Quietly resting, almost hidden, behind restaurants, on Hwy 75 in Allen, Texas was a boutique style hotel with beautiful interiors and the richest looking buffet breakfast area that I've ever seen in a hotel. It even had overstuffed leather couches and a fireplace!
The marble floors and crown molding were exquisite!
My husband and I and my parents were visiting relatives in Allen, and I booked our 2 room suite through Priority Club to get extra points. Using the suite was cheaper than booking 2 separate rooms. However, all rooms and suites have only ONE bathroom.
Our suite was room 302. It's view was open fields, which to me is much better than looking at buildings. It had a king size bed in the main room. A small, separate bedroom was listed as a queen, but was only a full size bed. The pillowtop beds were very comfortable. Each area had its own flat screen tv and chest of drawers, but you had to retrieve the luggage rack from the front closet in the main room to put into the bedroom so you'd have a place to put your suitcase in there. It fit nicely in a snug corner by the bed.
The downsides to this suite--- there is no microwave, and there is no fan in the bathroom. There is a safe and small frig. When I complained that there was no microwave, I was told it is only in the junior suite and we were in a family suite. That made no sense since usually to be called a suite means that you have a frig AND microwave! However, the night manager was very apologetic and twice took me into the breakfast bar kitchenette designed to be used only by employees working the breakfast bar. I was then able to warm up food for my elderly parents who were too tired to go out to restaurants.
The hotel even had a wheel chair which we used several times for my dad, so he would not have to do as much walking since the suites are not located on the first floor.
The fitness center was nice and I was told that the hotel is only 2 years old. I would defintely stay here again.
One warning!!! The water in this part of Texas tastes horrible and smells, so I would recommend bringing your own bottles of water for drinking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A shining jewel in the heart of Allen, Texas - The Holiday Inn Express & Suites offers tradition, luxury and sophistication, all at an affordable price. The hotel's location is prime, near city of Dallas, Plano, Richardson, McKinney, Frisco and Fairview with companies such as Finisar, Experian, Raytheon, FSI, The Ballfields at Craig Ranch, Jack Henry all at its doorsteps. A brand new 1940's Hollywood themed hotel, decorated with luxurious marble, tile, and a unique style. This hotel adds all the amenities of today's business and leisure travellers. State-of-the-art fitness center, I-Home radio, 26 inch flat screen Dell TVs, complimentary wired and wireless Internet, refrigerator in every room, Simply Smart bedding and exclusive Holiday Inn Express Breakfast will make Holiday Inn Express your home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Allen North - Event Center
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen North - Event Hotel Allen
- Holiday Inn Allen
- Allen Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Allen