Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
US$126
US$128
US$108
Homewood
Hyatt Place Dallas/Allen(Allen)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$104
US$75
US$73
Priceline
US$113
US$103
TripAdvisor
La Quinta Inn & Suites McKinney(McKinney)(Great Value!)
US$95
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskfire pitparking garageallen event centerlimited parkingwithin walking distanceconvention centeroutlet mallfavorite hotelshopping and restaurantswhole foodsindoor poolright next doorhave stayed here several timeshalf milelocation is greatvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Moments before arriving just before sundown at the hotel at the Stacy Road off ramp, I blew a tire. U.S. 75 is under construction for miles leading to the Stacy Road exit and the road is a genuine mogul course. However, I was able to nurse my car the short distance from the off ramp to the hotel. My tire--brand new by the way--was unrepairable. After changing the tire in a cold, stiff wind, I went to the front desk to determine retail tire outlets in the immediate area, particularly since my spare tire was also under-pressured. I was surprised that the desk couldn't quickly point me to such a place or research it. However, the front desk clerk did tell me about a nearby convenience store gasoline station where I could pressurize my spare. As it turned out, I never found the convenience store but on the way found a Firestone outlet which was precisely what I needed in the first place.

Since car emergencies happen all the time, I recommended that the hotel have at least a few recommendations handy should guests request them.

That aside, Courtyard by Marriott remains my favorite hotel. They always provide thoughtful accommodations.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

I’m glad you found our facility and accomodations to be on par with Marriott's standards . Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and your recommendations for the Front Desk. They help us improve our services. We welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future!

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We arrived for three days around Christmas to visit family. Staff is very friendly and professional. Nader checked us in and gave us a room on the 9th floor with a view to the North: you could see as far as the horizon. Lobby has a great gas fireplace! Beds are comfortable and hotel is immaculate. Kevin was working the desk on Christmas Eve and he was also very friendly, helpful and professional. It's not an expensive hotel, but they treat you like royalty. Best hotel value I've gotten in Texas. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I get my choice!

Room Tip: Room 911 is extra large and has a view to the north. The pillows are too fluffy and compress flat: neither my wife nor I found them comfortable. You might want to bring your own! Other than that, the place was perfect.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Analog T
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us during the holidays. I am so excited you loved out staff and amenities. I will share your wonderful comments with our team. I am honored you have placed us above all other hotels here in Texas.

We look foward to serve you again in the future!

Sincerely

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed three nights and were very pleased with this hotel. It has a very elegant, yet comfortable feel and the staff is friendly and helpful. We particularly enjoyed the spacious indoor pool and fitness center. The kids enjoyed the well-stocked pantry. The location is outstanding. There is a large variety of dining, retail, and entertainment within walking distance. It's ideal for a leisurely 3-day weekend or to catch an event at the adjacent event center.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time and the service at the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas-Allen as well the surrounding Village shopping area. We certainly appreciate your repeat business and hope to see you again soon for your next stay in Allen!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed 3 nights while visiting family in the area... 5 stars for this home away from home. The front desk staff were professional as expected at a marriott. Evening service in the bar was hard to come by and had way too many TVs blaring noise away....no one watching them! We ran back to the peace of our suite. Lots of cozy indoor and outdoor seating to get away from room weather permitting. A heated indoor pool and hot tub. Morning beverages at Starbucks good. A quick jaunt across the side street are 2 more coffee joints, a wine and beer store and shopping is ALL around the hotel within 2 minutes...walk to some even. Well lit parking free.

Room Tip: Choose a suite for extra opulence for only a few dollars more.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Your comments will be passed to the Front Desk members. Thank you for selecting the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas-Allen!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was our third stay at this property and I must say, if it had been our first we would not have returned.

The room was not clean, as soon as you stepped into the door it reeked of stagnate beer; in the bathroom the complementary shampoo, condition, lotion…was all used, yes, two lotions (no conditioner), and shampoo all used, crusted and dirty…really…who leaves a room like that…?! The A/C unit smelt of burnt…something, EVERY time it kicked on, and the wifi was ridiculously slow; essentially no-existent. I was NOT able to complete my work the wifi was so bad.

I’m a Platinum member with Marriott and a Diamond member with Hilton; I stay in hotels far more than I’d like; this hotel was by far the worst experience I’ve had in what is supposed to be a premier hotel in the Allen area.

I don’t know if the decline in service is due to a change in hotel management/housekeeping supervision/maintenance supervision… whatever the cause the fact is this hotel is losing integrity; management is allowing this premier hotel to turn into a Super 8.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas-Allen. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get.

Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our guest service. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an email to dora.dillow@jqh.com so we may address it with you directly.