Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had a reward certificate expiring soon, so decided to stay in my hometown. It was a chance to explore the nearby restaurants and shopping stores. The hotel facility is beautiful inside and out. It is well maintained and in excellent conditon. Staff was courteous and gracious. My room was on a high floor with a balcony. Parking was plentiful, although I believe I stayed on a low occupancy night. I will definetly stay again and recommend my friends to this hotel when they visit. Although I live in town, I felt like I was in another city miles away. And that is exactly what i wanted.

Room Tip: If an event is going on at the adjacent Center, I would request a higher floor to escape the noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the great service that you received during your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas-Allen. Your comments will be passed to our staff members. At the Courtyard we are excited you felt you were somewhere else completely and you chose us for your free certificate. The Village shopping area is certanly worthy to experience and explore. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and we welcome the opportunity of serving you once again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I ended up in this hotel by accident - had a reservation at a Fairfield, which was overbooked, and they sent me to this Courtyard. Sorry Fairfield, you lost a customer. Hands down, this Courtyard property is better. Better location, easy access to 121 and 75, very well maintained property, courteous staff, nice gym and pool, covered parking nearby, ample room, well appointed, everything in good working order. Very good cost/benefit. Worth alternative in NE Dallas region.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the great service that you received during your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas-Allen. Your comments will be passed to our staff members. We are excited you found our ammenities and hotel outsdanding. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and we welcome the opportunity of serving you once again in the future!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed the weekend of Oct. 11th-13th. The hotel was very nice as a first impression. Parking was limited in the parking lot but there is a free parking garage right next door. This hotel is close to many shops, stores, restaurants and an Outlet Mall across the highway.

The front desk staff was very energetic except for the guy who helped me. He barely said two words to me. The woman next to him "sounded" awesome. She was telling other guests checking in everything about what the hotel had to offer. My guy barely looked up at me.

We were on the 3rd floor and never heard any other guests coming in or out of their rooms. The rooms were standard and felt very clean. I did appreciate having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Housekeeping was outstanding. They cleaned our rooms early in the day. It was nice to come back to a clean hotel room at noon!

The hotel has an indoor pool but we didn't use it. They have a really nice atrium with lots of seating. They also have a space called "Theater" where you could sit and watch TV. Some guests were in this area watching football. It was a nice amenity.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Room Tip: We weren't offered a balcony but my friend was asked what floor she wanted to stay on and if she...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the great service that you received during your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Dallas-Allen.
We love having a covered garage for our guests and the fact that there are plenty of places and things to do near us. I am sorry our Front Desk employee was not as friendly as the other lady but I will make sure everybody at the desk is offering our refreshing service.
I am so glad you found your room quiet, clean and spacious. Your comments will be passed to our staff members, especially Housekeeping.
we pride ourselves in our social spaces to make our guests feel more comfortable.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and we welcome the opportunity of serving you once again in the future!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed that this location at the end of June. As a family of 4 it was perfect. Great room with fridge and microwave. Awesome pool and hot-tub which never ran out of clean towels. Parking garage directly across the parking lot of the hotel. From the arrival the front desk staff were polite and accommodating; especially Kori when we needed to print some documents for our trip to Six Flags. There is an In-N-Out Burger directly across the street which placed me in heaven for the week long stay. There is a restaurant with plenty of choices, snack market also with excellent choices, and an outdoor fireplace. The Hotel sits on the same location as an event center, multiple shopping locations, and withing a half mile a Target. Across the street is another shopping center with multiple choices such as JC Penney and Dillards with a play area for children. About a quarter mile away is an outlet mall for Nike, Movado, Coach, etc. Not only was our room clean but so was the entire hotel. This is the second Courtyard we have stayed at but we have also stayed at the Residence Inn, Springhill, and Renaissance and referably we will be staying at a Courtyard and if possible at this location when in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side are near the parking garage which helps me as I like to keep an eye on our ne...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We've passed by this hotel when in Allen shopping many times and thought what a nice place it would be to stay and shop sometime. Let me just say we were very surprised and disappointed. To start it all off, I booked the hotel online for a king bedroom with a sofa bed as we were traveling with our children. When we checked in, they sent us to our room and upon entering we discovered black hair under the covers and 2 big circles of head grease on the head board. The windows had handprints all over them and the room smelled musty. My husband went back to the front desk and alerted them about the situation. They offered to come clean the room or put us in another one. We chose to be moved as we had all our things there and didn't want to leave it all while someone cleaned in there. They assigned us to another room on the same floor and it ended up being an accessible room with a king bed and a chair. No room for our kids to sleep. The kids and I waited in the hallway while my husband made yet another trip to the front desk. He came back with room keys but they had put the wrong room number on the cards so they wouldn't work. Needless to say it took about 5 trips to the front to finally get into a room and that ended up being a 2 queen bedded room which worked out but wasn't what we'd booked. Things were reasonably quiet around the hotel. Lots of shopping within walking distance, all kinds of restaurants and things to do. Well lit complimentary parking and pretty courtyards to relax in. The pool area was clean but burned our eyes with chlorine. The hot tub was clean as well but not as hot as most we've been in at other hotels. The workout area needed some updating as it was sort of run down. We ate breakfast in the Bistro in the lobby as it was included in our package and it was just average. The bill was about $50 but being included in our package we didn't pay that out of pocket. Definitely wasn't worth that. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. That was a plus and we enjoyed the shopping. The morning we left, 2 of their 3 elevators quit working. They ended up allowing some to use the housekeeping elevators until things were fixed. Several guests around us in line questioned using the stairs as the wait became ridiculous but they insisted we didn't use the stairs? It just didn't seem like they cared that much about making sure their guests were completely satisfied there. We always appreciate the cleanliness of hotel rooms and the extra friendly staff members when we travel. We made it fine for 1 night but will most likely stay somewhere else next time. Just disappointed!

Room Tip: A high level room will get you a better view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is a newer Marriott Courtyard a couple of blocks from the Allen Outlet Mall. The location is great. Not only is the hotel near the outlet mall, it is also across the street from a conventional mall as well. The hotel itself is decorated very well with a lot of vibrant colors. The front desk staff members are polite, but not overly friendly. Upon arrival, the front desk area was cluttered with various items (bags, boxes), etc. My concern with this hotel is the parking. The hotel only offers a few parking spaces. Once the spaces are filled, guests are required to park across the street in a parking garage. The garage parking is free, but I did not like parking in the garage late at night with a small child.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TRAVEL4FUNGLOBAL
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Have stayed at this hotel 3 times, in a regular room, and in suites. The hotel is very consistently clean and well staffed. The courtyard is pretty. It is very convenient to be able to walk over to the Convention Center. Also, there are multiple good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Our dog traveled with us and was always welcomed there.

Parking is readily available near the hotel or in the parking garage.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allen
Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
#2 of 16 in McKinney
Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen
Hyatt Place Dallas/Allen

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center

Address: 210 E Stacy Rd, Allen, TX 75002-8732
Region: United States > Texas > Allen
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Allen
#5 Family Hotel in Allen
Price Range: £94 - £157 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center 3*
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center sits conveniently where Hwy 75 and Stacy Road connect, in The Village at Allen. Our Allen, Texas hotel offers 228 guest rooms and suites, plus more than 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with opportunities to hold conferences and banquets here. Stay with us and enjoy a vibrant and inviting lobby with flexible spaces to work or relax. Eat breakfast and have evening cocktails at The Bistro restaurant at our hotel, and easily get to all of the top destinations in Allen and Dallas, including The Allen Events Center located next door and local corporations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Dallas Allen At The John q Hammons Hotel Allen