“Hampton Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Charlotte, United States
“Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great location in Addison Tx. We were there on business so I am not sure about things for families but certainly a great location when working in the Dallas area. Quiet facility. Plent of places to eat and excercise, as I am a runner.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I am a Hilton Honors member and I like staying at Hamptons because I can be pretty confident of the quality I am getting. I stayed at the Hampton in Addison Texas in June of 2014. The facility had most of the classic Hampton features and amenities. There was an outdoor pool, a fitness room, free wie-fie that worked without any problems, an in room coffee maker, and a free breakfast. The breakfast was good and had adequate selections. The beds were comfortable, and we slept well for three nights. The facility was clean and well-maintained. Everything worked well and we had no issues with noise even though this hotel was a hotspot for families with kids the week-end we were there. There were several restaurants within walking distance.

I use a wheelchair and booked a two-bed, accessible room. I called the hotel to confirm prior to my arrival, and they told me all was in order. Unfortunately, when I arrived, I was given an accessible room with only one bed. This did not work for us. When we told the front desk of the error, we found out that the hotel does not have any accessible rooms with 2 beds. All of their accessible rooms have only one bed.

The hotel called nearby facilities, but the other facilities were going to charge me more than I was already paying. I couldn’t afford to spend more. We elected to remain at the Addison location and to accept a non-accessible, 2 bed room. The hotel provided us with a shower chair, and we made it work.

I requested some sort of compensation for my troubles, and the hotel clerk said he would try but that it was very unlikely I’d get anything. The clerk never followed up.

I called H Honors after I arrived home. When I told them of my difficulties, they offered to credit my account with 15,000 points. I left it at that.

Overall, it was a good stay. I probably would not choose to stay at that specific Hampton again because of the fact that they do not have a 2 bed, accessible room option. If they had that option, I would happily stay there again. For anyone who does not require that specific type of room, this hotel is a great option. It’s about 40 minutes from DFW airport, and convenient to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: No 2 Bed Handicap rooms at this location. only 1 bed rooms.
1 Thank Rae1701
Corsicana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I were in town for the Jimmy Buffet concert and needed a place to spend the night. Found this through TA and booked it at a GREAT rate for a hotel this nice!! WE WILL RETURN!! We checked in and went to the concert, returned that night, slept late and headed home. Nice, easy and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Addison, TX, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel rooms are in poor shape. Smelled, A/C Problems and the curtains could not be closed. Had to stack luggage and pillows against window for privacy. I was told that they would refund my money but I told them that I'd rather have a nice little bonus of points on my card which never happened. I spend a minimum of 4 to 500 a week at Hamptons and Hilton properties and this was the worst location I've stayed at so far.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ivy L, Manager at Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I'm so sorry for your poor experience at our hotel. Please be assured this was discussed with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.
philadelphia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We try to stay at Hampton Inns whenever we go to a different city. We like the breakfast buffets and the general ambience of the inns. We also appreciate the discounts available. We called the inn itself to book and were given the lowest price available for each of the four nights we stayed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was a great hotel. Stayed two nights here. The rooms were very clean, the grounds were very clean and common areas were also very clean. The location of this hotel is fabulous, it is very close to shopping, entertainment, restaurants and near the tollway which is great for fast travel to other destinations in the area. Check-in and check-out was super easy. I did not have the breakfast because I just don't eat breakfast. I did peek in and it all looked good and the area was clean and seemed to be well stocked. Our room was very quiet with nothing broken or in need of repair. The only bad thing was that the drink machine on the 4th floor had been broken into at some point and you could only use your credit/debit card. The other drink machines were fine. The staff was friendly and ready to help with anything we needed. Overall I feel this was a great value for our money and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lyn T
New Orleans, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Check inn was quick. Great central location. Many restaurants and shopping. Hotel up to Hampton Standards. Monday breakfast was excellent. Weekend breakfast was lacking. Front desk ran out of travel meals.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
BEST WESTERN PLUS Addison Galleria Hotel
Homewood Suites Dallas/Addison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria

Been to Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison? Share your experiences!