“great nightlife driving range and bar”
Review of TopGolf Allen

TopGolf Allen
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Allen
More attraction details
Owner description: Topgolf is the premier golf entertainment complex where the competition of sport meets your favorite local hangout. Challenge your friends and family to addictive point-scoring golf games that anyone can play year-round. Score even bigger with Topgolf's extensive food and beverage menu that is sure to impress even the pickiest foodies.
Dallas, TX
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“great nightlife driving range and bar”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

fun spot , gotta try it if you like golf! Get a few friends together and go. You will be up high , have a regular driving range experience, with your own table and waitress and a huge view of a huge driving range. Good food and rockin music makes for a fun evening with friends.

Dallas, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“wow, what a quick downhill slide to terrible”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Ok, so not much has changed, brilliant concept, anyone with any skill level can play this game, but WTH happened? Suddenly the service is HORRIBLE, not just bad, HORRIBLE. Having to wait while 7 or so high school kids talk amongst themselves as you have to check into 2 stations sets the tone.

Once we got our spot a waitress is on us instantly asking for a drink order. Umm, ok, can we see a menu? Place our orders, warm up and begin. No longer pay-per-game, it's no on a clock. $60 for 90 minutes for 2 people. Dang, that makes bowling alleys look cheap!

Well a game later and we don't have our drinks. 2 other booths are sat and have drinks. I go to the bar, find our waitress and she begins on how busy she is, they sat a really big table ho all wanted drinks, etc. (she has on a tray in her hands). Ok, someone else brings the drinks. Later some guy zips by, drops off my food order and disappears while we're playing. Umm, did anyone think to bring a plate? silverware? water? a napkin? ketchup? NOPE! Well, our waitress will be by soon, right? NOPE! I go back to the bar and get my own stuff. By now the food is cold and I couldn't tell if it was any good or not. My son said the cheese fries sucked compared to last time and my burger was just ok.

Lastly, I get my bill without so much as an apology, a 'sorry' or a discount. For the first time in decades, I left no tip.

Thankfully, the $60 game and $30 food sapped my players card so I will never have to go back. Too bad. I've been bragging on this place since it opened. No more. Top Golf is a rip off, and the service SUCKS.

Visited October 2013
7 Thank noleintx
Shaun S, Director of Digital Marketing at TopGolf Allen, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
noleintx, thank you for your candid feedback about your and your son's recent TopGolf Allen experience. Your comments have been shared with both our CEO and TopGolf Allen's Director of Operations. Guest hospitality is a top priority for us, and we hate to know that we have disappointed you. We would like to get some more information from you so we may address your concerns internally with our team and also invite you and your son back to our facility for a better experience. Will you kindly send us your information by emailing feedback@topgolf.com? Thank you!
Dallas, Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Fun and pricey”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

The concept is great: change the stuffy image of golf and introduce it to families, kids, old and young in an entertaining and lively atmosphere. I get it and love the idea. In fact, I like the free clubs when you get your booth. The food is good, service is friendly and it's very popular, cool looking place too. The annoying part is the video pay screen/game selection screen. Most people these days are computer literate but these screens are frustrating and I've been there 3 times. There are many "games" to choose from but we still haven't figured out what the purpose of each game or how one game differs from another. An explanation would help (if it's on the screen, then please help us). The servers are always helpful and do it for us but it is still not very intuitive. Music is good, video of sports at each station good, drinks or buckets of beer all done in a classy way. The place is top notch, even if you go and don't hit a few balls, it's got a cool "sports bar" atmosphere inside.

Abilene, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

One of the most fun things I have ever done. Golfers or non golfers will love this place. Everyone from the kids to Grandpa will have fun. The electronic driving range is just part of the fun. There's food and drink all brought to you by a staff member. You can even just watch the people your with and still have a blast. Go early in the morning for the best price.

Allen, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is a popular spot for golfers and aspiring golfers. ou can play games with their special golf balls while practicing your swing.

Visited December 2012