Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Houston, Texas
“Courtyard to the Core”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I can always depend on Courtyard to give me a great room. I got a room with a balcony...didn't use it because I was here for business..but the idea was cool.
This hotel has the typical nice people who wait on you at Courtyards and wonderful rooms.
The hotel is around shops , shops, and more shops. And then there is food, and more food places.
It's two skips and a hop to the freeway and easy in and out.
There's a Target and Whole Foods also very very close.

Negative: The towels were dingy....not white ....and very noticable

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas-Allen. It was nice to hear that our staff, rooms, location, and area ammenities made your trip a success.

I will pass along your comments about our towels to Housekeeping so they can take care of it.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future!

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed 17 November 2013

For several years, I have stayed at the Allen Texas Courtyard by Marriott. Early on, I gave this hotel a fairly high (4-star) rating. Indeed, this was the first Courtyard I'd ever stayed at and I was very pleased. Subsequently, I've stayed at other Courtyards and their overall consistency and excellence has been appreciated. Returning to Allen, Texas for a recent meeting I returned of course to the Courtyard here and was sadly disappointed at the reduction in standards and services. Among the problems: two of the three dresser drawers contained extra bedding, leaving a single drawer for clothes. Second, no in-room safe, which is true for all Courtyards, a little but not critical annoyance. On the other hand, every room has a small microwave and refrigerator. Third, there has always been courtesy coffee in the lobby in the morning. Sadly, the courtesy coffee, found in most hotels these days, has disappeared; so, for morning coffee it's overpriced Starbucks in the lobby restaurant/coffee bar or the two bakeries and coffee shops adjacent to the Courtyard. Why no coffee in the lobby? Not clear. Admittedly, there was in-room instant coffee, but every hotel seems to have this amenity. Not good enough. Fourth, in-room heating / air-conditioning was not working properly, resulting in a unit which blasted out cold air despite the thermostat setting; cold outside, cold inside. Reporting the malfunctioning unit to the front desk did no good and was not fixed during my stay. Fifth, the fitted bottom sheet on the bed was, well, not fitted. Minor annoyance but not the kind of excellence one would expect from a Courtyard. On the good side, USA Today and Wall Street Journal available at no charge; excellent desk staff as always; clean rooms; excellent lighting; comfortable beds; a surplus of pillows (I don't need five pillows, but having lots of pillows are "in"); free wifi, HDTVs in all rooms. But, given the negatives for this otherwise outstanding hotel, they're now a two-star until things improve. Start with the morning coffee and fix the in-room ac/heat.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas-Allen. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get.

Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our guest service. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an email to dora.dillow@jqh.com so we may address it with you directly.

Bentonville, AR
Reviewed 12 November 2013

With its proximity to the Allen Events Center, this Courtyard breaks the mold of conventional Marrito chains. The lobby is big and expansive with a a nice size breakfast area. Convenient to the Allen Outlets and a short drive into Plano, the location is ideal if you don't need to stay in the city. The rooms are standard fare for Courtyard, up to the four drop on a leaf print that adorns every Courtyard bathroom in the US. The beds still don't comapre to full fare Marriotts or those at Doubletree. Great value overall.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We are happy to hear about your positive experience with our location, lobby, room and social spaces. We appreciate your business and are happy that you feel our hotel was a good value.
Best Regards & Safe Travels,
Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was at this hotel for a wedding and what a great hotel for the price. The room are a great size and some have balconies, be sure to ask for one. The hotel is fairly new and has a restaurant and lounge. It is close to the outlet mall and there are so many bars & restaurants right around it to walk to. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas-Allen. It was nice to hear that our price, ammenities and location made your trip a success. We love hosting weddings at our property! Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future!

Allen, Texas
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had a reward certificate expiring soon, so decided to stay in my hometown. It was a chance to explore the nearby restaurants and shopping stores. The hotel facility is beautiful inside and out. It is well maintained and in excellent conditon. Staff was courteous and gracious. My room was on a high floor with a balcony. Parking was plentiful, although I believe I stayed on a low occupancy night. I will definetly stay again and recommend my friends to this hotel when they visit. Although I live in town, I felt like I was in another city miles away. And that is exactly what i wanted.

Room Tip: If an event is going on at the adjacent Center, I would request a higher floor to escape the noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the great service that you received during your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas-Allen. Your comments will be passed to our staff members. At the Courtyard we are excited you felt you were somewhere else completely and you chose us for your free certificate. The Village shopping area is certanly worthy to experience and explore. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and we welcome the opportunity of serving you once again in the future!
Brazil
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I ended up in this hotel by accident - had a reservation at a Fairfield, which was overbooked, and they sent me to this Courtyard. Sorry Fairfield, you lost a customer. Hands down, this Courtyard property is better. Better location, easy access to 121 and 75, very well maintained property, courteous staff, nice gym and pool, covered parking nearby, ample room, well appointed, everything in good working order. Very good cost/benefit. Worth alternative in NE Dallas region.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the great service that you received during your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas-Allen. Your comments will be passed to our staff members. We are excited you found our ammenities and hotel outsdanding. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and we welcome the opportunity of serving you once again in the future!
Houston
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed the weekend of Oct. 11th-13th. The hotel was very nice as a first impression. Parking was limited in the parking lot but there is a free parking garage right next door. This hotel is close to many shops, stores, restaurants and an Outlet Mall across the highway.

The front desk staff was very energetic except for the guy who helped me. He barely said two words to me. The woman next to him "sounded" awesome. She was telling other guests checking in everything about what the hotel had to offer. My guy barely looked up at me.

We were on the 3rd floor and never heard any other guests coming in or out of their rooms. The rooms were standard and felt very clean. I did appreciate having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Housekeeping was outstanding. They cleaned our rooms early in the day. It was nice to come back to a clean hotel room at noon!

The hotel has an indoor pool but we didn't use it. They have a really nice atrium with lots of seating. They also have a space called "Theater" where you could sit and watch TV. Some guests were in this area watching football. It was a nice amenity.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Room Tip: We weren't offered a balcony but my friend was asked what floor she wanted to stay on and if she...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the great service that you received during your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Dallas-Allen.
We love having a covered garage for our guests and the fact that there are plenty of places and things to do near us. I am sorry our Front Desk employee was not as friendly as the other lady but I will make sure everybody at the desk is offering our refreshing service.
I am so glad you found your room quiet, clean and spacious. Your comments will be passed to our staff members, especially Housekeeping.
we pride ourselves in our social spaces to make our guests feel more comfortable.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and we welcome the opportunity of serving you once again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allen
Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen
Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
#2 of 16 in McKinney
La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center

Property: Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
Address: 210 E Stacy Rd, Allen, TX 75002-8732
Region: United States > Texas > Allen
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Allen
#5 Family Hotel in Allen
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center 3*
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center sits conveniently where Hwy 75 and Stacy Road connect, in The Village at Allen. Our Allen, Texas hotel offers 228 guest rooms and suites, plus more than 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with opportunities to hold conferences and banquets here. Stay with us and enjoy a vibrant and inviting lobby with flexible spaces to work or relax. Eat breakfast and have evening cocktails at The Bistro restaurant at our hotel, and easily get to all of the top destinations in Allen and Dallas, including The Allen Events Center located next door and local corporations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Dallas Allen At The John q Hammons Hotel Allen