“very nice for a Courtyard”

Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Allen
eastern US
“very nice for a Courtyard”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel while I was in the area for business. For a Courtyard, it was upscale and nice. My room was average size and in good shape. Basic internet is free. There is a medium-sized fitness room and a small pool, and a coffee shop for a light breakfast. The location is right off a highway, and there are lots of stores and chain restaurants close by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very convenient to food, shopping & Central Expressway. I would definitely stay here again. Our room was clean, as was the rest of the hotel. Our room overlooked the courtyard.

We did not eat there, so cannot comment on that.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carla H
Emory, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The lobby is beautiful. The front desk is small but the service is excellent. Close to shopping and lots of food. Right off of Central Expressway. Quite inside but bustling outside. Very nice hotel and priced right.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Klucas58,

Thank you for reviewing our property in Tripadvisor. It is because of guest like you who share their experiences that we can continue to improve our services and amenities.

I am very excited that you found our lobby beautiful. It certainly differs from other style Courtyards and it has a modern vibe. I am more excited with the fact the our Front Desk service was excellent. I will share your comments with my team to keep them motivated.

Our location has a lot of options to enjoy around the Village for shopping and eating as well as entertainment. We are very close the highway and our prices are similar to the hotels in the city.

We will love to serve you in the future and we hope you continue to choose us for all your accommodations in the area.

Saint Charles Missouri
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I just returned from staying at the Marriott Allen today.
It is in a great location, food not bad, but the carpet in the hallways of the room floors are so dirty its all you can look at coming out of your room.
Never once in the 4 days I stayed there did I hear a vaccum at all!!
They have them on the cleaning carts but never use them.
I sneezed all night and this morning and was glad to leave.
What is it now with hotels using a lint roller instead of a vaccum cleaner??
Other options in Dallas, this place.
Oh, and the towels are so old they are paper thin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Antique55,

I would like to thank you for your review in Tripadvisor. This will allow us to continue improving our services and amenities for the future.

I am glad that you enjoyed our location as well as our Bistro food options during your stay. I am sorry that the condition of our carpets in the hallways as well as the towels was not up to your standards. I have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper so that we can address these issues inmediately and they can be corrected.

Thank you for your patience and we can only ask that you would give us another opportunity to offer better service in the future.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is the second time I stayed at this location. the first time, everything went well but I did not use any of the special services. This time, I did. There were no clean towels in the work out room which is very small, three treadmills and one was broken. The pool was nice and clean but no clean towels for guest. The hot tub was not very hot and had so much chlorine it burned my eyes. We went to happy hour. I ordered a lemon drop martini and my husband ordered a red wine. The bartender did not tell us neither was on their special menu. instead of paying $6.00 for a 4 ounce serving of wine, we were charged $12. Instead of $5.75 for a four ounce serving we were charged $7.75. I think the bartender should have informed us what we were ordering was not part of happy hour when we specifically told her that is why we were there. I was very disappointed in the overall quality of the room. It appears they are cutting but quantity and quality of service. I called the front desk and housekeeping for additional towels and shampoo but there was no answer so I went to the desk myself.

Room Tip: ask in advance for what floor, view you would like.
Green Features: The towels were rough!!! need new ones. I can understand washing less often but for the price of the room, should have better quality.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Janice4400,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us in Tripadvisor. I relaly appreciate your comments as they will help us improve our services and amenities.

Please allow me to apologize for your unpleasant experience during your stay. We should have had towels available or at least bring some more if they were all in use. Also, I am sorry for the misundertanding at the bar. I will be sure to follow up with my team and pass your comments along to ur team members.

Again, thank you for your feedback as we can only improve with the help of our valued guest. We hope that you stay with us the next time you are in the Allen area.

Copperas Cove, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed 2 days from Sunday to Tuesday and this was one of the nicest Marriott's we have stayed at. The room was top notch. The breakfast was the best I've had at a Marriott. High ratings all around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cnkfox,

Thank you for reviewing our property in Tripadvisor.

We are very excited that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I will share your comments about breakfast with our Bistro team and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Thank you for staying at our property.

Guest Services Manager
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

First off, this hotel is excellent.

We came to Dallas for business but wanted to add a trip to the outlet mall while we were here. After searching for hotels in Allen on Friday for a stay that night, our choices were very limited.

The courtyard was a little on our pricey side so I wasn't thrilled about that but we got a deal that added breakfast with our stay.
(I say pricey because we were not going to check in until close to 9pm)

Our check in was easy. Edna was extremely friendly.

The hotel is nice. The lobby is pretty. There are so many cozy inside lounge areas. There's a lounge area with a tv.
They also have a bistro and an area by the desk that sells food and drinks.

Our room was clean and good sized. Two queen beds, desk area, and sitting chair.
Bathroom was clean and plenty of height on the shower head. The "hot" water was lovely.

After check in,we went to the pool. (closes at 10) The pool was nice sized. Both hot tub and pool were clean. Plenty of tables and chairs to sit in. And an ample supply off towels. There was also a handicap accessible pool chair.

The hotel is in a perfect location for shipping! There is a mall across the street and the outlet mall is one block away. I can see it from my room window.

There is an IN-N-OUT burger very close that is open until 1am.
But, there are MANY restaurants with in walking distance. I did not feel we were in an unsafe area.

After seeing the hotel and surroundings, the price of the hotel was worth how conveniently close it is to everything.I wish we could have arrived earlier to walk around and explore.

Our breakfast ticket was served at the bistro. There are several items to choose from. Our kids loved the French toast and couldn't finish it all. We opted for the healthy start sandwich. We personally didn't care for it. The eggs were cold on both of them. (Maybe they are served this way?)

I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
DORA D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Fatmommacat,

Thank you for such complete and detailed review of our property in Tripadvisor. We appreciate the time and effort it took on your part.

We are delighted that you found our hotel to be excellent! That particular day most of the hotels in the area were full and I am glad you were able to book with us.

Edna is one of rock starts at the Desk. She was here almost since we opened. I am glad that she keeps demostrating customer service attention after so many years with us.

Our lobby and public spaces reflect the new style of Courtyards, with a lot of sitting and social options for our guests. I particularly love our fireplace and library section as well as our enclosed Courtyard.

We offer dinner and dirnks as well as breakfast in our Bistro and I love the mobile desks in our rooms.

Our pool and hot tub is nice to enjoy year round. The view is particularly amazing in winter when the snow accumulates ouside.

Our location is excellent. We have a lot of restaurants, shopping and things to do within the the Village. We even have a pet park!

I am so happy you found our value competitive and finally, that you enjoyed your breakfast at our Bistro so much.

We hope to see you around anytime you come to the city of Allen!

Guest Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allen
Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Allen at The Village
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
#2 of 16 in McKinney
Homewood Suites Dallas/Allen
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center

Property: Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center
Address: 210 E Stacy Rd, Allen, TX 75002-8732
Region: United States > Texas > Allen
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Allen
#5 Family Hotel in Allen
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center 3*
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q Hammons Center sits conveniently where Hwy 75 and Stacy Road connect, in The Village at Allen. Our Allen, Texas hotel offers 228 guest rooms and suites, plus more than 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with opportunities to hold conferences and banquets here. Stay with us and enjoy a vibrant and inviting lobby with flexible spaces to work or relax. Eat breakfast and have evening cocktails at The Bistro restaurant at our hotel, and easily get to all of the top destinations in Allen and Dallas, including The Allen Events Center located next door and local corporations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Dallas Allen At The John q Hammons Hotel Allen