

The common areas, bar, rooms all are clean and well maintained. The staff that we encountered were all friendly and helpful. I stay in hotels often and this one is worth a return trip.

The pool area is quiet and clean. It feels secluded and the landscaping is very nice. There are plenty of spots to get some sun yet enough shade to keep you cool under the hot Texas sun. My kids loved the pool area.

The breakfast had plenty of fresh selections and the quality of everything was top notch. No complaints.

We did not sample the restaurant.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Djase1
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Lawrence Smith at McArthur's Restaurant was very attentive, courteous, and efficient. Bravo! The breakfast and lunch buffets were delicious, generous, and reasonably-priced. The business center with two computers for complimentary use, including printing, was quite helpful. N. Pham

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank N P
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear N P,

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that Lawrence offered exceptional service to you during your time with us. I have personally know Lawrence for over 10 years and he is an amazing person.

Thank you again and I look forward to meeting you the next time you are in the hotel.

charlotte
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Pros: The customer service at this property is fantastic. As a seasoned traveler I have high standards and they exceeded them. The breakfast buffet was excellent and again service was great. Selection and even quality of food was above par. The room was large and very comfortable so you don't have to worry about being cramped. The shower head was very low (felt like a basketball player), but it's probably just an issue with remodeling an older property.

The Cons: The only thing I don't like about this property is the AC. It's a wall unit and loud...it comes on and off all night which can impact sleep. If you have ear plugs, you won't have this impact you.

Overall, it's a great property and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank brianparsley
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We recently traveled to Dallas to attend a family reunion. Arriving late, I was greeted by a very pleasant young man. Our rooms were ready and we moved in. My teenagers were hungry of course and we noticed on the room service menu you could order 2 pizzas, 2 orders of wings and 2 pitchers of cola for a very affordable price. It was delivered quickly and was very good. My husband who is originally from Buffalo is a wing snob and those wings got his approval, crispy with just the right amount of heat. The pizza was really good and was devoured.
The hotel was recently renovated and is beautiful. The pool area on the 2nd floor was large and very nice.
Located very close are many eating establishments, be sure you try Spring Creek for BBQ.
Large, clean rooms, attentive staff and a great breakfast buffett.
Enjoy your stay. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia R
Kellea C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Julia R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Addison. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your husband approved our wings!!! We look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!

Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
The Westin Galleria Dallas
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway

Been to Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria- Addison? Share your experiences!