“Friendly Little Home Away From Home”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Allen
A TripAdvisor Member
“Friendly Little Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 15 October 2004

I came down to Texas to visit a friend, and this was the ONLY hotel in the city besides a cheesy Amerihost motel. I was VERY impressed with the Texas hospitality and the way the staff made me feel welcome. I was told to call to the front desk if I needed anything and I did forget my toothbrush, so they gave me one for free. You need to know, in NY, NOTHING is EVER free. I am certain it would have cost me atleast an additional $10-$12 dollars to my bill there, but in Allen they are more happy for me to have oral hygiene than to run up my bill. James, the hotel manager, is professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and very accomodating. I appreciate ALL of his info about the surrounding areas, and his sense of pride & professionalism in his job. I know I will be back in the area again in the coming months and although I thought I would look into other places to stay, I now know that the Allen Hilton Garden Inn is where I will continue to lodge when I am in the area.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
HGI Allen D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Allen, responded to this review, 8 July 2015
Dear trip advisor member,

As the new GM of this Hilton Garden Inn in Allen, I am going thru ALL comments from our past guests. I appreciate you taking the time to make your fellow travelers aware of your experience here in Allen, Tx, and to let you know that even more than 10 years later- your review still matters!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 June 2004

I was very disappointed with what happened to my son and his new bride on June 26,2004. I had reserved a room for them at the Hilton Garden Inn in Allen, Tx for one night and paid by credit card. I asked to make sure that the bill would be paid for in full on my card, since this was a gift. I did not want them to have to pay anything out of pocket. I was told that everything was taken care of.

Much to my surprise at 10:30 pm on that evening, my son calls me and says that they cannot have their room, they need my credit card. Needless to say, I was not happy. My son and his new bride did not have a credit card with them and had to drive to another city to get my credit card.

They did FINALLY get into their room. They said the room was nice, but never received their sparkling wine as was promised. They were told that it would be brought to them, but never got it. It was not the ending to their wedding day that they had expected. I felt so sorry for them knowing the day that they had just had and now having to go through a great hassel to get into their room.

I know that this was just a one night visit before they left for their honeymoon, but I think that we will not be choosing Hilton Garden Inn in the future for rooms needed.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear trip advisor member,

I am the new GM at the Hilton Garden Inn Allen and was going thru all our guest comments and realized that you were never responded to. It's 11 years later and for that I am extremely sorry, this was the worst night to have made a mistake, on your son's wedding night! Please give me a call at your earliest convenience, I have an idea I'd like to discuss with you on trying to make this right!
214-547-1700 x2133
Allen, TX
Reviewed 2 April 2004

I live about five minutes away from this hotel but my husband and I spent a night there last year as an overnight getaway. The rooms are spacious, the service friendly and we were particularly impressed with the breakfast the next morning. Allen doesn't have a lot in the way of comfortable lodging and the Hilton Garden Inn definitely fills that void!

5 Thank sahdoggiemom
sahdoggiemom,

How often is that that you hear from someone 11 years later! I am the new GM here and wanted to make sure that ALL our guests are appreciated for their time. Of course there are many more options since your response, however we still take pride in knowing that we were the first branded Hotel in Allen and we have never changed our flag, ownership or management Company and that means consistency in what you expect out of a Hilton product!
Thanks for the great review!
Reviewed 4 February 2004

I've stayed at this hotel m-f for consecutive weeks while working in the area. I found it to be comfortable, clean, and the staff friendly. The down side ... there was no complimentary breakfast and the breakfast they did have was comparitively expensive (but good).

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Trip advisor member,

We are reaching out to some of our former guests to thank you for your loyalty and to remind you how much we appreciate you!