“Excellent Service from Nadya and great Sushi”

The Blue Fish Allen
Ranked #39 of 249 Restaurants in Allen
Price range: US$25 - US$32
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bethany and Watters
Description: ...The opposite of a quiet, intimate sushi bar, the Blue Fish is enormous, loud, stylish and good. Where else can you find a signature roll called El Cubano ($9.50)? It's spicy pork, jalapeno, cilantro, Jalapeno pepper and carrots, with a sweet and spicy sauce. What's most refreshing here is that the menu is all Japanese -- no Thai food to confuse the palate. And to be honest, sushi purists will find plenty to keep them interested. Live specials such as Spanish mackarel, Sea Urchin, Live Hottate(scallop), Black Bass, mirugai (giant clam) and much more.Order the Ahi Tower to see just how well the kitchen can plate. It's tuna tartar and sesame oil over snow crab and avocado salad on a bed of wasabi infused rice. It's almost tragic to watch the server destroy this architectural marvel table-side to make it easier to eat. The "cake" portion of spicy tuna on crispy rice cakes in uzu and garlic sauce. It's delicious...
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We were at another Dallas Blue Fish several days ago and had great Tempura dishes. This Blue Fish at Watters Creek Mall is close to our hotel, but this time we decided to just have sushi plus the Ahi Tuna Tower and Salmon Sashimi.
- the Blue Fish Sushi, very fresh salmon, tasted a little bland
- Tiger Eye Sushi, looks great, the Tempura Centre was nicely crunchy, the sauce perhaps slightly on the sweet side.
- Mega Lobster Sushi, great presentation, tasty and crunchy sushi, best amongst our sushi choices.
Our server was a nice, young lady, Nadya. She was friendly and attentive during the whole of our dinner. She also bought our dishes to our table one by one without rushing us to finish each dish. Thank you Nadya.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

We went here late on a Sunday afternoon, and it was not crowded. I do not know if they were understaffed, but service was slow. As in, it took a while to order our drinks, and it took longer to receive them. My order came about 20 minutes before my daughter's- the waiter came over twice and said the kitchen overlooked it- and it would be right out. He apologized, but that was it. I ordered another drink- and it was about 10 minutes until that was received. The food was good- but I am apprehensive to return- based upon the spotty service.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Great prices at Happy Hour and excellent quick service at the bar. Sushi and sashimi are all very good here. Love the Mini Towers too.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

We came here with family while on vacation, and had never visited a Blue Fish restaurant before. I wasn't terribly excited because I do not like sushi, and I'm not a big fish person in general. We started with some summer rolls, edamame, and fried shrimp, all of which were good. I decided to try to the shrimp and vegetable tempura with fried rice for my meal, and it was very good. But, it was HUGE. I could easily have split it with someone else. My son also did the tempura and he enjoyed it. Others in our party did the sushi and they loved it. We were all super stuffed at the end of the meal! But, it was very good. Would definitely return. The only downside for this location is the parking. If there's nothing on the street, you have to walk a little way to get to the closest parking lot.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

I read Ken's review and decided to try The Blue Fish in Allen. I was disappointed, to say the least. As suggested, I sat at the bar for Happy Hour. I was totally ignored for nearly 10 minutes at a bar only half full. My margarita was so so. I ordered very basic rolls -California and Avocado. They tasted like I'd bought them from a convenience store! I had to request ginger and wasabi. However, others at the bar seemed to be genuinely enjoying their attention and service, food, and drinks (mostly wine). I will not return, and I will not recommend the place because they apparently do not value all customers.

Been to The Blue Fish Allen? Share your experiences!