“Wedding Party Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Reedley
“Wedding Party Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our younger son was married this month, and La Quinta gave out of town guests a very reasonable rate for our stay and gave the bride and groom a suite for their wedding night at no charge. The staff went out of their way to be accommodating - put our other son and daughter-in-law next door to us, extended the breakfast hour the day after the wedding so we could all have breakfast together before parting ways, went the second mile to find a missing iPod (and found it!), and provided a printer for us to print out boarding passes before leaving. We also were able to check in 2 hours early.

I would have preferred shampoo w conditioner and a liquid body soap, but those are easy to bring along now that I know they aren't provided. There were ample choices for the continental breakfast, but the Cracker Barrel restaurant is right across the street! (New to Allen in recent months.)

La Quinta is a mid-range hotel, but this particular hotel is a cut above others I have seen or stayed at in terms of decor. Beautiful colors and furniture in the lobby. Small swimming pool and jacuzzi with a waterfall into the pool. Beautiful to see from our room even though a little out of season to swim in!

We would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Recently traveled to Texas with my family, which included my 85 year old Dad, to attend a dear Uncle's funeral service. One of the closest and more convenient hotels to the DFW airport and the funeral services venue was the La Quinta in Allen. Not having stayed at a La Quinta, I was very nervous. I was very happily surprised to find the hotel very neat and clean. We were warmly greeting by friendly staff as we entered the intimate yet impressive lobby. The breakfast area was very clean, with the various food selections well presented. I could see through the breakfast room window that there was a very well groomed pool and hot tub area. Families with small children or business travelers should find this La Quinta a good fit-dollars well spend. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LaQuinta H, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest ~

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. We are sorry about your loss. We are glad that you found our property to be clean and that you had a great experience. It is our number one goal to make sure our guest have a great experience to make sure they will want to come back and visit.

We hope that if you do ever have to come back to Allen we will see you again.

Thanks again and take Care!
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was the most disappointing stay at a La Quinta. The desk staff were courteous enough. Dogs were barking at ALL hours of the night. I thought all guests with pets would be roomed on one floor... Every time some of the dogs were brought through the hall, they started barking...at other guests and especially other dogs!!! Granted staff can't control them directly, but there should have been some restrictions placed on owners who chose not to be courteous to others. And, like I said we who do not travel with animals should be on petless floors. And that IS a management issue. (BTW: I love dogs and have traveled for many years with poodles. We put them in carriers, so they did not disturb others.) Either way, the walls/doors were paper thin. Periodically, we smelled cigarette smoke so strong, it seemed like someone was smoking in the room. Other noise included slamming doors and late night loud guests.
Filth: The first day, I found hair on my sheets...the manger came and helped me change them. I gave her the benefit of a doubt. She thought static in the sheets was the problem. The pillow case she brought had a torn out seam. Two of our towels were torn and dingy. For 3 days I looked at the same 3 pieces of dry dog food on the entry way floor in my room. There was mold on the white lining of the drapes. As an aside, she tucked the pillow under her chin to put the case on!!! That is Ok at your house but not in hotels and hospitals!!!
Maintenance: The back exit door would not open with anyone's card. The frig in my room never got cold. After I asked someone to look at it, I found all he did was adjust the temp. It never did get cold. When I commented on it, someone at the desk was curt and said he'd have it switched out...like I was the imposition. (Maybe they didn't like me because I asked them to change the sheets and do something about the dogs.)
In the past, I would have just checked out and found another place. Unfortunately, I was not in a position to do that this time. I won't make that same mistake. If my first impression is poor, it probably won't get much better. The measure of customer service is not how nice you can be when things are going well and no one complains...it is how proactive, courteous and willing to really fix issues when there are problems.
I booked through Travelocity...Neither the Hotel or Agency asked for my feedback.

Room Tip: Maybe there is a "dog-free" floor. I never thought to ask.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 346Traveler
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

when we needed a place to stay this hotel came in perfectly
i will always return to this place anytime i am near or in need for now on
family loved it and places to eat are right next door so it works perfectly for travel and local needs

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Hotel was easy access to shopping and highway. Staff was very friendly. Denise was great at check in and departure. Breakfast was good,bed very comfortable. Room was clean and quite, just what I was looking for. The price was very reasonable! A real plus!
We will recommend this hotel to others traveling in the Allen area. Enjoyed our stay and will stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LaQuinta H, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your review! Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will make sure and let Denise know that she did a great job!

We are glad you found your room to be clean and quite.. We strive to be the best in industry and we take pride in our property.

We appreciate you reccomending our hotel to others and look forward in having you back the next time your travel needs bring you to Allen.

Take Care!
Angie Mago
Regional Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allen
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center
Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen
Courtyard Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen
Quality Inn Allen - Plano East
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
#2 of 16 in McKinney

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village? Share your experiences!