“Hampton Inn (Allen, TX)”

Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Allen
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Clean rooms and courteous staff. The pool and gym are a bit small but I did not use any of these services so there was no issue for me personally. One issue that anooyed me was the internet connection which varied during the entire stay. I will be returning to this Hotel again during my next stay in Allen.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton D, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Blaise S,

Thanks for the review of your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites- Allen! We appreciate that you will be staying with us again on your next trip this way. Please stop by the desk and ask for a manager so that we can get a better idea of exactly what the internet issue was with your stay as we want you to be more than satisfied!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Pleased with our stay at this hotel - will be in the area again several times over the next 4 months and plan to stay at this hotel again on those trips. The hotel was busy but the noise level in our suite was quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton D, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Crystal P,

Thanks for staying and reviewing our Hotel! Looking forward to your next visit. Please stop by and let us know how we can earn the perfect 5 rating!
Respectfully,

Management

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We regularly stay at Hampton Inns. Our normal stop in Plano was booked, so we decided to try this one. The location is super. It's easily accessible from Hwy 75, is not far from restaurants, and is within walking distance of an outlet mall (but take the car--the outlet mall is very spread out!). Having recently read holyrood's comments about staff not speaking much, I especially took notice of this. Check in was smooth and the guy at the desk asked if everything was ok every time he saw us. The next morning we were at breakfast early. I've made plenty of Hampton Inn waffles and I noticed the batter was very runny and obviously needed stirring. Nobody was around to help, so I stuck my head in the kitchen, saw the breakfast lady, and politely told her the issue. She got a whisk and stirred the batter. She uttered not a word--no "Sorry about that" or "Thanks for letting me know", nor did she smile at all. I have never seen a more dour Hampton Inn employee. To her credit, everything was fairly warm and the area was clean, but I never saw her leave the kitchen. The Breakfadt people can be key to customer satisfaction. We still are loyal to an Austin HI nearly 20 years after our first stay because of the vibrant and helpful breakfast lady they had. And she's been gone for years. At checkout, the man at the desk did say, "Thank you" but no asking how the stay was or "Have a safe trip" even. I think there's a lot more staff work to be done.
I will give them kudos of the highest level because their room information on the Hilton Honors website actually says in plain language that king rooms do not have bathtubs. Most try to hide that fact and it's my greatest peeve with Hampton. However, king suites weren't much more than king rooms, so that's what we got in order to have a tub. It wasn't really a suite. It was one room with a fridge, microwave, sitting area, and bed area. However, it was spacious, very clean, and had Neutrogena amenities. We would definitely stay there again. It would be a top notch property if the staff could muster a kind word or two.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Striggs,

Thanks for the detailed and therefore very helpful review! We appreciate you letting us know the areas we need to focus on, and we are on it!

Looking forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I recently stayed here for six nights and was, overall, very pleased with my visit. Although the hotel seemed to be fully booked on several nights, it was very quiet. My room was spotlessly clean, very comfortable, and included a microwave and refrigerator.

The daily complimentary breakfast was quite extensive with a nice variety of hot and cold items.

My only complaint was that any sense of hospitality was missing. It was as if the hotel staff has been instructed not to interact with the guests. Passing the front desk on my first morning there, I said "Good morning" to the fellow behind the desk. He looked up from his work, said nothing, and returned to the papers on the desk. Two days later it was the same with the lady who takes care of the breakfast buffet. My greeting to her was met with total silence.

When checking out, I turned my keys in at the front desk. The gentleman there said "OK". I guess I was expecting a "How was your stay?" or "Have a nice day", etc.

I'm rather surprised that a hotel would not try to maintain a pleasant atmosphere which might encourage guests to make return visits.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Hampton D, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Dallas Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Holyrood,

Thanks for taking the time and caring enough to give your feedback on your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Allen. I want to apologize that you did not receive the hospitality that we are usually known for, that is unacceptable and we are on this! March is crazy busy as it's spring break somewhere all month and Allen has become quite the tourist attraction. While this much activity can be a challenge, it is one we should be appreciative for and show this with every interaction. Overall, I am glad you still liked our Hotel and do hope you will be back with us on your next trip to Allen!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Hampton is always a quality stay. Only complaint was the tub would not drain fast enough while taking a shower. Minor mistake but worth noting. The breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast, I always wish the eggs tasted better/real. The hotel staff is great and friendly, but do not grab a muffin with your hands or the breakfast servicer will snap at you. It is located in a prime spot by great shopping and Allen has great food and recreation opportunities. A must try is Hutchins BBQ in McKinney, Tx. If you eat in there is free ice cream and peach cobbler.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Brett I,

Thanks for the great feedback on your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We do take your opinions very serious and are always working on ways to improve the breakfast experience.
We look forward to having you return, stop by and introduce yourself, we would love to meet you!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Front desk staff was great. I had an injury prior to arrival & they were very helpful. One of the young ladies sat with me in common area & brought me water and meds. One helped me walk to my room. Breakfast was really good.

Room Tip: The only complaint I have is that we had to ask to have our room cleaned on Friday Feb 21. Other th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Marie B,

Thanks for letting everyone know about the hospitality you received while at the Hampton Inn & Suites recently. It's nice to hear when someone goes above and beyond with gestures of kindness such as this, makes me appreciate our team here, all the more! We hope you are well on your way to a full recovery!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel is excellent and all services are great, we enjoyed our stay very much and looking forward to next year. Complimentary breakfast was very nice, room was stylish, clean and comfortable. Plenty of parking available, well lighted at night, safety was not an issue.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Nona W,

Thanks for taking the time to give such a wonderful review...other travelers greatly appreciate your opinions, and so do we!
Stop by and introduce yourself the next time you are in town, I would love to meet you!